Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Post from a Michigander

:cursing: Hi Everyone

My name is April and this is my first post to introduce myself. I am looking forward to reading the many posts in this forum. I was recently a finalist in the Trimspa Challenge where I lost 85 lbs. I entered the contest because I wanted to win money, more than lose weight. Since losing the weight (and gaining it all back), I have decided it was nicer being 85 lbs thinner, so I want to lose that weight again, and more.

It was excruciating, however, losing and maintaining the weight loss. Never feeling full was a feeling I could not live with. I am hoping that the lapband will fill in that missing "puzzle piece" for me. How I feel is very important to me. I cannot live feeling "deprived" for an indefinite amount of time. I was willing to eat less and exercise, but I still felt hungry and tired. I hope the lapband will make my brain get the "I'm full" message so I can live my life in peace.

I look forward to learning who the "regulars" are around here, and becoming one myself. I have an appointment on February 21st with my doctor to request the lapband and start the process. I know my insurance covers it, so it's just a matter of going through all the motions.

Nice to meet you all!:mellow:

Hello April,

I am new to website also! I also am going through the test portions before my lapband. Tonight is my sleep Apema test (overnight study) then I will wait one week and get my surgery date. I would like to lose 140 pounds. We can do it - this is it for me I have tried everything. I hope you do well and stick with it through the good days and bad days!

SisC

Hi,

I am also a Michigander and I had my lapband surgery on Nov 20, 2007. As of today I have lost 23lbs and have felt good and do not regret at all having the Lapband. I do understand it is a slow process for weight loss but that's ok by me. Please keep me updated on your process for the lapband.

hi, Michiganders, I'm from Kalamazoo and had lapband on May 31st, 2007 and am doing well, got to get motivated to get back into it though cause I'm on a plateau. good luck

Hi all you Michiganders. I was banded 7-16-07 in Mexico. I live in the SW corner of Livingston County. Any one close by?? Would love to get together and form a small support group.

Hi there and welcome to LBT. I never heard of the trimspa challenge, isn't trimspa a type of weight loss pill?

At any rate, the band will definitely help you by making you full sooner and maintain that full feeling for a much longer period of time.

Hi all

Iam from MI- metro detroit area and going the pre-op process. The testing and all that, but I have gotten approval from the insurance company and the surgeon believes that Iam a good canidate--two hurdles down and more to go. Iam looking forward to starting this journey and thrilled that this is available for support.

Thank you for all your posts!:smile:

Susan: Yes, Trimspa is a weight loss pill. They had a contest. I thought it was about losing weight and getting healthy, but they were only looking for "pretty" people to advertise their product. I lost 85 lbs and they chose a girl who lost only 30 to be the winner. Ridiculous!! Anyway, I am happy to see what you wrote and am looking forward to the lap band.:smile:

Sisterc: My husband has sleep apnea. He uses a machine every night for breathing. I had no idea I might have to take a test for that, but it makes sense! Good luck with your lap band! Oh, and I would ultimately like to lose 105 lbs, but I will still be extremely happy with maintaining a loss of even just 60 or 70. I'm not worried about looking like a movie star---I just really want this burdensome fat out of my way!! I have some more life to live!:crying: We can do it!:thumbup:

Mysie: I don't think I will mind if the process is slow either, just as long as progress gets made on a regular basis. Right now I am stuck and going nowhere.

kirajh: Did I mention I live in Whitmore Lake? So I am somewhere near you, I think. In case others do not know, Whitmore Lake is just outside of Ann Arbor, Michigan. I'm sure most of you know where that is---the home of The University of Michigan.

fayezy: Glad to hear all is going well for you so far. I don't know exactly where I will get my lap band yet (if I jump all my hurdles, that is).

delo: How can a plateau happen? I thought they just tighten up the band if one reaches a pleateau. Of course, I know practically nothing about all of this so far. I'm glad you are here to share your experience!