Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Are you supposed to feel that tight full feeling while still on liquids, because I'm not. I seem to have no problem at all w/the Protein Shakes or broth but I'm trying to not eat/drink them all too much at a time.

And has nayone heard when the next support group meeting is?

Danielle

I think the next meeting is the third wednesday of the month which would be Jan 21st. But not sure. One of our friends (future bandster) Sandra has an appointment on the fifth of January and she is going to find out the date for us. I will post it as soon as I find out.

I felt tight in the beginning but after about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks out, I was ok with the liquids. In fact I thought that I was drinking too much. But alot of the discomfort that I had was the gas... that lasted at least for 10 days out then all of a sudden it went away.

Sounds as if your doing ok.

China, how are you doing ??

shar

hi all how is everyone doing these days.

hi shar, im doing ok went to my dr's yesterday down 9 more lbs.

trying to just get use to the band started back at the gym monday that is some thing i have to get use to again. im still not able to eat much but, im not tripin on that as i have eat enough over the years so not being able to eat hardly now is alright it will work its self out in time.

congradulations daneille on your surgery. and you to kathy on starting your journey.

one question for those that have been banded already this is only my seconde week. but, if you did eat could you not drink at all. meaning if i eat 3ozs of what ever i eat i cant drink even 2 hrs later try i can 6hrs later. my question is once you started eating something did you notice that your you where not drinking as much.

well happy new years all.

most definitely china....i have a heard time drinking alot of fluids....thy are always telling me i dont drink enough and prior to being anded i drank tons of Water and now have a real hard time with that

val

ok i was starting to think that i was the only one. when i go to the dr's they say i should be able to drink 64ozs a day and the 3 small meals and that is not possible however im able to know eat 3ozs at once but, wont be able to eat again for 5-6hrs. mostly 6 then i dont eat after 9:30pm so you do the math. might only be able to drink 16ozs in between so i count that as a meal to. it will get better in time hell ive only been banded for 2wks and 3days gotta get use to it. in any case thanks for letin me clear my thoughts.:Yawn:

happy new years

most definitely china....i have a heard time drinking alot of fluids....thy are always telling me i dont drink enough and prior to being anded i drank tons of Water and now have a real hard time with that

val

Happy New Year, peeps!

Even though today is the 1st, and things are supposed to be different in the new year...I'm a teacher so I wait until I go back to school to start anew.

I think I've gained some weight over the holidays, I'm not impressed...so off to the gym I go on Monday! God, this is so hard, even with the extra help! I definitely need a fill, but Malissa never called me back to change my appointment from the 6th. So who knows when I'll get in there!

Happy 2009!!!

hi agin,

Thank for all the info and i will get myapplication out pronto. I go to the pcp on the 8th so i'll have him fill it out. Do i have to send the doctors letter in fwith the applacation or just bring it with me to my first app. Well take care and my computer is being stupid:mad:.

God Bless Kathy

Ok its only been 3 days since the surgery, but i feel absolutely no restriction whatsoever. Do you feel it when just on liquids? I can drink an entire glass of Protein Shake & skim milk & not feel a thing & not really feel full.

I'm confused since China is also not able to even get in enough liquids.............??

the only thing i can say is i to was told that there is no restriction as i was banded with 1.5cc inside it. i told them some thing is restricting me as i feel full just takeing the pain meds. that did get better now the liquid in take i cant understand it either. but, i will say today was a better day. i did eat 4oz of yams and 3ozs of mashed up chix at a meal setting. but, didn't eat for 6hrs after that so for dinner i had 3oz of applesauce mixed with cottage cheese. and for Breakfast 16oz clite. and that was my day. not able to eat much but, its ok i did my share of eating over the years.

i did talk to the nurse and dr at the hospital and my appointment and let them know what was going on and i do have to go for some test and if things haven't picked up by the 6 then he's going to take the Fluid out. but, i think its ok i would rather drink than eat any ways.

just give it time everyone is different. im sure within the next few days or wk i will see some change in my eating. but, i am slightly puzzled to why he has me come back 2-24-09 to see if i need a fill but, others that was band before me or around that date is comeing way sooner than that. he did tell me that he set me tight so he knows i wont need a fill probley even then. so with that said i just take every thing one day at a time.

Ok its only been 3 days since the surgery, but i feel absolutely no restriction whatsoever. Do you feel it when just on liquids? I can drink an entire glass of Protein Shake & skim milk & not feel a thing & not really feel full.

I'm confused since China is also not able to even get in enough liquids.............??

hi agin,

Thank for all the info and i will get myapplication out pronto. I go to the pcp on the 8th so i'll have him fill it out. Do i have to send the doctors letter in fwith the applacation or just bring it with me to my first app. Well take care and my computer is being stupid:mad:.

God Bless Kathy

Lucky, I would send it in together with the application. Try to get in also as much medical information you can with it, however, if you don't get it all, don't worry about it yet. Just send in all that you can and work on gathering it before the clinic appointment (after the seminar) and remember, take copies of all paperwork before sending it in or handing it over. Also make that psych evaluation appointment asap.

good luck

shar

Hi everyone, been out of town and out of touch.

Kathy-Good luck, it can be a long frustrating journey but so worth it. I have so much energy! As far as asking for a particular doctor. A lot is written about Dr. Hoffman and he is great but I have heard no complaints about Dr. Posner either and would be happy if he had to see me also. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT INFORMATION -do not send one thing to the WLS center without first making a copy for yourself!!!!! I cannot stress this enough. Everyone will agree with me! Ask your primary for all copies of any test, GI, sonograms, past surgical reports, etc. More is better. I had a BMI of lower than 40 but had sleep apnea, high BP and diabetes. Oh and I have not taken any diabetes medicine since surgery day! Another word of caution - do not start SB until you get weighed. This is against everything we are striving for but I almost lost too much weight which would have made me ineligible for the program. I had to maintain for 6 weeks which was very hard.

Now for China, Danielle all the newbies - do not fret!! Everyone is different. Sometimes very, very different. I wasn't hungry for weeks. Right now I have chest pain and the only thing I have eaten today is a HB egg at 9am. I am drinking coffee now and feel so tight. But I can eat a large bag of popcorn at one sitting and did last week at Dollywood. As far as post op pain. Two months later I still have incision pain occassionly. I never had shoulder pain but had side pain for weeks and weeks (didn't stop me from doing anything, just annoying.)

Danielle - congratulations! Hang in there it gets better. I live up the street so give me a call is you need anything or just to talk.

Happy New Year everyone. May you all be blessed with inner peace.

We will be walking at Galleria Mall at 8am Saturday morning. Please join us!! Walkers will meet at the upper entrance next to Macy's.

Support group meetings are always the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6am so it will be the 21st. My appointment is the 13th at 1pm.

i will tryto be there at 8am saturday linda....but i do have to work