Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in February

Hey Mary Hope your son is feeling better. Oh my gosh, we have so much snow here in Mt. Pleasant.

I wanted to get back to you, if you are ever in the mt. pleasant area again for a conference, please let me know I would love to meet you.

Stay warm this weekend. Congrats on breaking your plateau:thumbup:

I still find that I struggle with nightime eating. I don't know if it is boredom or what but 8 pm rolls around and I want to eat something - even if I am not hungry.

I hear you hazelbunny. I am not sure where you live but I think if you are in a colder climate it makes it so much worse. Also the fact that it gets dark early.

I am driving my husband crazy, we have about 18 inches of snow right now, we have had a ton of snow days so the whole family has been cooped up together. I keep on telling him I have to get out of here, just being in 50 degree weather would be like being in a tropical heat wave at this point.

I drink cup after cup of hot tea during the evening hours, it seems to help a little. Sometimes I eat a hard boiled egg, that will really fill me up fast and hangs with me for awhile.

Anyone have any other suggestions on what to munch/drink in the evening hours to take the boredom edge off?

I finally decided to exercise more as a way to really get that scale moving.. Yesterday i spent 1.5hours at the gym!!! I really didn't want to go at first but was so thrilled that i did go afterwards... A lot more energy...

But ya while i was there i talked to a personal trainer and he said he would get me a good deal if i get some sessions with them... So i decided why not.. I really need to add strength training to my routines and they will show me how to do that... I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!

Jeni,

That is very exciting!!! Good for you!

I'm getting a fill next week. It will be my third since being banded. W00T

Jeni,

That is very exciting!!! Good for you!

I'm getting a fill next week. It will be my third since being banded. W00T

Thanks Juli and good luck with that fill hope it helps you on your way... YOU'VE already done a FABULOUS job!!!!!:thumbup:

I am driving my husband crazy, we have about 18 inches of snow right now, we have had a ton of snow days so the whole family has been cooped up together. I keep on telling him I have to get out of here, just being in 50 degree weather would be like being in a tropical heat wave at this point.

I drink cup after cup of hot tea during the evening hours, it seems to help a little. Sometimes I eat a hard boiled egg, that will really fill me up fast and hangs with me for awhile.

Anyone have any other suggestions on what to munch/drink in the evening hours to take the boredom edge off?

Janine, I totally hear you with the snow driving you crazy. I just moved to Spokane WA this winter, I've always lived near the coast so I am a total wimp about the cold and the snow. I really admire you people in places like Michigan who get snow every year and all kinds of nasty winter weather. We got a lot more snow this year than Spokane usually gets apparently, and it was too much for the snow plows and all to handle so we spent some days cooped up as well. I think last week we got 14 inches one day and another 4 or 5 over the next few days...now it's melting, yuck...I'm such a weenie! :thumbup: I just can't wait for springtime...

I had some scale movement after a long plateau, then gained a couple pounds of it back. But this is what my body has been doing whenever it loses some weight now: I have a long plateau where the weight is EXACTLY the same day after day, down to the 0.1/lb (how is that possible?) Then I finally DROP 3 lbs or so, gain a couple back, and over the next week or so settle back down to that drop level. Then I hang there for a few weeks and repeat the process. It's sort of weird. I guess this is how my body is handling being at this weight--it's the lowest I've been for 15 years! I guess the whole system doesn't really know what to make of it.

Nighttime eating? I think so many of us have that problem. The only things I've found that help are to brush my teeth when I'm done eating for the day, and if I'm going to still be up for a while, drink tea. I know, nothing earth shattering. It doesn't always work, but usually it does. Sometimes I just have to GO TO BED, if I can. Also if I have idle time for some reason (ha!) doing something that involves my hands helps. Sometimes I knit, can't eat when you do that. I used to make glass beads at my torch (can't eat then either) but since I've moved I haven't set up the studio again, and I have schoolwork to do anyway.

I'd really like to get to 180 by my bandiversary...I will try! I lose weight so slowly...but I have about a month to do it, so it's possible. Let's hope!

Ya the snow here in Chicago is driving me crazy as well... i am so beyond done with winter.. and when there is no snow fall, its freezing... Right now it is -17 below with the dang wind chill..

And to top it off a got this dang URI (upper respiratory infection) so im definitely staying in the house.:thumbup:

HI Everyone,

It is so hard to believe a year has nearly come and gone. Life with lap band is not all fun and games, but I am sure I would have been hitting 300 by now at the rate I was going.

I have only had 2 fills and am going for a consult this week. I don't think I need a fill, but I want to check the status of my band. No real concerns other than some PB'ing or gurgling. Usually when work is stressful. I can't say that I eat a lot of meat but there again, my intake is according to my stress level. My band reacts to stress severely. I feel great though!

Congrats to all of us who are succeeding. I am grateful I took a chance and flew to Tjuana and used Dr. Kuri and his team. Great experience for me!!

Good luck to you snow bound folks!! Georgia is having some nice weather :smile2:

I can't really complain about what's been happening over here. I dropped 20lbs over the holidays. Granted, that was because I spent 3 weeks in the hospital, but talk about a great Christmas present to myself, right? hahaha.

There are some things that I spent 8 or 9 months learning, but after the last fill right around 2 or 3 months ago, I FINALLY got my head on straight to tell myself that you can't screw this up. See, I've really never been a fan of candy, fried food, and stuff like, so the diet that told me what NOT to eat was never hard. I just used to eat an ungodly amount and that's what did it. Now, I'm spending a fair amount of time in the gym and just eating what I should and how much I should. It's been a great year, guys.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I spent 3 weeks in the hospital, 12/20 I wrecked my sportbike. There was two skull fractures, a subdural hematoma and a few contusions. There was a little bit of nerve damage in a couple places, but it wasn't too bad. Needless to say, I'm incredibly happy to be alive. :mad:

Neveragain;

we are glad you are alive and well too!

Thats a hell of a way to lose some weight..

You sound like you are doing really well with your Band.

Keep up the good work.

PS.Stay OFF the bike..LOL

Hey there guys!!!

I have a confession, I fried 2 pieces of CatFish Fillets ate them little by little, then I got my horrible self up fried another piece of Catfish and ate most of it....I felt so bad afterwards I know it's time for a fill SOON!!!

I havent had a fill since December and I cant get to the Doc till March 3rd...I suck It seems like I'm loosing control again how do i get back on track??? Im to scared to get on a scale because I dont think the numbers will reflect what I "think" I weigh I NEED HELP!!!!

HELP

Texas,

I right there with ya. I try hard, but with the stress at work right now and the cold, cold weather, it has been rough. I want crap food. I would kill for some Lays classic potatoe chips right now. I also find that I am tight as hell in the am and could eat a cow at night. I know that at supper time I am eating over 2 cups of food. I stop myself there but I am not full. I have a fill on Friday and hope to get the ball rolling again.

I am sitting here at work trying to develop a new programs around outdoor education for kids and their familys and revamping the one that we use here at the aquarium for field trips, and my mind is fried. Not only am I working on these projects, I also have WITOD (Women in the Outdoors) and Relay for Life comming up. Both of these require a lot of hours. Add to that the things my kids do (my dd is starting a cooking club and it looks like it is only going to be at my house), taekowndo (sp) on Mondays and Thursdays with bowling on Fridays, my week is shot. I am not getting home until 8 or 9 at night. And then I am bring work home to do. It really shows at home. My house if a flipping sty!! I don't have plans for this sunday and really want to get it cleaned up. I plan on cracking the whip and get the whole family involved.

Well, enough bitchin', better get back to work.

Take care Marchies.