Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not sure if i have put this in the right place but i have to share this cos it was such a victory for me.

my main problem is evening bingeing....prioer to the band i could just eat and eat late at night.

Well last night the need to binge came over me like a wave....so i went to the kitchen and made a sandwich... just cheese slice and cucumber in brown bread...

i got all ready to wolf it down....took the first bite and chewed it slowly and down it went....took the second bite and down it went....then woosh up it came again!!!!!

Lesson learnt i think...

even though i was sick i found myself laughing out loud everytime i thought about it..... i binged on 2 bites of sarnie....what a difference to a couple of months ago hen i would have eaten whatever came to hand and kept on eating

I LOVE THIS BAND!!!!!

love tracey

Night bingeing was my problem too. The band gives me the control I didn't have presurgery to kick that habit, or the band kicks my a$$ if I forget and try to over do it!

Great Thread- I still keep wavering on getting or not while I wait for my insurance to go through. And this is a HUGE reason why I think it will help me. Some nites I just can't get full. Even last nite I ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerrys. I was even feeling pretty sick 2/3 through but for some horrible reason said" COme on you can finish - you need to eat those last bites". Why ? Have no idea.. Hat e it ...yes I do & can't wait to have the band help me through until my mind can sort things out.

Thanks Tracey for sharing.

This is too funny..last night I wanted a piece of pecan pie so I got me a piece and sat at my computer with a glass of milk...one bite ok...second bite....baseball sitting in my throat..so needless to say to the garbage it went and the milk went down the drain....picky little band I tell you!

You guys are "lucky"!!! My band says, "hey megan, what aren't you gonna eat tonight!!!wwoooo hoo..I"m wide open!!!"

I can't wait for my fill in a couple weeks. I never would have thought I'd say I'm jealous of the golf ball and PBing.

The band rules. Literally.

Megan

Kelly- when you had to dispose of the pie, did you feel satisified or no not really?.. This is another area I am afraid of not being satisfied in my mind.

Satisfied didn't matter when I felt the food sitting in my pouch. It is hard to explain how u feel satisfied or full after being banded. I never get the Thanksgiving full anymore and never will since banded peoples food sits in the upper part of the stomach instead of the lower part. Hungry isn't like hungry was before. It is really hard to explain, but I can tell you that I am not starving...I eat when I am hungry and if I try to snack like last night the band tells me NO!! Before I would have ate that piece and then probably had another. Your head wants to eat but you literally can't no matter what. It actually stops you from eating.........NOW THIS IS JUST ME....THE NEXT PERSON COULD BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT...I did just get a fill and I think I am going to "gain" from this fill. Gain by losing!!!! It is one thing that I have done in my life that I don't regret and I have had it for 19 months..normally I am regretting something by now:-) The PB's, not being able to eat what everyone else is eating, the golfball feeling...............I LOVE IT ALL!!!!

its soooo funny the way we all seem to think our bands talk to us....when my mum asked me to explain it i just said its like having a night club as a stomach and and the people are food.< /p>

theres a big beefy doorman standing guard ready to tell ya when the club is full and if ya try to sneak in he will just eject ya quick smart...lol

love tracey

hi illsucceed

i know when i felt like bingeing and it backfired after a couple of bites i did actually feel satisfied.....first real experience of that forever present "head hunger" i had prior to the band.... my head wanted to eat but my body didnt want to know... i still have head hunger but no where near as much as i did before being banded...

love tracey

Isn't it great??? I used to binge at night too, now I just don't think about it much.

I do sometimes struggle with my emotions when I reeeeaaaallly wanted something and I couldn't eat more than a bite or 2. But those feelings never last long. In the beginning I really struggled with throwing food away. It just seemed like such a waste! I am starting to get better at that too.

Well I am having no trouble wolfing down food, I've gained three pounds and hate myself for it. It sucks. I was however a night Cereal eater, and I tried having some corn pops last night and they didn't agree with me. If I eat the cereal dry, I can eat tons of it, but if I try having it with milk, it doesn't work.

Now these stuggles with food are things to REALLY REALLY consider before surgury. One has to think---"Is this REALLY my only option? OR is it that I just need some important decisions to make about my priorities. AM I just to lazy to get off my fat butt and go to the gym or what?" Because now that I have the band, I have lost 13 pounds since 2/16, but I cry every night because I can't eat what I want. I think "Gosh, If only I knew what I knew now, I would have done things differently." So please please consider this as your LAST resort for those who are considering doing this. This process is ONLY for those who have HONESTLY tried EVERYTHING in thier power to lose weight, not for those who just give up easy or are lazy. I realize now that I was just lazy. My gym is just 1 block away. Seriously 1 block away! NOw how laazy is that? But Also consider that fact that Insurance may pay for it to be done, but they won't pay for it to be removed just becasue you change your mind. So I am stuck with it. Unless they consider emotional unstablity a medical problem with the band and consider to approve a reversal. ANyway, that is just my advice to those who are considering getting the band done. I feel it neccesary to prepare a person on how HARD it can be for some. However, as you may see, others obviously love it.

Are you really that upset because you can't eat what you want?? Don't you think in time your dependence on food will lessen? Perhaps you are accustomed to using food as a substitute for other things..

For that "head hunger"...something that has worked in the past for me just being on diets and stuff was instead of reaching for that bag of chips or Cookies I'd pop a lollipop in my mouth...kept my mouth busy for a while....now I realize that a lollipop (tootsie roll lollipops are my favorite) is all sugar....it's still better than a bag of oreos!