Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sure you get tired of these ?????s

Ok, so I just got done with my super-long introduction....and now I figure I will ask you all a few questions that I am sure has been asked a million times.

If you are a self-pay patient:

Did anyone self pay in Ohio? Or anywhere around Ohio..Indy, Mich, Ky, WV?

I read about the guy in Colorado, but if you have to pay for

fills...it maybe better to stick with a more local doc that doesn't

charge an arm and a leg for them. He only charges $15 but it

would be costly to go there very often.

Dr. Curry's fills?

I read on here he will do other surgeons fills-anyone know how

much he charges?

Does anyone give family discounts???

My aunt would like to do this too.

How long does it take to get the ball rolling?

Once I schedule my initial appointment, how long before

I can actually get the surgery? I have two weeks off before

I start my clinicals between the end of march and the first of

April. Could I get it done in that time frame? Would two weeks

off be enough time to recovery and get back into action?

I guess that is is all. I am sure that I will think of more soon...

Thank you very much.

I can't help with any info about your area, but I too was a self pay. Once I arranged the money I made my appointment. My surgery was 2 weeks later. I paid $17,400, but my doctor gives up to 5 fills per year at no additional costs (forever). Its quite reassuring to know that I don't have to worry about where I'll get my next fill.

In regards to time off. I had surgery on thursday and went back to work the following tuesday (1/2 days). I would suggest a full week for recuperation. Good Luck.

I went to Mexico. Tried to go the insurance route, but once I figured out they wouldn't approve it, I made the decision to go to Mexico and the surgery was done two weeks later.:lol:

My first appointment with Dr Curry was Jan 16th. I did the seminar, psych consult, and dr consult in one trip down (2 days). My surgery is Feb 12th. So that's less than a month from when I started.

His price includes fills for a year or 2? I think 2. I'm not sure how much he charges if you weren't banded there, but I remember it being reasonable.

Dr. Curry is charging just under $12,500 for the surgery (total for everything). He is no longer in network (as of January) for most (perhaps all) insurance, hence he's able to reduce the self pay costs. I don't remember how many years of fills are included but if you contact his office, they are absolutley wonderful.

Things more along much more quickly for self pay than for those of us who had to deal with the insurance approval.

Dr. Curry is charging just under $12,500 for the surgery (total for everything). He is no longer in network (as of January) for most (perhaps all) insurance, hence he's able to reduce the self pay costs. I don't remember how many years of fills are included but if you contact his office, they are absolutley wonderful.

Things more along much more quickly for self pay than for those of us who had to deal with the insurance approval.

What makes a doctor in or out of a network? Like you said Dr. Curry was in the network, but isn't as of January. Why? :lol:

Insurance companies negotiate with physicians and facilities for reduced rates. When the rates get too low they will op out.

To give you an example, I had a $7700 bill of which only $1400 was "allowed," (paid by insurance). The doctor cannot bill the patient for the difference because he agreed to accept the $1400 as payment in full for that service.

I can see why many doctors and hospitals are refusing (certain) insurance reimbursement. As I understand, some insurances pay higher rates, Medicare and Medicaid are usually much lower.