Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dropping a shoe size?

Anyone who lost a good amount of weight drop a shoe size? I was always an 11, and then after I had my first DD and my weight climbed I became a 12. Sometimes I can wear a 11W depending on the shoe. I was wondering if maybe I'd go back down to an 11, It's much easier to find 11's than there is to find 12's. Just curious......

That happened to me when I lost 110 pounds a few years ago! I went from an 11W to a 10 or 10W depending on style. Amazing that even your feet shrink. I feel your pain as a bigger-footed gal. I have a hard enough time finding attractive, comfy 11s!

BTW, I've heard of people losing even more than one size after big weight loss.

I've heard of it happening, but I have yet to have it happen for me, I'm still wearing my size 10's. Maybe as I lose more, it'll happen..

At one of my support group meetings (its mandatory at the hospital I am getting the surgery done .. go army regulations /end sarcasm) some of the ladies were talking about loosing 2-3 shoe sizes .. I could not imagine going from a 8 1/2-9 to something smaller ... kind of freaks me out LOL

I have dropped a size and a half, and gone from wide to regular width.

Yes, even our feet get fat. :mad:

LOL, losing 2-3 shoe sizes is kinda funny, and it makes me wonder if my feet would be big enough to keep me from falling on my face!

Actually, though, my feet were this big when I was fairly skinny, so I doubt it'll happen for me. :mad:

So far I have dropped from a 9 to 8 1/2 and gone from a wide to regular width.

I was a shoe size ten, and now I'm a nine. It was dangerous because I was walking out of my loafers, and actually tripped one day. I had to stuff the toes with tissue until I could get a new pair. I guess this summer the old size ten sandals will be going in the Good Will bag too. Bummer, I love my sandals.... OK, I'm over it now. Let the shopping begin! LOL :biggrin:

I've been an 11 for a long time and now my shoes are loose on me! The annoying thing is that most shoes don't come in 10.5 because after 10s, the shoes go up in whole sizes. So my 11s are loose but the 10s are too small! I hope my foot shrinks to the 10 soon!

I hope to lose a shoe size or two...they do NOT make cute shoes in size 11 I'm convinced!!

Oh yes they do! I get my mom shoes all the time. She loves them, I am just that good. I know what days which stores get there newest shipment in and make darned sure I am one of the first in the door. LOL

I don't got no stinking shoe fetish .. whatchu talkin bout???? :wink2::biggrin:

I'm inlove with zappos.com, you can put in the type of shoe you want and the size you are looking for and only the shoes in that size will come up, so you don't have to go through them all. PLUS it's free shipping there and back! Can't beat that!

Depending on shoe style

Gym shoes went from 10-10.5 w to 8.5 regular

Heels went from 11 -10 to 8.5 maybe 9 depends on syle

but im so excited .. there is a shoe store near me called BAKERS and thier shoes run narrow!!! and i went there 2wks ago, asked a girl for a size 9.5 and she came back and said we only have a 8.5 so i figured all try.. and guess what they slipped on no problem... So i walked out of theier with a new pair of sexy 8.5 heels!!!!:smile: