Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The mystery of the band

Yes, definately try tilapia, grilled and seasoned well. It's yummy! Also, grilled Ahi tuna steak tastes just about like red meat to me. I don't think it tastes like fish at all. I also love grilled salmon. My sister told me that she saw a doctor on TV saying that if you eat three oily fishes a week (tilapia, tuna, salmon and haddock were mentioned) that it greatly reduces your stress levels. Guess I'm gonna be CHILLIN'! I've had Hair loss on diets before, and both times it was lack of PROTEIN! As soon as I stepped up the Protein, the hair loss stopped, like immediately, and now my hair is as thick as ever. Remember that fat free dairy products also have good protein (cottage cheese is yummy) and avacados are another source. If you want to know more foods high in protein, try googling "high protein food list." I'm sure you'll find something. Oh, and my nutritionist told me about an unflavored Protein Powder that you can add to almost anything. You can only get it online, as far as I know. It's called "Unjury." I'm on day 13 after banding, no hair loss yet. I don't anticipate having that problem because I love fish so much, but if I do, I'm going straight to my computer to order some.

Alyssa, I'm in and out within a few hours. I almost wish I could stay in the hospital since I don't do well with anesthesia. Oh well, if I can make the 35 min drive home I will be ok.

Oh, and I was thanking my stars that my TOM is right now so it won't be a bother.

Okay so I went for my last pre-op stuff today including a little class. So they brought up Hair loss and said of course it is all different for everyone but there is something they recommended to help called Biotin. It is supposed to be available at Walmart. Might be worth checking into.

Coolcrystal, I got to the point where I hated hate hated tuna, and I ha really hard time eating chicken breast, so I'm kinda always broke, so i go to aldi's an get their canned chicken, it's $1.70 or so a can (great value). I eat it with FF mayo, its got only 4 grams of fat for a whole can (decent size can, takes me 3 meals to eat). I always shred it up really good, and it goes own great. I miss chicken off the bone, but GAWD, if i ever have to smell stinky tuna outta a can again!

Also, I take Biotin, I can't say it has helped me not lose hair, I haven't lost any, but i have horribly thick hair, like I have to brush it with my fingers because it fro's straight out with a brush. Dn't quote me on it, but I think biotin is a Vitamin H!

from wikepidia: Biotin supplements and Hair problems

Biotin supplements are often recommended as a natural product to counteract the problem of Hair loss in both children and adults. There are, however, no studies that show any benefit in any case where the subject is not actually biotin deficient. The signs and symptoms of biotin deficiency include hair loss which progresses in severity to include loss of eye lashes and eye brows in severely deficient subjects. Some shampoos are available that contain biotin, but it is doubtful whether they would have any useful effect, as biotin is not absorbed well through the skin. (it's cheap at Walmart too)

Valvinekk - No, I won't be staying overnight. My surgery is at 8am and then they are kicking me out. LOL.

KJeter - I have some packs of the unjury that my dietician gave me to try. She also suggested Low Carb slimfast and I bought some cans of those and they have 20grams of Protein per shake and hardly any carbs.. So, I'll be drinking some of those. Also, I love the Isopure Clear you get at GNC. there is this apple melon that is SO yummy. It tastes like a jolly rancher! the whole bottle is 40g of Protein and you split it for two meals..

Dancing Belly - I've seen it at Wal Mart, but my Flinstones Complete also has it in there Vitamins as well and my hair has grown about 4 inches or more since I started taking these about 2 months ago. And, my hair never grows...

Vessa - my banded friend makes this really good meal with shredded chicken in FF cream of mushroom Soup and she mashes up a potatoe and poors it over the top.. She can only eat like half, but it's really yummy. I'm sure I'll get sick of tuna too. UGG.

From what I hear about the Hair loss, is, it doesn't start until after the 4th month.. if you can make it past that month without hairloss, your good. lol.