Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early NSV!!

Ok, so I know I'm only 9 days post-op, but the NSV's (non-scale victories) are already happening. Other than my clothes starting to get way too big, I had a moment tonight that made me smile. We have a two car garage and when both our our cars are in there it's a TIGHT fit. I always try so hard to park as close to the wall as possible but it nevers seems to be enough. I open the door and I have to SQEEEEZZZEEE myself out of the car contorting my body, holding my breath and dropping "f-bombs" because it's so tight and I barely make it out of the car. Don't get me started on trying to schlep my purse and other crap with me!! Well, tonight I pulled into the garage opened the door and prepared for the usual debacle. I put my legs out and went to push myself out and whadya know.......I wasn't squeezing like I was in a clown car!! I didn't have to suck in my breath, get my clothes all dirty from leaning on the other car, just like normal scooted myself with no problem!!

This little episode inspired me to change my screename from "Bigmarathoner" to "marathinner"...ha...ha get it? Anyway, hope you don't mind me sharing and I look forward to all of us sharing the MANY victories to come!!

Party on, Valentine's....party on!! :thumbup:

Amy

Amy, I love the name change! And congratz on your NSV!:thumbup: I'll have to keep that term in mind, it's new to me, I'll start looking for my own "NSV's". Now, I know there's a ton more benefits to weight loss than seeing the scale move, but I just love putting the title on it! Then I can stop and enjoy my NSV moments, like you just did :crying:

I think today I had something of an "NSV" . . . it wasn't lower weight, but it was diet related. I went and got my hair cut, and all over the salon were open boxes of Girl Scout Cookies, and chocolate kisses. Now, I was a (maybe still am?) "choco-holic", but when I was offered a cookie or a chocolate kiss, I felt **happy** to politely decline! I really didn't miss it, even under my nose like that! Ok, yes, I'm proud of myself here, lol. And more than a little surprised . . . I was worried about today, I thought I'd be drooling for any chocolate. But I'm ok with my diet . . . it's almost like, we made friends! lol :smile:

Sorry, I didn't mean to hi-jack your NSV moment with my own story, Amy! I'm so glad you share. This gives me something more to look for. Congratz again!

YEAH amy and lori. what great NSVs. That is totally AWESOME!!!

I wore my moms jeans to wrk the other day. they are a 14. I'm usually a tight 16.

This is GREAT that we are having NSVs so early on. What GREAT motivation.

hey guys,

i'm one of those goobers who weighs daily....and i can get a little stuck on it but here's my NSV

2 years ago i bought this luscious rose and ivory silk jacket (on sale!) and never had the right thing to go with it or outgrew it......Yesterday I pulled it out from the back of the closet, and miracle of miracles the dang thing fit and was a little roomy!!!!!!! I was elated...talk about motivating

today i've gotten my Water in on schedule (the postop swelling is down now) and today 1 week out from my 2nd surgery (revision) i was able to walk at lunch almost my usual pre op distance

let's go girls

amanda

another NSV

i hate my scale it's been stuck for 5 days....i know part of it is that my diabetes has been a litttle less than predictable and i've been letting it run a little high (for safety) especially when i was obstructed. now i feel like my intake is okay and that i can get in some quick glucose if i need to....BUT TO MY NSV!!! i walk at work every day at noon...today i wore these really great velvet pants that i couldn't button the inner button on before surgery...today i put them on without un buttoning them---just slid them right on woohoo..and on my walk i had to keep hitching them up. also i grabbed a full handful of fabric on each leg and held it up a little while walking because they were rubbing together not my legs but the excess fabric was rubbing together......let's spread some joy and encouragement post those NSV

amanda

:lol: Wooo hoooo Amanda!! That is awesome!! You're a tough cookie, girl. I'm so impressed with how you have bounced back after a rough start to things. Keep up the good work:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm trying so hard not to weigh myself everyday. I don't want the scale to dictate my success but losing 20lbs in 3 weeks makes it hard to not want to see the numbers everyday. I think NSV's are a much healthier measure of success!!

Keep it up Double V's and again...CONGRATS Amanda!!