Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I eating too much?

I am just wondering how much and what you guys are eating for meals. I haven't had a fill yet and I was banded on the 8th. I just feel like I am eating alot. I am only having like 1500 calories a day and am steadily losing about 2lbs a week. I have cut my portions but it still seems like I still get eat. Maybe I am just too used to diets where you can't eat anything or just getting over the liquid diet thing. Any advice would be good.....:confused:HELP!!

I am just wondering how much and what you guys are eating for meals. I haven't had a fill yet and I was banded on the 8th. I just feel like I am eating alot. I am only having like 1500 calories a day and am steadily losing about 2lbs a week. I have cut my portions but it still seems like I still get eat. Maybe I am just too used to diets where you can't eat anything or just getting over the liquid diet thing. Any advice would be good.....:confused:HELP!!

If you are losing you imho you aren't eating too much ... I was able to eat between 1 to 2 cups depending on what I was eating...

If you are consistently losing 2lbs a week, I would sit tight. The average is 1-2 pounds per week so you are fine. :)

I guess I am just paranoid since I don't feel a whole lot of restriction. I am not overeating but I do get full. I just think I should be getting fuller faster. Hopefully that will all change when I get my first fill on the 18th!

I feel the same way, I was banded on the 9th and now I feel very little to no restriction. My first fill isn't until March so I am hoping things don't get out of control. My weight loss seems to continue (athough I think I am retaining Water, it's almost that time of the month!). I am just trying to pay close attention to how I feel when I eat and I am logging everything, just to be sure that things aren't getting out of hand.

Great job so far! Keep it up!

I guess I am just paranoid since I don't feel a whole lot of restriction. I am not overeating but I do get full. I just think I should be getting fuller faster. Hopefully that will all change when I get my first fill on the 18th!

GF 37 lbs in a month - you are doing great :)

This is not a diet but a lifetime lifestyle change

You can eat with the band not everyone gets a fill immediately. There are people in my Doc's office who 6 months out haven't had a fill - just with the band in place they have enought restriction - Restrictions isn't about not about not eating at all - but eating far less than you did before. Between the 2 restriction & eating healthy and exercise the weight will come off...

If you are losing, then you're not eating too much. I lost ALL of my weight on 1500 calories a day or so. There's no "right" amount to eat, well I dont belive so. No need in the world to aim for greater restriction and smaller quantities if you're losing weight. Unless you're REALLY struggling to keep to the 1500.

Man, I am so glad I found this thread. I was freaking out a little too with food intake cause at first i could only have 1/4 c, then 1/2 c and now 3/4 c for dinner. I losing but its slowing down. I get my first fill the 29th of feb. I was second guessing myself like I alsways do and this is my only support besides my doc's office. thansk for your honesty guys...

Sounds like you all have WAY more restriction than me. I'm almost back to eating my normal sized meals again...although I'm making really healthy choices, which I never did before. You all get full around 1/4, 1/2 or even 1 cup of food?!?? I wish I had that sense of fullness. I eat slooooooowww, too. I always have. I think something is really, really wrong with me.

I easily ate almost 2 cups worth of food for dinner yesterday. I felt crappy afterwards, but it just doesn't hit me until about an hour after I walk away from my food. Until that kicks in, I'm pacing around wondering what's wrong with me, I'm trying to find some Jell-o or pudding to finally feel full, or I'm getting a 2nd helping of what I finished 30 minutes ago because my stomach is still growling.

So...none of you are eating too much, but I certainly am. I can't figure it out, and I'm beyond jealous of all your responses. I'm also not losing anything. I'm stuck at the original 13 I lost the first 2 weeks after surgery. I've gained 4 of that back, and I've gained 3 inches overall.

I get my first fill Feb. 18th. It can NOT come soon enough. I'm pissed. I hope I get restriction because I don't feel like my life has changed at all.

Mama Java dont feel too bad... as i have been reading i have come across many people like u and once they have their first fill then they start feeling th restriction...i have even read where it takes some people four and five fills and then BAM the weight starts dropping. so pLEASE dont get discourage your fill is next week so be a little patient. just try your best not to regain your lost weight, maybe start excercising.

i too am feeling very little restriction. I lost 16 lbs within weeks of surgery and now have been holding there. Havent lost anything... and I feel little to no restriction...

I went food shopping today and really paid attention to only have healthy foods, high Protein, low carb stuff in the house so i dont get tempted! by the way sugar free banana fudge pudding cup ROCKS!!!. My daughter is trying to be very helpful as well. she is 15 and in good shape but she is starting to eat healthier as well. tonite was turkey sausage and whole wheat Pasta... i stopped my self with 1 sausage and like 1/2 cup or less of pasta....

I had problems in the beginning cuz my esophagus was spasming and i could not eat hardly anything. now that is cleared up and i feel almost nothing!

I dont go back for 6 week checkup till 3/13 and I am going to ask to get a fill asap... this is very frustrating. My cousin was banded same day and she is having the opposit of my problem any time she tries to eat she feels restriction...

I thought I was eating too much, and then went for my fill on this past Friday and I lost 5 pounds since January 30th. So, I am going to stick to the meals I was on, because apparently, it wasn't too much.