Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Bacccckkkk

It is so good to see you posting again, even if it is only on this thread. Now you know why I mainly lurk. I have such a big problem sticking my feet and shoes in my mouth in real life, I'm always afraid of what I will do posting alot. :)

I'm hoping our annual Harley "ride for the kids" is not the weekend after Labor day as usual so I can attend the Vegas bash again. We are discussing changing the date and you know me, I will definitely vote "yes" begging everyone to change it so I can go.

Keep in touch, even if it is only here. WE LUV YOU!!!

Lisa you still around?

This is in response to Nancy's "Moderator" thread posted today in addition to Alex's "Moderator Privacy Issues" thread. I'm not sitting back accepting defamation of my name any longer. Ya'll got what you wanted - DeLarla's back in town.

Nancy, to what evidence or fact do you state your claim that Marie & Betty have been disciplined? Have I missed an important announcement? And what offense am I'm being charged that warrants disciplinary action? Is it a crime to be a victim of brainless rumors?

Penni, Betty & I admitted we affected the board wrongly and negatively. We deleted everything ugly and mean we said, and then I stopped posting, naively thinking my absence would clear the air. But instead, Marie abused her moderator's privileges to un-delete everything Penni & I cleaned up (please note she left Betty's posts untouched to further manipulate our posts.) Yet you continue to sing praise to a moderator who dug in the garbage to continue her public assault on the entire board while wrongly defiling my name. I did not run away from LBT, I stopped posting because I won't allow Marie to dig through my garbage again. But you've coerced me back to defend my name and dig up the past in hopes of shutting the trap for good.

Seventy-five people read that I'm not Bigchix but only nine people responded. Which one of you started the rumor? Was it Greg's comment that if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...? Maybe I'll suggest to my attorney that he use that line next time he stands in front of a jury. Why bother with truth and verity when we can use fallacious ducks as prosecuting evidence?

In the "Moderator and Privacy Issues" post, Alex asked for suggestions on how to fix the problem, yet all he got in response was malevolent diatribe from the henhouse. I was the only one that offered an equable request to keep my response confidential to prevent further conflict. Congratulations to all of you that have infected yet another thread with your ancient soap opera antics. Here's your sign.

Am I the one accused of sending threatening PMs or have others been placed on the chopping block alongside me? I sent PMs to several members providing evidentiary and factual evidence in defense of my grounds. They're facts, not threats. No more subtle innuendos please. If I threatened somebody, why hasn't a moderator contacted me? These are serious accusations, and I won't sit by any more allowing anybody to further taint my reputation or defile my name.

Rebeccalee, you're crying and shaking and getting sick to your stomach yet you're at the top of the list of polluting LBT with hurtful and destructive falsehoods. You accused a moderator of making up new identities. Since you're in agreement with Alexandra, Marie and Betty, that leaves Penni. Who are the "other people" you mention? Is it just DeLarla or have others been attacked with the same nasty rumor?

Nightingale2U compounds the problem by describing a "linch mob that involves another of your moderators." Nightingale2U, do you have proof? Could you perhaps have fallen for a trap that might have been set by other crafty members to make it look like DeLarla? Could it have been teenagers playing silly games? Is there a possibility that it wasn't DeLarla and/or Penni? Can someone please pass the evidence? I'm not bigchix. Penni is not bigchix. If anyone needs to be disciplined it should be every single tyrant that participated in these accusations.

Those of you talking about one apple spoiling a whole bunch need to take a look in the mirror; the reflection will tell you exactly why LBT won't come back from hell. If you're crying and shaking with torn up stomachs, you'll continue to cry and shake until you make direct amends to those you've hurt. Guilt can manifest as illness. And considering all the clucking about wanting this to end, why do you keep coming back throwing rocket fuel on the inferno?

As far as lynch mobs and witch hunts, allow me to update ya'll on the way things are run in the US today. We're not an oppressed country where women shield their faces behind veils while being told what to do by men who make the rules. Our American rights allow us freedom to speak and write what we please. When someone alters the meaning of what we say or write it's called "slander" and "libel" respectively, and it's illegal. And we are innocent until proven guilty, and have the right to a fair trial! And the laws of "discovery" give us the right to know our accusers, what we're being accused of, and any to inspect any evidence being used against us.

So to each one of you that "think" they know the truth, back off before slamming my values or erroneously accusing me again. I want all allegations against my name to stop immediately. While you hide behind your embroidered hankies sniffling about how sick this makes you, stop contaminating the board with sour treachery while feigning innocence. It's no wonder men don't take women seriously.

I'm pretty sure you were involved with the Kennedy Assassination. And Michael Jackson's accuser's mother is my prime witness...so as soon she has a free moment, your ass is TOAST!

this is getting so ridiculous. Don't you guys have anything better to do with your time. Let it go away for crying out loud.

Lisa Lisa Lisa,

Come on now young lady lets point out one thing here.

My Statement was: If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then it must be

a duck..isn't that right Lisa? This is a question and not an accusation as I told you numerous times in our PM's. I knew thru your own admission you were lurking thus the question was posed.

