Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Thanks! I am doing ok. The detective was going to pay a call on the red truck person. I may drive in that area to look for discarded purses. He lives on Bedford, near the park. It may not have been him, who knows.

I have obtained at least an ATM card, my company card should arrive tomorrow (replacement). Now I am just hoping to come up with some ID so I can board the plane for work tomorrow.

I will not be at the park next week as I am seeing the Rockettes. But I will do the park as long as weather permits, just with an empty car.

I am hoping we can get a few others to join us for the Turkey Trot, it is a nice walk and will be nicer with company.

Judy, I'm just sick about you and LInda. I wish you luck, and if you need anything let me know. Don't forget I live close. Have A good trip. Debbie

Thanks, it means a lot to have you guys care. I am pulling it all together and might be able to make my trip. Hope to get my license tomorrow. I went to the park for a while today to look around for dumped purses, and I found out where that guy lived so I looked on that street, but no luck. I was hoping to find my passport and glasses. I am blind without my glasses, I do have a back up pair, just not as nice.

I will not be walking next week because I am going to Rockettes, but we will soon have to move indoors anyway.

Thanks for your offer of help! I think I am back in action somewhat. Just cant figure out what purse I want to carry, I loved that purse. I have others though.

Take care.

hello, my name is jason. i've spent quite a while reading all your blogs and appreciate the support you all give one another. i really dont know why i'm writing this. i guess i'm just very nervous and need to vent a bit. dr hoffman will be performing my surgery tommorow morning @ 11:30. for some reason i'm freaking out? :rolleyes2: is this normal?

Judy---I'm sorry about your purse; that sucks!! Here's to hoping you get all of your stuff in order a.s.a.p.

That's awesome that some of you are doing the Turkey Trot. I've done it for the past 2 years with my sister, nephew, and niece. This year will be those three as well as my sister-in-law. I'm debating whether to do it again; the first year wasn't too bad but last year was really really hard on me. I don't know if it was because I weighed more than the year before (I'm thinking yes), but now I'm back down to where I was the first year, maybe even less. I've just got this mental block from last year---I was in pain for days and could barely walk (bad joint pain in my left ankle). So as it gets closer I'll rethink it.

The cool thing is that I keep my runner numbers up on my fridge just to remind me that I was able to walk that long! It really is a cool walk, I just hope to run next year!

Judy--if I worked closer to Buffalo I would totally rent your condo, lol! Maybe one day if my job gets cut in the next two years due to declining enrollment in my school district. I hate thinking like that but it's a reality!

And Jason...don't worry about posting and/or freaking out! Who knows if you'll read this but you should've seen me the week before my surgery I was a basket case asking all kinds of questions on here. It's completely normal. The hardest part is the waiting in the pre-op room. I was cold, and sat there for an hour before someone came and gave me an IV and the sedative. Ha ha, then I just giggled my way into the OR and then commented on how the music and the lights was like Nip/Tuck. You will be fine---a little sore when you wake up but nothing of major consequence. Good luck and welcome!!!

Welcom Jason, it is totally normal, in fact if you weren't freaking out I would wonder. you'll be fine like Bloom said, sore but nothing major. Good luck on your journey and hope to here from you as to how it all went and your accompishments.

Judy, I am not quite sure what happened, but I get the jist from the blogs. Hope you get everything squared away without any problems. Keep in touch. vicki

well Marietta has redeemed herself. She was able to get me in for that 1st appt this wed., originally when they cancelled on me last minute last week I wasnt going to b able to get in again till 12/3. Yay!

I'm an official bandster now!!! Surgery with Dr P. was on Friday and I even convinced Dr. P. to release me that night if I did good. I was walking the halls later that day but decided to stay for pain control and rest. Drinking the Protein Drink does make me feel better. I just don't know if I am full or my incision starts to hurt. I also cannot burp??? Is this premanent? Much more energy today and feeling hopeful of the future.

I'm an official bandster now!!! Surgery with Dr P. was on Friday and I even convinced Dr. P. to release me that night if I did good. I was walking the halls later that day but decided to stay for pain control and rest. Drinking the Protein drink does make me feel better. I just don't know if I am full or my incision starts to hurt. I also cannot burp??? Is this premanent? Much more energy today and feeling hopeful of the future.

36_1_55.gifCongrats buckets!!! everything will feel strange for sometime. You have to get to know your body again. Everyone is different but everyday you will learn more and more about what is normal for you and it will be a great ride once you start to see the lbs melt off and will feel lighter on your feet. just follow the rules from the doc and if you feel good, then everything is probably o.k.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

thanls for the encouragment! I have more energy and feel better each day. I stopped taking the liquid med it was like doing shots of Jack Danials. Dr. P said He will probably give me a fill on Friday because the xray showed no restriction and I will be uncomfortable. I think what I feel is pure hunger pains. I have never had hunger pains for more than 5 minutes in my life--HaHa. I tried some cream of mushroom soup-strained and bought cream of chicken cup of Soup to keep the wolves at bay and I mix my Protein Powder with milk and crushed ice and pretend it's a frozen ice capp-it's really good.

I have my seminar on thursday 11/13. Does anyone know do i need to bring a co pay for the seminar??

No copay is needed. Just bring a pencil and paper and your support person. It is very informative. Good luck.

Who is doing the turket trot? Im tempted but nervous .