Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calcium pills

:smile:Hi Banders.....

You all have been SOOOOO helpful in the past with my questions, I'm hoping you can do the same again!

My doctor wants me to take a Calcium supplement. He gave me a sample of some "Bariatric Advantage" chewable tablets. But------ ewwwww they are gross. Anyone out there take any good tasting Calcium supplements?

Again,

THANKS BANDERS!!!:tongue2:

I buy Viactiv soft chews (there are other brands), in milk chocolate. They taste like a tootsie roll. Great for the bones and a little something sweet. I keep some at work, some in my purse, and some at home. No excuse not to take them and when folks around be are having dessert, I find that an excellent time to have one. LOL These are sold over the counter with the other suppliments.

my nutritionist has me on calcium citrate as opposed to Calcium carbonate for better absorption and I use Citracal Creamy Bites which are fabulous, chocolate, caramel or lemon. They are getting a little difficult to find as most of the pharmacies around me have dropped the line in favor of Viactiv whch is less expensive but I managed to find them on line at cvs.com. They do have Citracal in petite pills but they are still big enough I have to quarter them and I'm too lazy!

I take a chewable wafer Calcium Vitamin that has a cherry flavor. A little too sweet tasting but not bad.

I heard that calcium can "bind"us and we should take magnesium with it. When my bottle runs out, I'll see if that comes together in a chewable.

The most important thing is to get calcium citrate not Carbonate.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I also take the Citracal Creamy Bites. I can't find them in stores around here though, I order them from cvs.com<o:p></o:p>

(I don't recommend Viactiv because it's Carbonate.)<o:p></o:p>

The body doesn't absorb Calcium Carbonate as well as it absorbs Citrate. Carbonate is what's in Tums and that kills the acid in your stomach. You need the acid to break down the Calcium so your body can absorb it. Carbonate causes bad gas in a lot of people too.<o:p></o:p>

Don't take Calcium at the same time as your other vitamins.<o:p></o:p>

I take the berry flavored Tums, they're actually pretty good.

I'm curious, I take Flinstones , the one that has the Calcium in it. Is that a good calcium? I've been taking these for two months and my hair has grown 4 inches and my nails have changed... it's pretty amazing. People make fun of me for taking the Flinstones, but they are yummy and comparing these to Centrum and others, they have the same amount in them. I also saw this liquid "coral" calcium. Anybody know about this stuff?