You comment here: Was it Greg's brilliant(and I will take this as a the compliment that I knew you mean it to be, because under it all we are pals.) deduction that if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then it must be DeLarla?

Now lets move on a little bit further in your response here and we find this: When someone alters the meaning of what we say or write it's called "slander" and "libel" respectively, and it's illegal.

Im sorry Lisa but I have looked at these two statement several times and I do notice someone altered it so it does change the meaning and yes if that is what I had originally wrote you would be correct. I would have been accussing you. But I didn't accuse you. You had to alter the statement to put it here to prove a point.

If I threatened somebody, why hasn't a moderator contacted me?

Just want to point out, again for the record, that PMs are not readable by moderators. The only way a moderator would know about inappropriate PMs is if the recipient reported it.

Lisa, I hope you're feeling better now. :) Let's see peace restored, please.

Edited to add that I am in no way accusing Lisa of sending threats. Just wanted to clarify what the moderators have access to.

Hi Lisa,

I know how much this has been hurting you and I felt the need to say something. I have been pretty quiet about all of this mess, but I dont like it one bit. There are a very few gossip mongers here who do like to spread rumors and come across with the guise that they are helping others. The majority here are good and peaceful people, but it only takes a few to add fuel to the fire.

None of us here live perfect lives, all of us have problems and many of us have come from dysfunctional families and backgrounds that have encouraged obesity. So no one is immune here from rumors and innuendo and we could all easily become victims and have the same thing happen to us that happened to you.

The truth is I have never seen anything like this happen on other boards. All the negativity and slinging mud over something which started over something very small. All of this stinks. The whole mess stinks, but its time to put it to bed once and for all. Please lets just kiss and make up already!

Babs in TX

334/180

Alexandra, when all the pooh hit the fan, I honestly felt bad enough to walk away from LBT to cool my jets and allow peace to be restored. But that wasn't good enough for the clan. Too many people equate silence to guilt. But the straw that broke the camel's back was the new thread Nancy started today bringing up my name again. How many new threads are they going to start while at the same time crying that they want to stop the insanity?

Now Rebecca started yet another thread where she cut and pasted quotes from this one! She owes me an apology but instead started a whole new batch of drama. It's a malignant cancer that won't stop.

But it has to stop.

So now I sit here with my mouse headed towards the delete button weighing my options: Do I delete this thread to make nice-nice? Do I let it ride?

I promised that I'd try to stop deleting threads, so I'm going to keep it up. I did edit one sentence earlier since I misquoted Greg, but this thread has to stay.

Barb, I was asked not to leave LBT by some pretty impressive and significant folks. But sitting around waiting for it to end wasn't making it stop. I'd be the first in line to vote for supsending the next member who even breathes a sigh of it! (Please don't take that literally!) But when I see my name all over the boards after over a week of being absent.... see above.

This is really hard for those of us who have met people on both sides of this great divide. It's not a position I asked to be or want to remain in. I would really like for all this to stop. Yes, alot has been said and feelings have been hurt, possibly because too much of our lives are wrapped up in this board? It's a known fact that if children play in the sandbox too long, they eventually have to argue and fight and they really need to be separated awhile. Being banded means that we regain our lives, so we should be able to pull ourselves out of this 'enmeshment' at least for awhile. This should not be SO important that it rules our emotions to the point of spewing our anger all over EVERYONE. It is becoming an extension of our dysfunctional families of origin. Please.. either take your personal disputes private or keep your harsh statements to yourself. :) :) :(

I've reposted my statement to Becky from her post and I firmly believe SHE and many others absolutely DO NOT deserve to be spoken to in the manner they have.

I really hate the harsh words too. It's very disappointing. Becky, you have done absolutely nothing to deserve being spoken to with such venom. There is absolutely nothing wrong with expressing your disappointment with the goings on of late. My first inclination is to follow you out the door too, but I'm trying really hard to just wish it all away. This is the internet, it is a lapband support board, for Chrissakes, it is not a boxing ring nor a place to force anyone's political or moral views on anyone. It's been made very clear that 'censorship' is not welcome, but why we continue to have this barrage of 'rights' beat over our head is beyond me. Lisa, I love you girl and I love your spunk, but for the life of me, I can't understand why you continue this crusade when it is so plainly fruitless and hurtful to so many others. Is it really worth it? frown.gif

Lisa, I love you girl and I love your spunk, but for the life of me, I can't understand why you continue this crusade when it is so plainly fruitless and hurtful to so many others.

we would see this in a different light if we were the one this happened to.

I hereby vow not to read any more threads, new or old, on the subject of moderators, false identities, rumors, threats, etc. I too like and admire people on both sides of the divide, although I haven't met a single one of you in person! For the record, I have received a few PMs but not a single one threatened me or anyone else. I don't know or care about Bigchix; to be honest, I don't even remember what the posts much less the current pointed fingers were about. I'm cranky and tired and I'm walking away from this mess, but not from LBT or anyone here. Hatfields and McCoys, Yorks and Lancasters -- it never ends well. See you on another thread sometime, I hope.