Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

judy,

after you get your labs done and you go back for second appt with np, that is when they set up the appt with Dr. Hoffman

judy,

after you get your labs done and you go back for second appt with np, that is when they set up the appt with Dr. Hoffman

For some reason they were planning on setting up the appointment with Hoffman today, but it was too far away so I told them I will talk to him directly. There is no reason to wait two months, everything is done except two lab tests. I think the girls at the desk just have a routine and just give eight week appointments.

I will talk to him tomorrow. Can you believe I had all the stuff done that they wanted? I think Barb was surprised. He will do it soon, he just wanted to be sure I had all my tests done.

I did pretty well with the physical therapist too. .71 miles in 12 minutes.

The diet is going ok so far (only two days, LOL!). I will really have to behave to lose the 10 lbs in one month.

bugsbuni70 You are on your way. Congrats!!

Judy thats awesome. Hopefully you will get a August date.:(

I am still slightly hoping for July, but August will be fine. I just want to get a date before I have second thoughts, LOL!

I have to admit, I was nervous today, but it went very well.

I have to get off this computer, I am leaving for Syracuse at 6 am. Was supposed to leave tonight but got back from BGH too late and was not packed. So I am off to bed.

Thanks to all of you for your input and suggestions.

you will do fine with the diet. when ever you are contemplating surgery it is normal to be nervous. but you have all of us to help you through it. for me, it was the best decision i made

Does anyone if Dr Hoffman requires a overnight stay after banding?

Yes he does. All three require over night stay at BGH in Buffalo after Banding!! You have your swallow test done the next day and after the results you get to go home that afternoon!! He only performs surgery on Mondays!!

Yes he does. All three require over night stay at BGH in Buffalo after Banding!! You have your swallow test done the next day and after the results you get to go home that afternoon!! He only performs surgery on Mondays!!

Thanks Livelovelaugh my daughter asked me so I wanted to check. She is 6 and doesn't like not having me around at night. How can I handle it?

Hi bugsbuni70, I also have small children 3 and 2 who do not like their mommy gone at night. I know mine are smaller and can't understand as much as a 6 year old, but I will just explain that I have to go overnight but not to worry I would tuck them in the next night.

I am also alittle anxious about not being there with them. I have not been away from them more then a few hours.

Thanks Brubear. I'm going to try to do this when she isn't in school .

I have been on SB for 5 days. I am dying for some chocolate, otherwise it is going ok. I am also getting cold feet about having the surgery. I just have too much time to think about it. I wish there was some other way, but I will never keep anything off if I do not do this.

It will be months before you have the surgery, if you talk to her about it during that time maybe she will be ready. I do not have kids, so I can only guess what to do.

Not sure about you but I always seem to be talking about it so maybe she will get used to.

Judy,

just hang in there- your surgery will be here before you know it. i am glad i had it done. although i really think i need a fill, i am eating like crazy and my weight loss has kind of stalled. i am hoping dr.hoffman is there on saturday to ask him whether i should come in now, rather than later

val

Judy,

I am in the same place as you, SB and worrying about surgery. I know I need it, any surgery can be alittle daunting elective surgery a bit more I guess. Hang in there.