Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Judy, I finally found the thread. I think, it's so great to see all the people from Buffalo. I am 6 weeks post op and have not had a great wt loss. first fill 1 week ago and not much restriction. can you or some one tell me how long it takes to get to where the wt loss and feeling not hungry starts. thanx, and losts of luck and good wishes to you all

You should go to the support meetings or meet with the post surgical girls in Delaware Park on Saturday. I am only 4 days post op, so I can not give you much advice. I can not imagine not losing weight on the band. Perhaps you should call and make an appointment with the dietician. Are you exercizing enough?

also, perhaps Val will come on and give you some advice as she is doing well and she has never had a fill.

If you are not losing at all I have a feeling you may have misunderstood some of the instructions, so please get support.

I have to admit, I am only 4 days out and I am surely not hungry!

judy,the tightness i had too. it goes away. i let the glue come off on its own- it took weeks for it to be totally off, but it does come off. i stayed on the liquids for the full 7days-but i didnt realize i wasnt supposed to have the creamed Soups so i had those the first week. i took my pills whole, but all of mine were pretty small

I am doing creamed Soups too on the first week. The liquids just did not make me feel good so I added the soups and puddings

My sleep cycle is so off for some reason.

I think things are going well, I will see Dr. H. on Tuesday.

Can you feel it when you have eaten enough? When eating the Soup I start to feel a little discomfort and I stop there. I am thinking that it is the sign that the pouch is full and I need to stop or slow down. I will need to be more in tune to that as I add in cottage cheese next week.

When do you have a clinic visit again?

36_1_11.gif thanx judy, my excersize is restricted due to knee/back injuries, but will start pool excersize next week. thanks for your help, and good luck on your journey.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Hi guys, I just wanted to add a couple of things. I had my surgery on 6/23 and have only lost the initial 8 lbs from the liquid diet. It seems like this is very normal. I think its becase your body is so screwed up. I definately eat a LOT less than I did before. I get full on a 1/4 of the amount. It does get discouraging every morning being the same weight and Im sure it will get kicked started once I get my 1st fill. They dont really tell you this so keep it in mind. Im sure everyone is different but its happening to more than just me.

As far as the glue went Dr H told me at my one week post op visit to wash it off with a washcloth.

Hi guys, I just wanted to add a couple of things. I had my surgery on 6/23 and have only lost the initial 8 lbs from the liquid diet. It seems like this is very normal. I think its becase your body is so screwed up. I definately eat a LOT less than I did before. I get full on a 1/4 of the amount. It does get discouraging every morning being the same weight and Im sure it will get kicked started once I get my 1st fill. They dont really tell you this so keep it in mind. Im sure everyone is different but its happening to more than just me.

As far as the glue went Dr H told me at my one week post op visit to wash it off with a washcloth.

I peeled the glue off!

I think 8 pounds off is good, that is about 2 pounds a week which is a great rate.

I am not exercising much right now, I am sure that will kick the loss up. I will be happy to lose 5 pounds a month.

thanks for your input.

Dear rain,

hang in there, i'm sure we will get to where we want to be in time. We didn't gain it in a few weeks. I will be thinking of you and hope your journey is a positive one..

36_1_11.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Why do I have so much gas after everything I eat? I do not mean a little, I mean a lot of painful pressure, no matter what I eat, no matter how small. Help, it is so uncomfotable.

Why do I have so much gas after everything I eat? I do not mean a little, I mean a lot of painful pressure, no matter what I eat, no matter how small. Help, it is so uncomfotable.

28_2_7v.gifDear Judy, I had the pain and pressure also,and was told it was the gas they used during surgery. I was told it could take 10 days to 2 weeks to go away. try walking, it may get things moving.lol weight.png

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

28_2_7v.gifDear Judy, I had the pain and pressure also,and was told it was the gas they used during surgery. I was told it could take 10 days to 2 weeks to go away. try walking, it may get things moving.lol weight.png

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

No this is of a gastric nature. The gas, which is Carbon dioxide) from the surgery is released at the end of surgery and any minimal residual leaches out through the system. That gas is not in the intestines, it was in the abdominal cavity. This is clearly intestinal in nature. Perhaps it is just because I finally had real food. It was terrible, it kept building up all night. It is better now but I am nervous about eating. Thanks for your reply.

Dear Rain,

I was banded on 6-09 and have lost 13 lbs and had my first fill on 7-15. it seems so many people are losing vast amounts of wt. how much have you lost since surgery, and when are you getting filled. I lost 20 lbs before surg. 7 lbs 1 week post op, and 6 lbs since. fill. does that seem normal or slow.

I am so frustrated that I keep calling BGH and there is still NO seminar scheduled yet.

I just recently had a sleep study done, so glad I did. It confirmed I do have sleep apnea & have "episodes" or wake up 39x an hour. It was such a relief to understand why I'm so tired all the time and for people to not think I was making it up when I say that I never sleep. Also just had the psych evaluation w/Dr Lelito yday. That was kind of odd. Had to answer 371 true or false questions. It'll be interesting to get those results too.

Hopefully this will help speed up the process. I am really trying to stay focused on cutting out all the junk food from my diet & start eating regular meals. I'm just feeling kind of discouraged since I still havent even gotten in to the clinic yet.

DaniellaBee, it took me 3-4 months from first contact to seminar. Then two more months for surgery. So 5-6 months and from what I heard that is fast. Mine went fast because my insurance did not require a weight loss, and I was already approved right from the beginning. I know how frustrated you are, but it does take that long. Also Dr. Hoffman is off for a month and I heard Dr. Forbes is leaving, so that could delay things. The good news is, since there is no seminar the list must be getting shorter as they must be catching up on those waiting already.

Try to call to other facilities to see if they are faster, I am not sure.

Hoffman told me 5 pounds a month is what you should be losing. I do know that Loraine lost about 65 pounds and that is about 8 months. Hope that helps or that someone else gives you their stats. Look on the various tickers and you should be able to see how fast or slow others are losing.