Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

confused about soup

the best thing to do is ask your doc. "Soup" can mean a variety of things.

Also docs have different opinions. If your on the mushie stage and you have tomaote Soup , that is fine, But if your on mushie stage and you want Loaded Baked potatoe soup , well that's probably up for debate ??

So look at the info your doc gave you ( should have gave u ) and when in doubt ask the doc that is what you pay them for .

Mindy

I eat Soup often. My doc's concern is to NOT eat canned Soups as they are super high in sodium. If I make homemade soups with tons of veggies and meats, she's cool with that. I probably make some sort of soup once a week for dinner.< /p>

I eat Soup often. My doc's concern is to NOT eat canned Soups as they are super high in sodium. If I make homemade soups with tons of veggies and meats, she's cool with that. I probably make some sort of soup once a week for dinner.

only a few weeks post op though .

that's a different story

Mindy

If it weren't for Soup and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury I wouldn't eat anything before 3pm. I'm tight and I haven't been hungry since my last fill two weeks ago. My weight loss is right on track but, I do exercise every day. I try for thirty minutes before work and 45 after the dishes are done. I take my chewable vits twice a day and try to track my Protein.

But everyone is different. If your hungry in between meals then solid Protein might be best for you.

If it weren't for Soup and unjury I wouldn't eat anything before 3pm. I'm tight and I haven't been hungry since my last fill two weeks ago. My weight loss is right on track but, I do exercise every day. I try for thirty minutes before work and 45 after the dishes are done. I take my chewable vits twice a day and try to track my Protein.

But everyone is different. If your hungry in between meals then solid Protein might be best for you.

Ya'll she is still less than 6 week POST OP > she's only on MUSHIES !!!

LMAO ya gotta be careful how you respond when people ask for advice, Some newbies come here because they do not get ANY info from their docs. All it takes is for one person to tell them" go ahead eat that solids" and they will do it ! So please be careful when hading out advice. Not trying to be mean or bitchy . But She is still post op . !

She cant even have solids yet ! Call YOUR DOC And ask him when EVER in doubt !

mindy

But not during the mushie stage! No hard Protein.

If I understand your question, you are wondering about the combination of solids---as in noodles, carrots etc. and the broth as in a liquid, that we are not supposed have together. As in drinking and eating being combined into one food.

It is a good point. The liquid broth, will allow the remainder of your Soup to pass through quicker than if you did not drink the broth part. A possible solution for this current stage would be to blend it---into a thicker cream type of soup---or to add some crackers, so it is not going to flow right through the band. I know the crackers defeat the low cal effort---but it is an option. I have to have crackers in my soup!!!

While it will not hurt you--it will just not allow you to feel full for as long, since the heavier food parts will wash through with the broth.

Kat

thanks everyone- unfortunately i dont feel that I can go to my doc for advice (story for another post) the packet I have says that during this phase i can have Soup (not creamy) I have the canned high sodium variety on the counter (chicken and rice since I have read many have trouble with noodles) mostly I have just been having things like eggs and tuna (allowed in my packet) and pudding or yogurt. the soup was looking delicioso tonight as my heat is not working! And no worries girls, I know better than to eat solids!

(I went out to dinner tonight with people from work and ordered hummus and ate it with a spoon- they were all quite grossed out) No one from work knows I am banded so I guess they just think I am weird!

My favorite mushy stage foods were refried black Beans with low fat sour cream and guacamole, whipped sweet potatoes, ricotta cheese, creamed spinach, egg drop Soup and cream of wheat. I also liked Musselman's brand, no sugar added, applesauce with blueberries and pomegranate. I also poached some tilapia filets in seasoned broth and then mashed it with a fork. That's about what I lived on for two weeks.

refried Beans, Sour Cream , quacamole and melted cheese was my FAVORITE thank GAWD I found the recipe on here. !

Mindy :D:tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2: