Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Band---don't worry about it...I really took no offense, and you didn't put your foot in your mouth. Not at all!!! I was just putting it out there that I don't have kids, but I don't want kids so it's all good. :thumbup: :smile:

So I'm going to go to Apnea Care or CPAP Express on Thursday after work. I'll be able to get something, as long as I don't have to pay too much cashola, I don't get paid until next week and I'm already strapped. For those wondering, I had my sleep study back in May but I just got my results because I happened to call for them because I needed to go to my medical clearance appointment. Come to find out, my PCP has had the results FOREVER and has never done a damn thing about them. Thank God I'm switching from her, what a tool! It's almost as if she's been trying to sabotage me or something. I definitely will use my machine once I get it, I actually look forward to it.

5 days!

hey everybody,

well went to the first appointment today it was alright met with the dietion and the physical theropist and the nurse and it was alright. i have to lose 39lbs before surgery. i go back and met with dr. hoffman in 6wks. so she said try and lose as much as possible in those 6 wks so we can get the surgery date. i said has anyone ever done in it that short of a time she said all the time. i have to get a stress test and all test are done. so im gonna work my a$$ off for the next few wks.

i was wondering if anyone has a south beach diet book laying around that there no longer useing.

China work all you want at getting the weight off. But don't beat the crap out of yourself. As a big bandster myself you will not lose your place in line if you don't lose the 39 GD pounds. I don't care for Jeanne the DT. she always as a gloom about her.... Ya know not very up-beat!!! But that is just my opinion...... I had a month before my surgery to lose some weight and I followed SB and I lost 16 pounds taking me to 411. They banded me at that size, my liver was perfectly shrunk enough since I followed the diet plan on SB (South Beach). She crazy 39 lbs in 6 weeks or even 2 months is crazy...... If we could lose like that even with a band it would be 6.5 or 4 pounds a week. Not going to happen with out some drastic effect on our health. Some RNY patients don't lose like that!!! Do the plan and let it be what it is...... You know if your keeping to the plan and what your body does it's all going to be enough. Dr.Hoffman is the last word when it comes down to your surgery. He'll do it as long as you are honest and make a whole hearted effort!!

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

Don't worry China, I think they try to scare the crap out of everyone just so they make an honest attempt at trying and I agree with LLL Jeannie has the personality of a door, and she just doesn't seem to happy with her job. Dr. H has you scheduled and the insurance is o.k. 16_1_23.gif do you really think they are going to cancell and lose all that money cause you came up short? I don't think sooo........

and Hey is anyone out there besides me having porblems with this site. I keep getting e-mails saying if I don't visit the site they will quit 23_33_10.gif sending me posts????? and I already had problems with my password. Any advice, there is no way to contact these people...

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

thanks guys for the encouragement really meant alot. yes she does have the personallity of a door she doesn't seem all that friendly i asked her what was the difference in a nutr. and a dietition and the b said a diet. went to school then said anyone can be a nutr. then laughted and said you could be one. she seems very blane. also i lost 2lbs. so that brings me to a total of 11lbs gone. LLL your right everyone up there is really nice and very friendly. i met melissa, christen the phsy. ther., for got here name the black lady with braids that weighted me and gave me my welcome packet and last but not least kim.

LLL i go on 10-28-08 @ 9:30am maybe we can meet i will come early so we can talk a bit. that is when i see dr. hoffman i have already met him. however i go back and see jeanne in 2wks to see how im doing on the sb diet. LLL or bandofgold do either of you have the book that i can use for a bit or anyone that has already been through the process.

also i asked about the cath. and kim said no you dont have to get one they just have you pee before surg. LLL what kind of band and size did you get?.

Hi China I'm going to be there the same time as you... That's awesome!! What is your real name or is it China? Sorry to have to ask!! We will for sure be meeting up to talk and we can work on Hoffman for your date for surgery!! LOL Look at your calendar and pick a Monday 3-5 weeks out from 10/28.............

I have a copy of the book if you need it. It's right here on my desk at work. What area are you from?

I have to brag a bit-My daughter and I are in a weight loss study at UB and last night we weighed in - Since my last fill Aug. 26 (2 weeks) I've lost 10.8 pounds..... Holy Crap I was over the moon in delight.

I have a Inamed 10cc band with 7.5cc fill right now. Right now with three fills I'm at my sweet spot. 3cc at surgery & 3 fills at 1.5cc.

It's perfect and I love my band...............

