Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just waiting

it has been about 10 days since my paper work was sent to the ins, so I called the dr.office they said they have up to 30 days to get back to me,has anyone heard of this , and why dont they let you know that up front,??????????

Yeah, they do have the 30 days. It is so painfully hard to wait, I know, I am waiting also. And I lost a week because the center faxed my stuff on 1-29, but insurance said on 2-4 that they had not received all the documentation, so I had to make some calls and get it done again. Ins. acknowledged late on 2-4 that they did have everything. But I lost the week before because counting 30 days doesn't begin until ins. has all the documentation. Isn't this fun? I am now just trying to stay busy. Good luck to you and please post as soon as you hear.

I'm waiting too and it's driving me crazy! Since I joined this board all I've read about is how others with my insurance (UHC) have been approved in 3-4 days. My paperwork was submitted on the 29th of January and I didn't find that out until the 4th of Feb. so I have been calling every day asking if it was "still in review status". And all they tell me is "we have 30 days to review it". B.S. Ugh!

At least we're not alone!

Hi Mom, I also have UHC and mine was submitted on January 31, I too have been calling everyday to check to see if the paperwork had arrived and 2 days ago was told they did not have it yet and that when they get it they would have 30 days to review it. Too my surprise this morning when I called, I actually got a rep that wanted to make sure she looked in the right place in my records and I was told that they received my paperwork on January 31 and I asked if they had reviewed it yet and she said yes it has been approved and was just noted yesterday. I got the impression from this rep that they have a specific area to look for pre-certification approval, I would call again and be a little agressive with them. Hope this helps.

I think I will do that! Thanks for the advice. Geez, and I though I was being a little too agressive just by calling every day!

Will let ya'll know when I find out something!

Congratulations Siemers17. Hope everything goes well with your upcoming surgery.

I am impaitently waiting too. I have been waiting since the 31st and my insurance does not even require prior approval, so have no idea why mine is taking so long. One of the ladies who was ther with me got her approval like two days later and is getting her surgery this Saturday. I wish that was me!!!!

it has been about 10 days since my paper work was sent to the ins, so I called the dr.office they said they have up to 30 days to get back to me,has anyone heard of this , and why dont they let you know that up front,??????????

FOUND OUT FRIDAY WAS APPROVED,i AM SO HAPPY,SCARED ,i HAVE HEALTH NET HMO AND MY DR IS DR. OLIAK IN ORANGE CA ,MY FRIST APPT IS 02/19/2008.THANKS SO MUCH...................

Congrats on your approval!!!!!

I work for my surgeon now and I deal with all the insurance companies. UGH!!!! Can you believe I still have hair. haha...

I tell all my patients that it can take up to 30 days but on average I get the answers back w/ in 2 weeks. Some very good ones I get back in 24 to 48 hours.

UHC has an on-line subbmission process and it normally only take them 7 - 10 days to complete the process so I submit all my through the web now. :thumbup:

Good luck to all those waiting!!!!!

FOUND OUT FRIDAY WAS APPROVED,i AM SO HAPPY,SCARED ,i HAVE HEALTH NET HMO AND MY DR IS DR. OLIAK IN ORANGE CA ,MY FRIST APPT IS 02/19/2008.THANKS SO MUCH...................

Congrats, I'm still waiting for my phone call I pray it's this week!

Hello, Congratulations to everyone who has gotten approved ! I'm just starting, just made my doctors appt. Can anyone tell me the requirments that health net has for lap band.

Thanks,

Anne