Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need a swift kick in the...

Thanks Diane! That's the plan, gonna make sure I do!! I actually haven't snacked at all. I have my Protein Shake for breakie, half a cup of whatever my pureed of the day feels like being for lunch and half a cup for dinner. Today's the first day I actually had a tiny cup of apple sauce in the afternoon because I thought I was gonna die LOL. Either than that, no snackages for me!!

I am planning on walking around the hosp at night(I work overnights) and I also do the Dance Dance Revolution on workout mode. I have several exercise DVD's but don't really enjoy any of them....10 mins of walking today! Also do some leg lifts while I am booting my machines at work! I am excited to be doing something with someone who dislikes exercise as much as I do! LOL! Good luck---MOTIVATION!!!:biggrin:

I am planning on walking around the hosp at night(I work overnights) and I also do the Dance Dance Revolution on workout mode. I have several exercise DVD's but don't really enjoy any of them....10 mins of walking today! Also do some leg lifts while I am booting my machines at work! I am excited to be doing something with someone who dislikes exercise as much as I do! LOL! Good luck---MOTIVATION!!!:D

Awesome!

Yes, it is nice to do something within someone who loathes it equally haha.

Feb12 day 1 - 10 minutes - complete

Well the weather here has been freaky, but I took the dog out last night and did a big circle around my neighborhood, 10 blocks. I think I need to buy a pedometer so I can figure out how many steps/distance that was.

Problem is, I woke up ravenous. Weird because I haven't had hunger early in the morning. So, on the way into work picked up 2 eggs over easy, wheat toast, home fries, its the Breakfast special. $1.07.

Got up to my office, threw out the homefries, and ate the eggs and toast. I feel full. The first full feeling I have felt since being banded, and tomorrow I go for an adjustment.

Wow ChrisAnn, I can't believe you are already getting your 2nd fill. So jealous of you right now:tongue_smilie:. But, anyways, good luck tomorrow!!

I don't get my second fill until March 6. That seems like a lifetime away. I really didn't get any restriction from my first fill. So hoping that will speed things along!

Well the weather here has been freaky, but I took the dog out last night and did a big circle around my neighborhood, 10 blocks. I think I need to buy a pedometer so I can figure out how many steps/distance that was.

Problem is, I woke up ravenous. Weird because I haven't had hunger early in the morning. So, on the way into work picked up 2 eggs over easy, wheat toast, home fries, its the Breakfast special. $1.07.

Got up to my office, threw out the homefries, and ate the eggs and toast. I feel full. The first full feeling I have felt since being banded, and tomorrow I go for an adjustment.

OMG Chrisann where do you live? You got Breakfast for $1.07?! Man that'd be like 6 bucks here! :cursing:

Wow ChrisAnn, I can't believe you are already getting your 2nd fill. So jealous of you right now:tongue_smilie:. But, anyways, good luck tomorrow!!

I don't get my second fill until March 6. That seems like a lifetime away. I really didn't get any restriction from my first fill. So hoping that will speed things along!

Second fill until March 6? I don't even get my first one until then so as much as you can be jealous, it could be worse haha.

This is one of the best posts I have read. Thanks so much jacqui, you are an inspiration and I will keep this post so i can re read it everyday. I want so bad to exercise every day and hate it so much right now. You are right..just do it. It's got to be better than where I am right now. Thanks again. Julie

Just do it was my motto in the early days. Just fricking do it. Get on, do the half hour, get it out of the way. I soon discovered its MUCH easier to force yourself to do half an hour on the treadmill than it is to avoid the cheesecake in the fridge all day. Tired or not, busy or not, I just bloody did it. Sooner or later, you get really fit, you start kicking real goals, things you thought you could NEVER do and one magical day, motivation strikes and you're an exerciser. I never have to force myself now, I have to force myself to take REST days!

If you want to be one of the "lost only 60% of excess weight" statistics, then sitting on your behind and not exercising is a pretty sure fire way to become just that. __________________

Jacqui

In Penn Station, its 99 cents plus tax. $2.00 more if you want bacon, sausage or ham. Don't do it everyday, but that is all eggs are worth anyway.

