Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

i think they wait until that point for the weight loss and to have everything else done. and you are right it is very stressful

judy,

i didnt do so well on phase 1 of south beach. i did better with phase 2 when i could have some carbs.

judy,

i didnt do so well on phase 1 of south beach. i did better with phase 2 when i could have some carbs.

I think I will see what carbs I can have in Phase 2, because I am napping a lot. You need carbs for energy so I will add some in. It may be why I am so crabby too.

I bought a mango tonight, I just hope it is in Phase 2!!

Judy, do you mean that you had it, or you received the results? If it's the latter, did you request the results? I never got anything so I'm wondering.

Though I'm pretty sure someone would have called me if I was loopy. :P

Thanks for the nice words Judy.My surgery is almost here. Getting excited/ nervous!!

Bloom, I received the results, testing was May 30. I called for the results because for some reason they had not made it to my Weight Loss Center file, now I will have a copy to bring with me.

I am sure they would have called you if you did not mentally qualify.

You have my approval!

judy,

if you go to the support group tomorrow nite, let me know how it goes. i can prob go next week

val

I dont think I will go to the surpport group just because I want to garden. I will go to the park on Saturday if you are going though.

Have you talked to Loraine at all? I have not been able to reach her. I think she is seeing Hoffman Monday morning, so maybe you will see her.

Then on Tuesday--hooray-Brubear and Rainwi--have their big day!! It is so cool.

I am going to bed early I think! Take care.

okay- i will be at the park on saturday. i see hoffman on tuesday for my fill. maybe i will try and call loraine tomorrow-

I have an abnormal urinary cortisol. Anyone have that problem? What the hell does that mean? I hope it does not mean that I have to go to Mexico!

Judy---that means you may have an issue with your adrenal glands. They'll do some extra testing, but most likely it won't do anything but help your cause. :drool:

Meeting with Jeanne today---what if I gained weight?!?!?!?????? I haven't exercised at all; I've been so stressed and busy--I know, excuses, but I really haven't had the gumption!

I'm also having a venous doppler on the 7th floor prior to my dietician appointment. Woot.

Hi everyone, I wish they put dates on these posts cause I don't know if I stumbled on something old or not but I am reading about all the SB dieting. PLEASE dont tell me I have to be on this until surgery! That could be months away. I was counting on getting weighed at my first appointment and that would be it. I did loose the 5% and then some. I actually am doing very well and I am never hungry. I am on phase 2 and still have only had two pieces of bread and it has been 9 days. I think I am scared to start eating again. I am a diabetic and I felt fabulous (but board) on Phase 1, not so great on phase 2. By the way I don't think it is insurance that requires the 5% loss but Kaleida who does. Thats what I heard. I guess I will know all these answers on Tuesday at my first appointment. Good luck to all of you who are having surgery on the 23rd. You will be getting ready to go home and I will be going in for my first time.:cursing:

No, they were not old posts, as far as I understand it you have to maintain the weight loss until surgery, and the week before surgery is Phase 1 again. If you lose the 5% and maintain it until surgery that should be ok, as long as you dont gain it before surgery.

I am confused as to who wants the 5% insurance or Kaleida. Will you ask that at your meeting and let us know? It is not easy to get an answer to that question.