Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting from Australia's Prime Minister

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

:glare::thumbup::eek:

John Howard for US President anyone? :w00t:

Yeah, not only is John Howard no longer our prime minister (its Kevin Rudd), but this has been doing the rounds for ages, and its a load of bollocks.

Yeah, I know, no offence taken, just pointed out that its not something that was said or done recently and he's not even our prime minister any more.

I love it! People are so afraid to say how they really feel about anything anymore, that whoever said it would have my vote. I wish someone here would say it. Donna

I doubt very much if little Johnny would have actually said anything like that at all. Just doesn't sound right. I mean he did say all that guff about babies overboard, but this doesn't sound right to me.

Hey, I thought it was good!

Hey, I thought it was very good too! some guy with balls! don't see many of those these days.....:smile:

I think I want to live there! but I promise you, I will adapt darn it!:thumbup:

I love it! People are so afraid to say how they really feel about anything anymore, that whoever said it would have my vote. I wish someone here would say it. Donna

I know it! Just imagine if every leader of every country in the world would say this and stood by this.....hey, we wouldn't have much to argue about, it's a good thing! it baffles me how some immigrants feel that the US, or any other country is not doing enough for them, is not adapting to their different languages, religions, and everything else... I find that very disrespectful and unacceptable... and I'm saying this from an immigrant's point of view...:smile: