Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

the np said liquids and he said mushies- who knows? i stayed on liquids for yesterday and today- tomorrow will start on pureed.< /p>

when i went for my appt yesterday they were so busy they couldnt give me my next appt and told me to call. it will be fun trying to get through!

Val, I got my second fill yesterday, and no one has ever told me to go on liquids and then mushees, and Dr. Hoffman is my doc too. I feel a little queezy today and tired. I felt nothing with my first one. How do you feel, and how much did he put in, He only gives me 1.5cc at a time....

I was also told could not give an appt. but they called me today and said it is in the mail. Whats going on in that office anyway, it's always a mess. waited 1 1/2 hrs to see the doc yesterday...

Band---I think it's just the overwhelming number of applicants, and not enough staff. Now that Dr. Forbes is gone that only leaves 2 doctors let alone not enough people to handle all of the paperwork. I'll be willing to bet that Kaleida will be on top of that very soon. Hopefully, anyway---the medical profession is understaffed everywhere!

They lost my application in February, I didn't find out until March (I waited, that's why I always advise to keep calling), couldn't get into a seminar until April, my 3 hour appt. was in May, I had to have a recheck with the dietician in June to see how South Beach was going, I was supposed to have an appt. in July but I messed up my weeks, so then I walked in and weighed in early August, then had my appt. with Dr. Hoffman on the 19th with surgery on September 15th. It seems like FOREVER but now that it's here, it doesn't actually seem that long of a process. :thumbup:

the np told me liquids and d hoffman told me mushies. he filled it with 1.5cc. i feel okay but ive been on liquids and since i was working it was hard to get alot of liquids in. tonite im having soup- it seems to be going down okay

good morning lapband family,

ok updates called the clinic monday left a message for brenda ricks and stressed there after. this morning got a call from melissa with an appointment for september 10th at 9am. i feel totally relieved. feel like some things going on now. go for the phyco test on the 9-02-08 with dr. l. i see alot of u have gone to see him so what can i expect?.

also here is another big question i know everyone did the south beach diet but, does it have to be that one. i would prefer to do the formula 40-30-30. and when i go see the np what can i expect there?. does anyone attend weight watchers? was thinking about joining there. went to the gym last night an im sore as hell this morning. well i have talked to much so talk with everyone later.

Brenda Ricks is no longer with the clinic here in Buffalo. The girl has moved on to much happier things in life. She got engaged and moved to NC to be with the love of her life. So happy to hear such wonderful news. I wish her only the best!! It was a quick two week notice and gone she was!! LOL I always hear we lost your application and we just found it...... I think they may have a bad system of keeping the requests in order from arrival by fax, mail, & drop off...... If you keep good contact with them and make a point of being open to any time for appointments they will work with you.

Best for your appointment China with Dr. Lelito he's very nice... Just make it a point in telling him you don't graze all day. If you are the type to snack all day long than he might not see the good in the band. The band is for people who eat very large meals and a couple of Snacks. Due to the band can be easily usless if you eat all day long.... Once you have a little room you add more food. This is eating around your band which can be done.

I know they stress the South Beach plan and may not alter this diet. But it can't hurt to ask. I kow I was on Weight Watchers for many years with great results twice. They really liked that plan as well. But they need the liver to be shrunk for surgery and the SB diet is the best for these results.

Oh and for those who need a whopping amount of weight loss... Say patients over 350 - 400 and really want the band, I wouldn't see any other Doctor besides Dr. Hoffman. I know he's the only one on staff that feels strongly that we super sizers can make the band our friend and get our weight off. Most and I mean most will not even consider lap band for us super sizers.

hey laugh alittle where you been have not heard or seen you post in a while. how have you been?

i did get dr hoffman thank you for telling me about him also. after reading yours and everyone elses post i know he was the one for me. i spoke with im for a moment at the seminar. seems very nice.

He's a really wonderful Doctor. Right there for his patients!! I was just there Tue. I was his first for the day, so bright and early and outta there!! LOL,LOL,LOL I got my third fill so now I'm 7.5cc in my 10cc band... I can really feel the restriction now. This will be the boost I need to kick me back into keeping with-in the band rules!! LOL I sorta dropped the ball and was eating more and why but I started drinking with my meals which we all know is a big NO NO... This was helping wash everything down I had just ate!! Wrong move!! It's hard to learn and with summer it's easy to want to drink all the time.....

