Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking about an East Coast Bash

Kirsten: The shirt idea was just so we could be identified as Bandsters walking in this event. When I just did the LA 5k we actually got shirts from the sponsors. It is entirely up to all the participants if they want shirts or not. We would need to jump on it though and get the design agreed upon and sizes and such SOON.

I am with Alexandra I don't wanna organize a walk I just wanna participate in one. IT is very confusing how it works. I don't understand if we are supposed to organize our own group and then submit to the Walk from Obesity people or what. Maybe I will email that person listed. Then come back and post what I find out. I will do that.

IN the meantime, WHO IS SERIOUS ABOUT WALKING?????????????????

Also, how about a B&B- we could rent out an entire one for the weekend! There's one here at the shore- right by the ferry to NYC.

That sounds really interesting, Kirsten! Where are you?

I just forwarded the info to my Dr. at Hackensack Medical Center. We can all

do the same and hopefully one of them bites. What about Inamed? I bet they

get involved in these types of functions. Let's all keep a look out.

I totally don't want to organize a walk- too much work! But I am sure someone in NYC is. When you get that info, let us know.

I am near Sandy Hook. The b&b is www.grandladybythesea.com A quick check of Expedia sys we could stay in NYC for that. Granted- not as nice, but still, it's Manhattan! They have 6 rooms, but they run about $150/night. The ferry leaves from Highlands and goes to Wall Street and 34th Street. The ferry takes about 45 minutes.

How many of us want to get together that weekend?

I'm with HarleyNana - the only walking I'm interested in doing on that short weekend is possibly shopping... :D

So there will be a group for the more "couch potato" people! Bright - are you going on the walk, or shopping??? :D

Hey, I'm doing both!! Just let me know which outrageously overpriced boutique you'll be in and I'll meet you there. :D

Actually, I'm of two minds about this walk, to be honest. The whole thing seems to be a thinly veiled commercial for bariatric surgery, and I'm not sure I like that idea. Maybe we can do our own 5K, just up Fifth Avenue! It still counts if you stick your head into three stores in every block. :D

Hello?????????? WALK? Why? Are there no cars??????????? HELL NO, I;m not walking anywhere but around Macy's/Bloomingdales/Barneys/Pottery Barn.........I'm definitely up for Alex's version! See ya on the couch Donali with large Cosmopolitans!!!!

Hey Alex, did you get my email re the hotel prices?

I'd love to do both. I like the idea of doing it for bariatric surgery. This is a whole new world for me and I am glad there was info out there for me to find the LAP BAND.

Yah, Bright, I did! Sorry, didn't I respond? Sigh, mommy brain. I can't plan that far ahead (especially considering I don't need a hotel room) but the rates sounded low for that phenomenal hotel. I'm trying to talk hubby into finding an all-night babysitter so we can have a night alone. :D

Oh, and walking in NYC is the ONLY way to get around. Don't let anyone tell you different!

Hey, TAXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to practice, LOL. Oooooh I like the name of all of those stores, personally, I'd prefer a hotel/motel, not that I've ever stayed in a B&B, but I hear they share the same bathroom. Once I disinfect my room, I'm good to go.

Lysol and Nana will travel.

Hey Bright, what was the hotel and what was the prices. I need a hotel room. I am bringing my daughter so we need a double. Prices please. Also, I am up for the walk and then going shopping. I can always shop. LO!L!

Hi Penni,

Glad you'll be doing the walk!! How old is your daughter? Mine is 2. (Also have two boys- 7 and 3). Are you coming from L.A.?!

Depending on how many we have, I think our own Tshirts would be a great idea. So far, though, it looks like just you and me!

Hi, I am not an offical bander yet. I have an appointment with a surgeon on April 19th...very nervous. My primary dr.gave me the go ahead. So now my mind is made up. I am hoping my insurance covers it and I am banded by either the end of May or June. So I will be up to meeting with everyone in Sept. I live in Hackensack NJ which is very close to NY.

I will need lots of support when I get my surgery date, etc....so I expect to be on this site quite a lot.

Take care,

Maria

Just as an update. I sent the Manhattan Marathon people an email asking when we could register individually for the 5K. I got an email back telling me not only that we can do that in May/June on the website but asking if I would be interested in helping organize the Marathon. WOW!! Still thinking about that one. LOL!!!! Needless to say I will register for the walk.

Looking forward to meeting all you'se guys. I gotta start looking at hotels. Bright where are you guys staying? I might just get to there early and hang in NYC for a day or two prior to all us meeting. Just never know with me. LOL!!!