Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Brubear, How can I add a ticker to my site? I found the ticker and everything but can't get it to the site. I don't understand the cut and past this etc. Can you help explain it? Thanks.

hi my name is china i have been roaming around here just reading i have did all the test except pyc. and the scope one turned in application about a month ago just to learn today that no one has it and i brought it in. was informed that there is not seminar for july next one isn't till aug. so can any one tell me if they have been invited to one for june. spoke with lisa and she said she was going to check into the date and see where my application could have gone. im hoping that it is just misplaced. im a little disappointed but i have to remember that all good things come to those who wait.

i keep reading about support meetings and was wondering if there is any one that walks during the week in the evening time. if so can i join.

Not sure if there was a June seminar, I have not heard anything about it. As you see from reading we have all experienced a loss of documents and approximately 4-6 months from start to surgery. We all sympathize with you, there seems to be no way around it at least if you use BGH.

I would walk on weeknights if I am available. Where do you live and where would you want to walk.

Just FYI my jazzercize class has summer special, $48.00, there are about 10-15 classes to choose from each week. the location is Ridge and Abbott and Transit and Clinton. I can give you more information if you need it.

They will want you to be involved in a physical fitness plan, the sooner the better.

Good luck with your Quest. I started my process in February and will have surgery in July, 5 months.

hi judy and friends,

i live in kenmore and i currently walk at delaware park. and your right excersise is important. i'm joining the ymca on monday. they have a pool there and alot of excersise programs that interest me and most important it is close to my home. i have been trying to take small steps right now. i have stop eating after 12, and drinking pop, started walking at least 2x's a week. and trying to cut down on what im eating and how much. some days its great others its not. but, im gonna keep trying. so far i have lost 8lbs from the middle of may till now. think i would walk more if i had some one to walk with. also can anyone tell me about the support meetings i keep reading about?

Loraine, I read you got your band in November of 2007. Do you still like it? I am more worried about not overeating than the surgery.

Loraine, I read you got your band in November of 2007. Do you still like it? I am more worried about not overeating than the surgery.

Loraine has not been on much, and I can not speak for her, but I can tell you what she has told me, she LOVES it! And by the way, she has never had a fill and continues to lose weight. I think she follows the diet and exercise plan exactly. So for those who say the band is useless without a fill, talk to Loraine, she is more than six months with no fill and a 65 pound weight loss since surgery. She looks fantastic.

china,

i live in amherst but work in kenmore i could walk during the week also. just let me know, i am always looking for someone to walk with. i go to the gym too but like to be outside during the nice weather

i was banded in march. i have lost 28 lbs in 12 weeks and also have not had a fill yet. i also was worried about overeating and concerned because now i am eating more, but i am still losing weight. for me this was the best decision i ever made and even if i stopped losing weight right now, id be happy i am down 4 pant sizes.

val

Way to go Val, I guess I did not realize that you had not had a fill. I think it works for you because you do things the right way with exercise and diet. I hope I can follow in your footsteps!

you can do it too judy. getting together with everyone on sat mornings helps alot. plus i have support from good friends

Well its definitely encouraging hearing that other people have been getting their surgeries scheduled & dsnt really sound like anybody has been getting denied. I'm still a little nervous about getting the approval from the ins co. I just called & spoke to Marietta & she said they dont have a set date for the next seminar. I was hoping to get in one in July but that doesnt seem very likely now. I had my sleep study done & I have to go back this Thursday for another one using the cpap machine. I also have the pysch eval. w/Dr Lelito in 2 weeks.

I'm also going to join the YMCA in orchard park this week. I'm looking forward to that, I would really like to get back into swimming. I'm so glad everyone has been making such good progress.

Just curious why cant we eat red Jello or popsicles...those are the best ones??

Val, you are an inspiration! If I can lose 28 pounds in 12 weeks once I get banded I will be ecstatic! Thanks for sharing.

hi val.

that would be great if we could get together and walk. will send you my # so we can get this thing moving.

yeah i couldnt believe it. i lost 13 lbs the first week

that would be gret china