Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctor Saw It My Way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick note went to my doctor's office today to get the letter from him saying that he thinks that I need lap band surgery. I was really worried as my insurance (Tricare) requires either you are 100 pounds over your ideal weight with co morbidities or you must be 200% over your ideal body weight. Which unfortunately I was just shy of both requirements but my wonderful doctor helped me out by saying that my pre diabetes was now diabetes. So I don't have to gain any weight to qualify!! You go Doc!!!

Mel, whom ever told you that about Tri-Care was mistaken. Very much so. Are you Prime or Standard? Do you have access to a military hospital with a surgical wing? I am also Tri-Care (prime) and since we have surgeons at the hospital who can do the Gastric surgeries (band/bypass/and now sleeve) all that is required is your PCM give you a referral to the surgical clinic. It is standard at any and all military hospitals that can perform the surgery.

Shoot me a PM if you need more info.

I got the information about what tricare will approve directly from their website in the Tricare book. I am standard. I don't know if I do or not. My husband is in the Kentucky National Guard. I think the closest one for me would be Fort Knox and I don't know if they have a surgical wing or not. I will have the referral from my civilian primary care doctor. So how would I go about finding out if the hospital at Fort Knox has a surgical wing or not? Isn't there a waiting list at most military hospitals? Any information you can provide would be most appreciated.

I sure wish mine had been covered. I am TriCare, standard retired dependant. Have to use civilian doc. 100 pounds overweight, but no cm. I was self pay in MX last Oct. We are currently trying to get my DH approved - he is on Medicare and TriCare for Life. Good luck to you. I hope you can find a cheaper solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches