Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Or Not!!

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR HONEST OPINION FOR THIS QUESTION. I CALLED FOR A FILL TODAY FOR MONDAY. I LOST ABOUT4LBS IN THREE WEEKS. I CAN'T EAT SOME meats. BUT THE WEEKEND I COULDN'T EAT TO MUCH(THAT TIME OF THE MONTH) BUT TODAY I WASN'T TIGHT AT ALL, I HAD VEG. Soup AND WAS STILL HUNGRY. YESTERDAY I ATE ALOT TOO. I JUST DON'T KNOW IF I GET A FILL I MIGHT BE TOOO TIGHT, BUT I ALSO FEEL MYSELF GETTING HUNGRY AGAIN, AND I'M A SLOW LOSER ALREADY. I KNOW I HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION BY MONDAY. BUT I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION. THANKS GUYS, FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ANSWERING THESE CRAZY QUESTIONS!!:lol:

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with you. My first fill was 4 cc's in a 10 cc band. My second fill was one more cc making a total of 5 cc's. This fill put me over the top. It was way too tight. Every time I tried to eat anything that wasn't liquid I got a horrible pain located inbetween my shoulder blades. ( weird I know) Anyhow, I suffered for about three weeks before I made the decision to have the last fill totally removed now leaving me at 4 cc's again. Well, I am no longer in pain when I eat and I do get hungry a little and I stress a little. I would much rather suffer a litttle hunger pain than I the other pain I experienced. So if I were you, I would have the fill and make up your mind as to how agressive you would like it to be. You know, I could have only drank liquids and kept the last fill, but my underlying fear was that if I lost the weight by drinking liquids would I put the weight on once I began eating solids again. This journey is a personal one for all of us and I am glad that I went ahead with the last fill because now I know that 5 cc's are too tight for me. I hope that you also find your happy medium with your journey and you are still losing weight even if it's slow. One step in the right direction is a really great path to be on. Oh, btw, thanks for listening. I know that I am not alone and I love hearing that other people need opinions also. Aren't we the lucky ones? :) Keep up the good work, 28lbs is really great so far!!!!

Get a fill when:

your weight loss halts for at least 2 weeks {give your body time just in case something is hormonal or medication related}

you feel like you eat too much AND can't control what you eat

I went through a while of losing .33 lb a week. I didn't complain or even think I needed a fill ...

afterall weight loss is weight loss

Get a fill when:

your weight loss halts for at least 2 weeks {give your body time just in case something is hormonal or medication related}

you feel like you eat too much AND can't control what you eat

I went through a while of losing .33 lb a week. I didn't complain or even think I needed a fill ...

afterall weight loss is weight loss

IT'S BEEN ONE MONTH,DO YOU THINK THAT IT'S TO SOON FOR A FILL. I THOUGHT EVERYONE GET'S A FILL AROUND THAT TIME?

The only thing that stood out to me in your post was that you had Soup and then was hungry. That is because soup is basically a liquid (just like drinking with your meal). The band is designed to keep you feeling satisfied but that only works if you eat solid dense foods. (especially dense protein) I find if I eat a meal of a chicken breast and vegetables I am not hungry for hours. Don't cancel the fill appointment yet, concentrate for a day or two on eating a lot of dense Protein, a lot of Fiber (refried Beans, vegetables, apples) and keep track of how long you stay full (or satisfied). The goal is to stay full for four to five hours after a meal. Don't snack between meals, don't drink at meals, and follow the other rules for eating with a band and that will give you an idea of whether you need a fill or not. I have trouble going strictly by amount of food. I can eat a lot of salad. I can't eat a lot of chicken. I have to listen to the signals my body is giving me.

I can only tell you my story. I can eat 1/3 to 1/2 cup of food. I have no hunger and am losing. If you a. are eating too much b. are hungry more often and c. not losing you should get a fill. Good luck.