Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hey BigGurl, what r u being scoped for... I know what u mean, its not a pleasant experience.

ps. do they have to deflate us to do the scope?

I asked for the scope as I've been having the heartburn for awhile and I wanted to make sure everything is ok with the lining of my throat and pouch.. he also said I *might* have an ulcer.

I'm not sure if we have to be deflated. I hope not. :tongue:

Edited by BigGurlX

Morning all

just wanted to check in... you have all been chatty

I got a fill... can't eat much but eating crap... must be TOM... I don't actually get it anymore but get the pms... fun

Vicki - I'm sorry about your car... I had mice live in mine a couple years ago too.

well, off to work... Have a great day!

Between Vicki, Veronica and Yvette, If I didnt already have the band I'd be scared to death reading these posts...LOL..

Have a great Christmas everyone and dont eat too much (yeah right)

LMAO, Rain, well this is what happens when we care more about losing weight than how we feel, until we go alitlle too far and the band is so tight nothing moves and the dreaded heartburn begins...He took out quite a bit I can eat just about anything and as much as I like. that is scary too... I don't think my body is made to be under 200 lbs anymore...I am scared now that the weight will start piling on again, Jen I thought you just got a fill..?

P.S. 202.3 this a.m. but ate about 2 dozen Cookies last nite so i am sure they will catch up with me, and there are still more out there in the kitchen waiting and calling for me...HELP

Well, I don't know whats going on now, I got the unfill and was fine and last nite i got the heartburn again and was drinking mylanta. The only thing I ate last nite was a piece of string cheese and it has been floating around in there ever since. Does anyone else ever feel some thing moving around in there esophogus? like little finger nails flicking the inside of it? its a wierd feeling, any how, maybe it will subside if i do liquids today, if i can...i always feel hungry lately.

Well, off to the store, Everyone have a Merry Christmas and like rain said, don't eat too much (Yeah right) lol...

when i get like that vicki i just try liquids...now for me my fill kicked in christmas eve, so i didnt feel good all day today and could hardly eat...lol

when i get like that vicki i just try liquids...now for me my fill kicked in christmas eve, so i didnt feel good all day today and could hardly eat...lol

I guess therre is no exact science with the band and no rhyme or reason either lol....oh well, just have to go with the "flow" ha ha laughed at my own joke...:blink:

i had my band placed this week (also had a large hiatel hernia repaired at the same time) and I have been having uncontrollable burping. No heartburn, no pain, just constant air moving up and down my esophagus. I am only drinking small amounts of liquids and it even happens with Water. Any one else have this happen??

i had my band placed this week (also had a large hiatel hernia repaired at the same time) and I have been having uncontrollable burping. No heartburn, no pain, just constant air moving up and down my esophagus. I am only drinking small amounts of liquids and it even happens with Water. Any one else have this happen??

Hi Twins,

It's probably air releasing from your body from the surgery. when we have the surgery they fill the abdomen with air so they can see what they're doing. some people have air stuck around the shoulder area which causes pain (happened to me)..get yourself some gas-x strips to help release the air...it does help.

Congrats Twins, enjoy the first year, the pounds seen to melt away....the air BigGurl is talking about can take anywhere from a few days to a couple week to leave the body. walking around may also help you expel the gas....:blink:

ate way too much the last couple days, even ate a half box of chocolates today uuuuggggghhhh!!! the scale says i'm up 3 lbs and that was before the half box of chocolate.....

thanks for the responses. I'm not sure this symptom is the gas from the laparoscopy. I've had 2 laps before (for appendix and gallbladder and I had gas pain) but not like this. I go in for my 1 week post op check Wednesday so I'll bring it up then.

Everyone have a nice new years

Hey all

hope you had a good Christmas. Sorry Mia - get very depressed this time of year. I wonder why I am so horrible and alone and it takes all my energy to make sure my kids have a good day. I have not left my house since last Wed.

Vicki - step away from the candy

Twins - I had a couple other surgeries as well, but the banding just about did me in with the gas pains. it was horrible I couldn't move. To this day I also cant drive too long, about 3hrs, without the gas pains starting, what is that about? wish you the best of luck!

sorry to hear that Jenn. well i havent felt well since Christmas Eve, when my restriction kicked in.Everytime i try to eat i can only eat a few bites and then i belch for about an hour. attractive i know... i knew when she put in 2cc it was too much but im going to wait a couple more days to see if it settles down. im going to stay on liquids for now.

Between Vicki, Veronica and Yvette, If I didnt already have the band I'd be scared to death reading these posts...LOL..

Have a great Christmas everyone and dont eat too much (yeah right)

I know..Right ! LOL

But seriously, if I did'nt have the heartburn, i'd be ok. Everything else with the band is perfectly fine. What i'm doing now is keeping a Heartburn diary to see if it's what i'm eating thats causing it..or if the band is still too tight (which I doubt).