Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hello! I was at delaware park at 8 today. Where is the juicery??? At delaware entrance near ball dimonds or parkside entrance near basketball courts. I did see a group of four start walking from where the stand says custard, bnut did not know if it was you guys or not. I would love to walk next week. Please let me know where the juicery is. Thanks Debbie Maj

Debbie I am sorry you missed us. It is no longer the juicery but I found it because I was told to drive as far as the baracades. I think it says Custard and LaNova pizza on it. Please try again next week.

Hello! I was at delaware park at 8 today. Where is the juicery??? At delaware entrance near ball dimonds or parkside entrance near basketball courts. I did see a group of four start walking from where the stand says custard, bnut did not know if it was you guys or not. I would love to walk next week. Please let me know where the juicery is. Thanks Debbie Maj

I will be there next week. Short, chubby, frosted hair. You were in the right spot, sorry you missed us.

Judy, I am starting to fall into the overeating habits too. Youre right it is hard. I have some books that help address that. As everyone tells us the band is a tool. We need to be able to change our heads too. I am counting on the unpleasant side effects of overeating or eating the wrong things to help me break the habit but I also am strongly considering going back to counseling with someone who specializes in food issues. No one can say we are taking the easy way out!

28_2_7v.gif Dear Linda, you got that right, i was banded 7 weeks ago, and i feel like i could still eat like i did before the surg. It is not an easy fix, and i hope i get better at it cause there are days, when i want to fall of the wagon and have a banana split. ohhhhhhhhhh!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Big gurl, you are going to the psych a second time? He did not have me come back, perhaps he saw right away that I was crazy!!!

Let me know what happens the second time.

Yup, I got there late so I did'nt have time to see him after that loong test.

He was a tough interview, but honest and fair. I may go back to him if I still need eating counseling, which I might.

I am 10 days post op, have lost 12 pounds, have choked 4 times, went back to work 6 days post op and am doing fine. This is my first trip out of town, so not sure how the restaurant thing will go, but I feel confident. I ate almonds today which Hoffman said I could do, and they went down surprisingly well. Am still sticking to pretty soft stuff though.

Take care everyone!

hi was wondering if anyone had heard any thing about the next seminar. i have been calling but have not been able to get through or even a call back. just was wondering if any one had gotten a date for the next one. i think im just gonna ride down there and ask them.

they are usually the first Wednesday of the Month, so if you have not heard then there is not one in August. Dr. Hoffman is off for most of August and Dr. Forbes is leaving, so they will probably not have seminar at least until September when they would have Drs. available to give the seminar.

Are you calling 859-1168? I would think they would have to answer since that is the number we would call in an emergency.

I sent my application in February and did not get to a seminar until May.

BandofGold, I asked Jeanne, the nutritionist the same thing. I told her I wasn't get enough liquid. She basicly said to drink all the other times of the day. So my whole day is drink, pee, eat, drink pea, eat.

1 cup an hour for 8 hours is 64 oz, seems doable, however, I am lucky if I get half of that in. I have 8 hours to drink, I just dont have 8 hours to pee.

Actually, as I am telling you 1 cup per hour, it does not seem too bad, maybe I will try that. I have two cups of coffee, that only leaves six more to go. Doesnt sound too bad when you put it that way, right? I have never been a Water drinker unfortunately. But I am trying! Have you tried eating popsicles or something?

I finally faxed all my paperwork to Dr Hoffman's office. How long is the wait before I hear anything?

Linda, Val, Nicki, and everyone else: I started a new thread under fitness and exercise (Buffalo NY Delaware Park Walkers) so that anyone who is going or wants to go can let others know on that thread. If you are going and want to let us know please enter it on that thread. Thanks.