I am going on vacation Feb 29 through March 10, so I think the doctor wants me in and get the fill in so I am still at home 2 weeks after in the event there are complications.

I don't feel restriction 99% of the time so I need it.

Had a lunch meeting today, had Chinese food at the restaurant. I actually felt some restriction so took the food back to the office, but then ate it around 5 pm because I was going to be working late. Just now, had some cut up melon I brought in this morning, and have a few more things to do here before heading home.

Got sauteed beef, scallops and shrimp in oyster sauce with broccoli. It was hard to communicate with the waiter as he barely spoke English so I figured this was safest. Watch the Oyster sauce is worse than something deep fried and I gain 2 pounds tomorrow.:mad:

Hey I wanna join the March Exercise Brigade! I'm not banded yet, but want to get a jump start. In December I tore my gastroc muscle (big muscle in your calf) and couldn't even drive for a month. ACK! So I've been inside for much of the winter. Now we have a lot of snow and ice.

Last week I went to a Diabetes Seminar, and the Exercise Guru came in and showed us how to do a complete light workout in our chairs. Not for those who can't use dumbbells yet. So please can you guys help me stick to this plan? I REALLY want to do it. But can get sidetracked soooooo easily.

Hey! I'd love to be in on the March Challenge too! I'm like Ang, I have not been motivated, I'm five weeks out and it is time. Thanks to everyone for sharing & the "straight" talk. I'll "Just Do It" & quit whinning about it. I'll be happier with myself. Thanks!

Count me in. I don't feel restricted at all, so I know I need challenge myself to exercise everyday. I hate it, but the positive message is JUST DO IT. just do it.....Thanks everyone one for sharing your lives.....ups and downs. this is what helps me. Thanks Julie

Okay Ang....so far since we started this I have been on the Bandwagon! Every day I have done exercise. I did Dance Dance Revolution on workout mode for 1/2 hour and that = 2 miles of jogging (boy was I sweaty!) I have done that for 3 days and one of those days I did it twice! Then at work every night I have been doing leg lifts and walking. How are you keeping up? It has been tough, but I told you I would do it!:cheers2:

Okay Ang....so far since we started this I have been on the Bandwagon! Every day I have done exercise. I did Dance Dance Revolution on workout mode for 1/2 hour and that = 2 miles of jogging (boy was I sweaty!) I have done that for 3 days and one of those days I did it twice! Then at work every night I have been doing leg lifts and walking. How are you keeping up? It has been tough, but I told you I would do it!:wub:

Phowell - You go girl! You're doing great. I searched internet for Dance Dance Revolution.....all that came up was video games. Could you tell us a little about it or website? I think I could start out with something like that if I take it easy on my knees. Also, anyone have ideas on turkey neck exercises? All of the sudden yesterday I saw my chin & neck. :tt2: Loose skin & wrinkles! If it was my tummy or butt, at least I could cover it up with clothes.

I didn't do any exercise yet, as I commited to for Sat & Sun, but I cleaned my equipment, hung a couple incentive pics, plugged in my stereo....the room is ready:unsure:...now I have to work on me!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Carol

Okay Ang....so far since we started this I have been on the Bandwagon! Every day I have done exercise. I did Dance Dance Revolution on workout mode for 1/2 hour and that = 2 miles of jogging (boy was I sweaty!) I have done that for 3 days and one of those days I did it twice! Then at work every night I have been doing leg lifts and walking. How are you keeping up? It has been tough, but I told you I would do it!:wub:

Hey Phowell, great job! I too have been doing as said. Elliptical everyday plus the fun of running around my house packing up boxes (moving). That Dance Dance Revolution sounds like a lot of fun!

Today I didn't do as well. I will get moving tonight on my overnight shift and at least do a little walking, but I have a really bad sinus infection and am not feeling so hot. I had a fill today, though and am doing well with that! Dance Dance Revolution IS a video game. It is a lot of fun to do with kids around and it really keeps you moving! You have a dance mat with four arrows on it and then a song comes on the TV and arrows scroll across the screen and you have to try to step on the same arrow that is on the screen. It is a challenge, but you don't even realize you are working out! My kids love it and I like that it gets them up and moving without knowing it!