Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2wks post op - side pain - help!

Hello,

Did anyone else have something like this? Is it something I need to be concerned with?

Since yesterday (worse today) I've had a pain in my left side under below my ribs - the best way to describe it is - you know if you eat or drink something then run that side cramp that you get? it feels like that. I feel it whenever I breathe in and then subsequently at the same time it gives me a small pain at the base of my neck/shoulder on the right side. Is this a gas pain? Do I need to be worried?

I would call my doc and ask but he's away for a week.

Thoughts?

If it's on the port side I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it's on the other side I think it would be worth talking to a nurse about! Good luck!

If it's on the port side I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it's on the other side I think it would be worth talking to a nurse about! Good luck!

It is on the port side actually - but I'm curious to why you would say not to worry about it on that side vs the other? You obviously know something I dont. hehe. Thanks for replying.

I had side pain, especially when I was trying to turn over in bed. It felt like the fat moved first and then the muscle, it hurt like hell. I started to use a heating pad. It eventually went away by 4 weeks.

I would still see if the doctors office has someone you can talk to anyway. My doc was on vacation and I had problems and saw her associate.

I had that sharp pain near my port for a good two weeks post-op. Sometime during week 3, it became barely a dull ache, and now (going on week 4), I don't even feel it. Mt doctor said it was normal, and the muscles were healing, even if the incision looked good, the underlying muscle was still healing. I'll bet you will start feeling a ton better next week!

I was banded 1.23.08 too; I had the exact same pain about 10 days after, almost felt like a pulled muscle. I did call my Dr. and he said the tube to the port goes around the ribs on the left side and more than likely since I had started moving about more, that was what I was feeling.

The pain actually went away the next day or so

hope you feel better soon

Sandy

banded 1.23.08

high/surgery/today/goal

205/177/166/120

I am feeling much better today, actually by yesterday afternoon it seemed to have passed, must have been a gas bubble or something of the sort. I did however, when bending over to unleash my small dog last night, have a VERY painful pinch on the right side that made be stand up right pretty fast, after I stood up the pain was gone so hopefully it was nothing. Note to self - TAKE IT EASIER.

It is on the port side actually - but I'm curious to why you would say not to worry about it on that side vs the other? You obviously know something I dont. hehe. Thanks for replying.

:) The doctor said to me that the muscles look sort of like strings on a guitar... and when they put the port in they stretch the strings out and it takes a couple of months for the strings to come back to their normal place and not to be "twingy" anymore.. my port side hurt or was "twingy" for probubly 5 weeks... Hope you are feeling better!