Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Somebody stop me!! I cannot stop eating...m

my first fill is on the 24th of this month and I have little to no restriction or I am not paying attention to my fullness because I cannot stop picking all day!! I had to make Cookies for a play group and I was eating the dough without any thought about it!! I feel like I am out of control - I have lost 25 lbs since surgery and am so happy about that but in my head I keep saying that it is "ok" to gain some back before my fill!!

This is bad, bad, bad!!!

HELP

Yes go back to basics. Keep a water bottle filled with ice cold Water handy at all times. I keep one with me 24/7, it helps. Drink water instead of picking or grazing. Protein first. Protein curbs the appetite. Carbs crave carbs, the more carbs you eat the hungrier you get. it is a vicious cycle. start your day with protein only you will be amazed at how less hungrier you are

No Betty, but the lady sitting in front of me at the banquet won $25,000.00. We had lots of fun and partied way too much for ol people.

Protein first, why didn't I think of that?

Does anybody else have trouble eating Protein? ?? Seems like the only way I can get meat down is when it is mixed with something else. I can't take a bite of chicken, but I can eat chicken salad, or casserole or whatever. Same with other meats. I have tried eating it with a bite of veggie in the same bite, but it still won't go. Sorta ends the whole protein first thing for me.

Connorsmom, I certainly go through a mini-last-supper syndrome every time I have a fill scheduled. It's definitely not just you! You know what works--get yourself Water to drink at all times and stop picking!! But I'll venture to say that even with all your picking you're not really eating enough to do any serious damage. It may feel like that, but think back to pre-banding and compare.

Blossom, yes indeed a lot of bandsters find that meat has to be mixed with something to go down at all if they have good restriction. It's called "food lube" and I guess the trick is to not overdose on high-fat lubrication. You too are not at all alone in this.

Hello folks-- not sure if any of you are on here now but just curious to hear how you are doing now-- 3 years later

I read this and feel the same way -- Protein first is the basic rule everyone forgets

I'm in the same boat with you! My first fill is the 26th. I do have some restriction, but instead of sticking to my 3 meals a day, I just keep eating! This really has to stop.

I am having the same problem. My first fill is on the 20th and I was banded on the 13th of May. Help!!!!!!!!

Does anybody else have trouble eating Protein??? Seems like the only way I can get meat down is when it is mixed with something else. I can't take a bite of chicken, but I can eat chicken salad, or casserole or whatever. Same with other meats. I have tried eating it with a bite of veggie in the same bite, but it still won't go. Sorta ends the whole Protein first thing for me.

How big of bites of chicken are you eating? I cut mine into slivers, not chunks. I chew it up until it's liquid in my mouth, and wait to see how it feels. I can tell if it's stuck. Do you think it's possible that you're making your bites too big?