Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing?

Well I only have 2 tickets in my Sunday plan, so I can't really offer for you and your brother to join me and my brother as everyone in my section are plan holders, but if you are in NY and Mets are at home, I would be happy to join you. I go to about 45 games a year here and I go to Philly because those tix are easy to get.

I like to visit stadiums too, and will try to make it to Minnesota. Aside from Shea, I have been to Yankee Stadium, Philly, Camden Yards, Wrigley, Jacobs Field, Turner Field, and Devil Rays.

How funny is that in the new stadiums, they are putting in wider seats and we all are going to be thinner by the time these stadiums open? Its going to be very pleasant to have the ability to move around in them instead of being wedged into to them.

Well I only have 2 tickets in my Sunday plan, so I can't really offer for you and your brother to join me and my brother as everyone in my section are plan holders, but if you are in NY and Mets are at home, I would be happy to join you. I go to about 45 games a year here and I go to Philly because those tix are easy to get.

I like to visit stadiums too, and will try to make it to Minnesota. Aside from Shea, I have been to Yankee Stadium, Philly, Camden Yards, Wrigley, Jacobs Field, Turner Field, and Devil Rays.

How funny is that in the new stadiums, they are putting in wider seats and we all are going to be thinner by the time these stadiums open? Its going to be very pleasant to have the ability to move around in them instead of being wedged into to them.

Hey Chrisann,

Giants, Met and Ranger fan here.. I know they don't go together but i have been a Met fan since i was a kid. I have also been to Skydome and Boston. I'm going to Wrigley on 5/26. I have yet to go to Yankee St because I can't bring myself to sit with all the Yankees fans (lol) but i think i will have to go this year. Me and some guys from work have the weekday package.

Let's Go Mets!!!!

Sorry i know this has nothing to do with the lapband

Hey Chrisann,

Giants, Met and Ranger fan here.. I know they don't go together but i have been a Met fan since i was a kid. I have also been to Skydome and Boston. I'm going to Wrigley on 5/26. I have yet to go to Yankee St because I can't bring myself to sit with all the Yankees fans (lol) but i think i will have to go this year. Me and some guys from work have the weekday package.

Let's Go Mets!!!!

Sorry i know this has nothing to do with the lapband

You know, we all have other lives other than having a lapband. I am a Mets, Jets, Rangers fan, but today will be rooting for the Giants. I don't hate them the way I hate the Yankees. I forgot, I have been to the Skydome too. So NYG maybe you can join us when and if we get together for a Mets game:rolleyes2:

Hi Everyone,

I was banded on the 15 and all my glue finally came off in the shower today. So, my incisions look pretty good. I think they will fade fine. I have 3cc in a 10cc band and I can only have 3 small meals so Im not sure I want a fill on the 27th when I am scheduled for my first one. I don't want to be so tight I slime and BP and all the other stuff people talk about when they get too tight. I'll ask my Dr. about it. He said as long as I loose 1-2# a week I don't need a fill and so far so good. I am afraid if I loose too fast, my skin will sag. My pants are loose though and I am happy to say today I had to use the first hooks on my bra, so soon I will go down a size, YEAH!!!:)

I wish I could say I'm doing as well as the rest of you...but I'm not. I'm upset & frustrated and beginning to realize my greatest fear: This band is NOT going to work for me! I just know it. I had the feeling before i ever got banded that i would be the ONE person who gets the band and FAILS MISERABLY. That's me.

I only lost 13 lbs. post-op. I was banded on 01/04. I'm following the rules, sticking to each and every order...and I'm GAINING WEIGHT. I work out, I get in all my fluids...I'M SO INCREDIBLY UPSET.

Now I've gained 4 pounds so I've only really lost 9. My Nutritionist said she did NOT want to see me gain weight before my first fill...which I won't have until 2/18. At this rate, everything will be packed back on before that day and I'll be frowned at. How is it possible for me to be gaining weight?!?! Pre-surgery I would take in an average of 3,500 calories per day, and now I'm down around 1,200. WTF?!?! How can I not lose weight like this? This is killing me. Absolutely killing me.

What is wrong with me? Why is my body STILL betraying me? I sob every day about this. My dumb luck. Something is completely wrong with me. :)

Krista, thats my biggest fear too. Don't be so down on yourself. My husband just went to his consult and the doctor told him to expect and 8 pound loss per month. From what I've been seeing either people start off losing quickly or they are slow starters. Be patient, that skinny girl will show herself soon. Chin up!!!

