Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Ohio Get Together - March 8, 2008

hey it was good to meet you all I hope to get to talk to the rest of you who were at the other end of the table next time.I am not sure if I will be able to make it to the next one in March. I got my surgery date today!!!

March 4 is when I will be banded!!! I am so excited and nervous.

I have an apt on tues and will start my liquid diet fun fun

Congrats!!!!!! That's awesome and it's a good excuse to miss the next get together!!!! :-)

Good luck with the pre-op liquid diet!

You know you won't miss them. Really, it's kind of sickening when you get used to eating a cup of food at a time, to see people eat giant plate loads of food because they can.

I've been to a few buffets and I usually walk away pissed at myself for going, because I still try to put down more than I can (which is a fraction of what I ate pre banded) Or pissed because the food tasted mediocre or I ate what I really didn't want because it was there. E.g. Breakfast buffet, where I ate scrambled eggs and a biscuit for $10, when what I really wanted was an egg over easy and a piece of toast. It probably would have cost me less than $3.

Yeah, eating biscuits and toast means it's time for a fill. Tomorrow.

I'm really happy for you. If you have any questions please post here or IM any of us. We'd love to be a resource for you!

Oh My!!! I feel like a FRAUD! You have have gotten the balloon at the last meeting...my sx date is not until March 12th. :-)

I am really happy for you! This is going to be such an amazing summer for us...and by Christmas we will be ready for some smokin' newclothes!

Relax and rest before sx. Good luck on the liquid diet, it is the first step to the rest of your life of feeling great!

Niki

BTW, you nurses, my DD was reading over my shoulder and she squealed when she saw your avatars. That would be Nurse Joy from Pokemon.

She wanted me to go in search of the other characters....

I am so excited for all you spring bandsters. It's a great time to be banded with the weather breaking, naturally you'll want to move more and make those changes from hibernating...Spring=Change and new beginnings all over the world.

You'll do great. And you'll be in new clothes long before X-mas.

Thanks for the support everyone

nurse niki we could be band buddies

banded only a week apart I imagine we will be dealing with alot of the same stuff at the same time

You got it hippy girlie!!! And March 4th is a great day, my DD turns 5! We are doing some extra princess stuff on that day, but I will make sure to be thinking of you, too!

Juli--pokemon...I didn't realize that is where it is from...I just thought she was cute. lol. We really need to get the girls together when we get home from vacation!

I didn't know it was from Pokemon either...I just thought it was cute too. Did everyone see that I changed mine? He's my DC (darling cat)...His name is Poopy! lol

LOL!! My nephew was the Expert at Pokemon - addicted to collecting the cards, he organized them into a binder, could tell you which one had which magical power, which enemies, etc. I would just listen to him and say, "that's nice" and just feel so stupid! Anyway, I'm reaching the stage now where I'm a Great Aunt -- two of my nieces have now had babies of their own and its so fun seeing the baby stages again for things. The rest of them are either in high school, the military or college at this point so all Aunt Kathy can do is buy them gift cards! because I'm clueless what they really want or like at this stage. I used to be the one out there trying to snag the hottest toy for them at Christmas..Cabbage patch dolls, Power Rangers, etc. LOL!!!!

Nurse Niki- don't worry about the balloon - I was just trying to figure out a way to give it away so we went with what we knew that day on who was going to be the next bandster! I'm hoping I'll line right up with you and Hippiegirl for early March to get banded too.

I have added several more sweaters to the pile for our next meeting. They are some of my favorites but they are just swimming on me these days and I've decided that if I want to embrace the changes in my body I must make sure to wear things that fit better.

My one exception is my favorite vintage OSU sweat shirt that I can't part with. It's getting pretty big on me, but it's like a security blanket so I'm still wearing it. :-)

Have any of you had a hard time dealing with the parting of clothing? Wearing smaller sizes? Acknowledging that we don't have to hide behind our clothing anymore?

I'm freaking out about the day when I get to shop in regular sizes and not plus sizes. I got there briefly back in 2002 and I think I was so freaked out that it started me on my re-gaining journey. I don't want that to happen to me this time.

Oh my gosh!!!! I just got the call from Charlene at my surgeon's office that she gave them the info needed and Aetna turned around and immediately approved my surgery this morning! I have to now wait to get a surgery date. She says she gives the approved patients list to the surgeons' to schedule and then I should here something soon!

:(:tt2::wub:;)

YAYYYYY!!!!!!! Oh I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! It's the best feeling isn't it? To know you can finally get some help? I know that's how I felt when I got approved. Now LET'S GET BANDED!!! WOO HOO!

~Carol