Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel I messed up. Please advise...

I had surgery 02-01. Have ot had any problems keeping anything down. All has gone well except this past Saturday. Did not plan well and was out. I am to be on liquid shakes for 2 weeks after surgery and had 1c. refried Beans and then at home felt bad about myself and fell to a bad habit and had some crackers (wheat thins) well chewed up etc.....It all went down no pain, etc. just full....well next day I hardly had anything since I was full...just 2 shakes with no problems but I notice I was a bit sore on my left side (like stomach). I have a follow up on Friday the 15th. Besides the soreness (and it is not bad) I feel like I am fine. I AM back on track with my shakes and liquids but want to know if anyone else has had this happen? I figure posting on the 200+ to lose board I might get a reply from others who have these same food issues.

Thanks,

Susy:wub:

I had surgery 02-01. Have ot had any problems keeping anything down. All has gone well except this past Saturday. Did not plan well and was out. I am to be on liquid shakes for 2 weeks after surgery and had 1c. refried Beans and then at home felt bad about myself and fell to a bad habit and had some crackers (wheat thins) well chewed up etc.....It all went down no pain, etc. just full....well next day I hardly had anything since I was full...just 2 shakes with no problems but I notice I was a bit sore on my left side (like stomach). I have a follow up on Friday the 15th. Besides the soreness (and it is not bad) I feel like I am fine. I AM back on track with my shakes and liquids but want to know if anyone else has had this happen? I figure posting on the 200+ to lose board I might get a reply from others who have these same food issues.

Thanks,

Susy:wub:

Susy - It doesn't really matter if you are in th 200+ or 100+ gotta lose section we all have issues with food.

The first 2 weeks that you are to be on full liquids is for the stiches around your tummy & the band to heal - You should not have eaten the Beans - you should have ordered Soup - and crackers didn't help - but you all ready know this so I won't beat a dead horse.

Your band is only a tool - this is a lifetime lifestyle change - and it is going to take work on your part to over come your issues with food.

You really need to follow your doctors eating plan if you want to be sucessful at this.

You can do this - it will be harder some days than others - but you can do it - just plan plan plan and be prepared for the bumps in the road - and if you fall down - just get right back up and start doing the work again...

Good Luck to you..

HEy I understand I mess up after post op I had eat a little bit of meat. It was my bad I felt like I messed up and I had something stuck in my throat for a couple of days. You will be alright. If you start throwing up that is when you have a problem. Everyone makes mistakes at least it wasn't a big steak right. You can Beans on your mushie stage. Just wait for your fills I hope I get my fills so for my restriction. Good luck.

Don't feel bad, you didn't develop these bad habits overnight and you're not going to lose them overnight. As long as you're back on track, that's all that matters. Reading everyone's post, I have realized we are our own enemies. We can't keep beating ourselves up. Be proud that you had the courage to get the band in the first place and praise yourself for every GOOD decision you made. Good job on the Protein shakes! The first few weeks are SO hard. I'm just now (almost 2 months post op) feeling normal and happy with the decision I've made.