You might be retaining Water, and sodium might be in your liquids. I have lost 4 pounds since my surgery 12/31 and I just started solid foods today, and had a fill this past Wednesday. Give yourself a break. You are not supposed to worry about losing weight 4-6 weeks after the surgery, its a healing time. Your body is used to the liquid meals. Once you get the fill, then worry. Don't stress yourself out.

You might be retaining Water, and sodium might be in your liquids. I have lost 4 pounds since my surgery 12/31 and I just started solid foods today, and had a fill this past Wednesday. Give yourself a break. You are not supposed to worry about losing weight 4-6 weeks after the surgery, its a healing time. Your body is used to the liquid meals. Once you get the fill, then worry. Don't stress yourself out.

I understand...I'm not worried that I'm not dropping weight like crazy. I know this is not the time for that. I'm worried about the gaining! Not only gaining 4 pounds, but adding 3 inches (1 in neck, 1 in hips, 1 in waist).

If I had done this well in Weight Watchers, I would not be gaining. Anytime I kicked butt like this, the scale showed my success. I just don't understand the reasoning for gaining when my entire relationship with food has changed for the better...and so dramatically! I should not be gaining. There is absolutely no reason for it. Maybe a 1/4 pound or a 1/2 pound here and there...but not 2 pounds last week and then another 2 pounds this week.

Check the sodium levels in your liquids, you could be retaining Water, maybe its your time of the month approaching and you are retaining there too. I would also give a call to my doctor just to be certain as well.

Hi Everyone....I was banded on 1/10, and I am feeling great. Too great..I feel like I don't even have a band! In other words...no restriction yet, b/c I don't get my 1st fill until 6 weeks post-op. I lost 16 pounds 2 weeks after the surgery. Then, since starting soft foods...only down 1 pound in 2 weeks. Very frustrating, b/c I am eating soooo much less than pre-band! I just keep reminding myself that it took 12 years to put on the weight, so I cannot expect to get it off in 12 weeks. Of course, I have that secret fear that I will be one patient of my doctor who fails with the band. After all, I have failed with every other diet.

Anyway...that is my current state...physically I feel great. Mentally, it is a bit of a struggle to stay positive and optimistic. What is especially frustrating, is I am hovering at 200.8 pounds. I am dying to get to "Onederland". C'mon! I am been trying to lose this same pound for a week already!!!! Be gone you last pound in the two's!!!!!

I wish I could say I'm doing as well as the rest of you...but I'm not. I'm upset & frustrated and beginning to realize my greatest fear: This band is NOT going to work for me! I just know it. I had the feeling before i ever got banded that i would be the ONE person who gets the band and FAILS MISERABLY. That's me.

I only lost 13 lbs. post-op. I was banded on 01/04. I'm following the rules, sticking to each and every order...and I'm GAINING WEIGHT. I work out, I get in all my fluids...I'M SO INCREDIBLY UPSET.

Now I've gained 4 pounds so I've only really lost 9. My Nutritionist said she did NOT want to see me gain weight before my first fill...which I won't have until 2/18. At this rate, everything will be packed back on before that day and I'll be frowned at. How is it possible for me to be gaining weight?!?! Pre-surgery I would take in an average of 3,500 calories per day, and now I'm down around 1,200. WTF?!?! How can I not lose weight like this? This is killing me. Absolutely killing me.

What is wrong with me? Why is my body STILL betraying me? I sob every day about this. My dumb luck. Something is completely wrong with me. :)

Don' give up...give yourself and your body to adjust...keep posting and coming back....the more you talk to others the more it helps. I can relate to your frustration. My 3 week out I gained 4 pounds, but after really looking at what I had eaten I realized there was too much sodium and too much fat,,,,,,I was jumping ahead of myself.........be patient with yourself and try not to be too hard on yourself. After my week that I gained I went on a week of Optifast 800 cal/day for that week and when I went back to the doctors I had lost that 4 plus 3 more....I was so disappointed that 3rd week, but I will keep trying to do my best and keep coming back to the forum. The group is really awesome...thanks to everyone for posting and sharing your worries, joys and questions...........Julie

Are you really following the rules? This is a tool, not magic. Are you eating Protein first, exercising 30-40 minutes most days, drinking 64 oz. of Water and NO SNACKING! We have to be honest with ourselves. Nothing will work if we are not honest with ourselves. Only you know for sure. Because I think if we use this tool as we were instructed, it will work. If we try to bend it to what we did to get ourselves fat in the first palce it won't. So really look at the "rules" and follow them. Exercise is as important as food. Hang in there. And before my surgery I asked my Dr. if he thought it would work for me? He said, "do you think ot will work for you?", I think that says it all. Good luck to you in this journey we are all on. Diane