Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you get on the scales a lot?

I just read that over-exercising and weighing oneself frequently are common "transferred addictions." One of OPRAH's gastric surgery guests last week had become an alcoholic.

The REALIZE band program includes online support to help with diet, exercise, goal-setting, AND emotions.

Speaking of OPRAH, yesterday's was "Does this CLUTTER make my butt look FAT?" Great show!

I have to admit that since I have been banded I have become obsessed with weighing myself. I was just weighing myself every morning to see how what I ate the day before effected my weight but now I get on the scale everytime I walk by it.

I try to weigh myself once a week, but a lot of the time I end up weighing every morning. Sometimes I weigh myself in the morning to put my mind in the right place to start my day. Once, I thought my scale was broken (it just needed a new battery). I felt more at ease NOT knowing. I try to see my surgeon once a month and I thought I would just weigh once a month there, but that didn't last! So I guess I fluctuate sometimes every morning sometimes once a week. scales ARE EVIL!!!...LOL

I must admit that at first I was addicted to the scale as well. I was getting on it every day. My husband told me he was going to hide it from me. So I have been better and have now been doing it every other day or so. :0

I weigh every day. At my last visit my doctor fussed and me and told me to stop doing that immediately, that once a week was more than enough. I can't stop. I still do it every morning. If if goes up a couple pounds, I eat less that day and exercise harder. That way I feel like I am in control. I know my doctor is going to have a fit. I see him again today.

I weigh myself every day and always have. I can get a little obsessed with the scale! It just seems to keep me on track. I see my surgeon for the first time on Tuesday. I will ask him about it.

Bren

i weigh everday also....Oprah's show was great I filled a trash bag

of crap in my kitchen after her show...Actually started it during..

I just recently tossed my scale out. I found I was stressing myself out pre op trying to lose what my surgeon said. Now that I don't have it and I have to just pay attention to the food I have lost 6 pounds.