Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full Liquid Stage Recipies

okay another mushie recipe....1-2 lbs lean ground beef cooked, add 1 pk onion Soup and then light ricotta, or whatever your favorite Protein packed dairy is.....you can puree if you like.....

i'm also modifying some quiche recipes (pureeing before i bake) and of course no crust....i just despise eggs...but what a great Protein souce...so as with cottage cheese...i'll find a way to get it to work....send any ideas

hey if you're not at mushies yet no worries, post what you've found to be good we all need good ideas

amanda

hey guys,

lets keep all our posts here at least....as we all move forward, it's one stop shopping for support, ideas, inspiration etc.

i have just sorted out now that my postop gas is quieted (shall we say)

that if i'm eating a texture that is not going so well i get pain in my chest presumably from my esophagus...i seem to be prone to spasm there since the obstruction last week...also i got the med Levsin from my doc to help with spasm...not induced by food....My band and esophagus are not liking really cold fluids...so once again here is my favorite new beverage

crystal light peach tea...mixed 1/2 strength...sprinkle with c.l. lemonade, and cinnamon heat and drink this sweet and spiced tea

it goes down easier for me than the normal cold tea

amanda

amanda, i made another post for mushies, and we'll keep this one for liquids...for most of us that is 2 different stages, your recipies are KILLING me!!!!!!!!

I made the best protien shake for dinner last night, and then again for Breakfast.

1 packet protien poweder (choc or van)

1 banana

1 tbsp Peanut Butter

skim milk and ff/sf ice cream 2 scoop

blend until liquid, not thick

OH MY, keeps the hunger away for hours.

This is my last day on full liquids - I start on mushies tomorrow. But I must say that my favorite thing on full liquids has been Campbell's Select Tomato Parmesan Soup. It is the only thing I can happily eat while my husband and sons enjoy the spaghetti I just cooked for them.

I highly recommend it. And, by the way, did I hear that soft scrambled eggs are in the "mushy" category for some of you? My Dr. included cottage cheese, yogurt, cream of wheat, applesauce....but didn't mention eggs, which I love.

Oh yes if blended long enough, a banana and Peanut Butter become unnoticable in a shake. my paperwork says **as long as it goes through a funnel. so last night I took some refried Beans from Taco Bell (Happy Valentine's dinner honey) and added some olive oil and hot sauce blended until liquid, and YUMMO!

Becca, my list has soft scrambled eggs listed as mushy.

These recipes are making me hungry. I am on Clear Liquids plus four 4 ounce servings of Protein Shake until Monday. I am ready to go out and look for Tomato Parm Soup right now just so it will be ready. It sounds yummy. Guess what I am having for lunch on Monday.

I'm not having a problem with the shakes although this morning I am a little nausious. I think I did too much before I drank my shake and may have gotten a little dehydrated, I also have the hiccups, ouch!

A little Tomato Soup sounds wonderful but I don't get that until next monday. I have the boxes of Soup lined up waiting for me.

Hang in there, they say it is worth it.

I had my surgery on tuesday and the gas pains are the worst today. How long did it take for most of you all to lose the gas?

My understanding is that liquids diet for up to 22 days MEANS that is breakast, lunch and dinner is all liquid meals. I also thought you cant drink with your meals. I am going April 1 and I want to have the correct info.