Oh by the way today is ONE full year with out Diet Pop, soda, Pepsi or any other carbinated drinks...... Yipee......

So fill me in on everything.. How is everyone?????

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

heyyyy LLL!!!!! It's so good to see you around here again; you were like the first champion for me because we were around the same size and I was really worried that they would push gastric bypass with me!! You were SO right about Dr. Hoffman. Listen up peeps over 350 lbs...especially if you are under 40...he's ALL ABOUT us getting the band. He told me that because I'm young, focused, etc. that it's actually better because I will lose weight at a much steadier pace . That to me equals less loose skin down the road. He also said that weight has NOTHING to do which surgery is better, but he said that if I'd shown up prior to him coming back to Buffalo that I would have never gotten a Lap Band. Anyway---what have you been up to?

Me---I've got a September 15th surgery date. I saw The Hoff on the 19th and I told him that I felt like I was meeting a celebrity. They told me to lose 50 lbs. and I lost 43 or so and it was a major celebration...because I didn't really need the 50 lbs., they were just upping the ante on me without knowing. :tt2: He was so excited he just let me pick a date, he didn't have his calendar on him or anything it was so awesome. Now I just have to get all the pre-op stuff done and I'm set! I got my insurance approvals in the mail a couple of days ago.

Welcome back!

Hey how are you......? I'm so excited for you getting banded in Sept. Man o man you lost 43... That's awesome!! The HoffMan is wonderful with us Big Mama's and all the other bandsters... LOL He's just so down to earth.......... right out there for us!!

I just got my third fill Tue. 8/26 so now I'm at 7.5cc in my 10cc band. Oh I'm so feeling it's the right fit right now!! Nice and snug, still can eat very small portions, yet it's staying in there for hours... No discomfort just nice total full feeling after about a half a cup. It's like I ate a whole 12 inch subway sub and a bag of chips...... FEELING

This should take me right to the Holidays and I hope beyond...... This will kick me into high gear to big weight loss again!! I did during the summer start drinking with meals... WHY? I have no clue... Dumb yes... I really feel it killed my loss big time during June, July, & part of Aug. So take it from me... DO NOT DRINK WHILE YOU EAT!!!!!! I leaned my lesson.... I didn't gain an once but my big weight loss came to an end....... I'm still smelling the burning rubber!! LOL,LOL,LOL

So how much do you want to lose? Any goal mapped out?

Hey does anyone know when the next support group is at BGH. I never really thought about attending. I really thought is was more for the RNY patients not bandsters.... I guess I'm wrong seeing some go to this meeting. Let me know if anyone else attends and see if we can't meet up at one soon!!

I'd love to put faces to our chatty family!!

Oh my, this is the most conversation going here in a long time. The lady in my room at the surgery was well over 400 and Posner did her band, so I would not worry about that for anyone who gets Posner.

Also, the support group is for Bandsters only, they have split up the groups. The next one is September 17 and I can not attend as I will be out of town, so you will not meet me, boo hoo. Oh wait, you did meet me on the first walk I think LLL? I was not banded at that time. I am down about 17 pounds since my July surgery.

If we can not meet at a support group we could always have our own, we Love Hoffman group, LOL. Really though we could all meet to chat, even Saturday after the walk for those who are not up to walking. We are done about 9:30 am.

It was so good to hear from you LLL. Bloom, can not believe it is your time, it seemed like September was never going to be here for you. I would come to see you post surgery if you want a visitor in late afternoon. I am leaving in the am for NYC. Let me know. Not sure if you have a ton of family that visits. Nicki came to see me and it was great. Otherwise I will meet you soon.

Take care everyone, have a good weekend. I am actually skipping the walk for only the second time as I am going camping and I CAN NOT WAIT.

Take care.

Has anyone heard from Loraine or did anyone see her at the clinic? I think maybe she got so thin she fell through the cracks? She was doing very well last time I saw her a few weeks ago. Anyone else keep in touch with her?

Let me know if you have seen her, I hope things are going well for her.