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

Oh at this rate of losing I should for sure hit 100lbs gone in my first year.......... I'm so darn thrilled I could scream with joy!!

Now it took me a bit to get to my full sweet spot so anyone out there don't get upset or feel it's not working right. I didn't get my first fill until some time late March only since I felt as if from Dec - Feb I had enough restriction, then wham nothing I could eat like a pig again. I went 8 weeks for another fill end of June and this last fill in Aug. I need to change my ticker since I'm down now 75lbs. that's 9.3 pounds a month.......Aveage. That'sgood since you really cant' count the first 8 weeks for healing and trying to figure out your band and how it's going to work for you. I think back at when I finally said the band is the choice for me and Dr. Hoffman beliving in me that I could do this and giving me the tools to accomplish my goals.

LLL yes that would be great maybe i can come to your job and grab the book. and my real name is tesha when u see me u will see why they call me china. that is my real nick name ever since i was little. going to send u a p message with my number. and i have been watching u and u are doing great. what do u mean that your in a program at ub they have one to? do you excer. alot or no?.

girl you are a life saver- tell me some thing this is for everyone that did the southbeach diet how much weight did u lose and do u still us it. and was it easy to follow.

Sure you can. I'm right in Buffalo at the VA Medical Center on Bailey Ave. Give me a call on the job 862-6524. I'm here today and tomorrow all day long. I have the book right here now!! Well I signed up for a kids weight loss program at UB South on Bailey Ave. baclklast year in Sept. if you have a child between 8-12 and more than 20% over weight you can be in a study with your child to learn good eating habits. Well We started in April 08. She's doing awesome and it's helping me as well...... Has nothing to do with the band...... Just both child and parent can work together and learn good nutrition and take part in a study to help educate students at UB become better at behavioral health. WIN/WIN.

Call me Tesha I'm here for ya!!

Cynthia

10_1_12v.gif hey guys, just catching up on your posts...China, you can also go to the south beach website, and get recipes. and LLL holy sh** I can't believe you are losing almost 10 lbs a month, whats your secret girl.. congratulations!!!!!! I'm also glad to here about the fills, cause I got my second one a few weeks ago, and it only seems to last so long and then there is nothing.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Yeah I just met China and her mom.. What sweethearts. I'm glad I could help her out! We will get her on the road to band land too...

Yeah I know it's weird that you say that after awhile it seems loser.

Just remember to not choose slider foods. That is food you can eat in larger amounts and does not make you feel super, super duper full. I to have given in to those foods at times when I knew I wanted to eat, eat, eat..... Like pudding, yogurt, Cereal with milk. tuna w/mayo (lots of mayo) it's best to eat more solid foods and take tiny bites and chew the day lights out of it!! It works....... I might only get 5-7 bites yet I'm full...... I am a volume eater so this was a very hard concept to adapt too..... I love to see a pile of food in front of me and eat till my taste buds are content. Well baby those days are so gone now with this last fill 7.5cc in my 10cc band. I just had a little snack of get this 3 I count them again 3 pretzels I mean come on what fatty do you know that eats three pretzels... Well now you know one!! LOL Oh and I'm not talking about a stick either. I'm talking about you get 9 in an once or serving..... LOL, LOL I ate them real slow enjoyed each nibble of taste and texture... Then wham I knew I was full and I was satisfied. I wanted crunch, salty and carbie this snack. But if I would have eaten any more I would have got that really bad stuck pain feeling. I'm at the point I know my limits of each food. It takes time and patients to get the right combo of fill and skill in eating.

Hello everyone

Iam new to this site so bare with me please;-)

I was banded on July 1,2008 by Dr Forbes at BFLO General I so far lost 20lbs does'nt seem like an awful lot but I hear its a slow process and everyone is different with weight lost is that true?

Need some words of encouragment please !

Hello everyone

Iam new to this site so bare with me please;-)

I was banded on July 1,2008 by Dr Forbes at BFLO General I so far lost 20lbs does'nt seem like an awful lot but I hear its a slow process and everyone is different with weight lost is that true?

Need some words of encouragment please !

7_4_20.gif you go girl!!! thats alot of wt to lose in 2 months. we are all different but in the end, it all evens out. I was banded on 6/9/08 and have lost 48 total but 18 of that was pre-op. your doing great.. who is following you now that Forbes is gone. Hoffman is great but I here Posner is also very good.. anyway welcome! and good luck were all here for ya, just holler..........

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS