Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 12/18 And staving!!

Thanks for your reply. I am having second thoughts. I love to eat. I am concerned that I won't be able to do well on the new life style. I have been reading about others who have really had a difficult time. I am psycholgically well, but I sure don't want to give up eating. How difficult will it be to really do this thing? Can you offer any wisdom?

It is wise to focus on your REAL needs here. Why do you NEED the lapband ? Do want to lose weight for LIFE? or do you want a temporary fix so that you can go back and continue to eat the way you have always done?

If I can allay your fears, I'll try.

Preband Breakfast: 2 egg burritos, hash brown, coffee D/D 900 cals

Post band: 1 egg burrito, blk coffee sweetner 300 cals

Lunch: BIg Mac or 1/4 lber with cheese, lrg FRIES, POP = 1100 cals

post band: 1/4lber, w/o bun, No fries, no drink = 250

or I order a Kiddies size burner and eat the bun too = 300 cals

Dinner: Post band: I pick up some 4 ozfish or 3 os. chick grill it, salad w/ dressing and sometimes sweet potatoe or rice 1/4 - 1/2 cup only... VERY full

Eliminate Snacks that are higher than 100 cals per serv. give yourself one of those per day.

PRE banding, I'd snack all night long.

Remember, you tummy will be small, it dosn't say that you can't still enjoy your fav. just that you will eat much less of them!

:thumbup:

Thanks so much for the wisdom and depth of insight you are offering teacher5thgrade and lapbandana. I have been reading things from any sight I can get my hands on. I realize that band slippage can be an issue and the time of "band hell" won't be good as well. I am concerned about those things. However, I am more concerned about being able to stand not being able to eat all I want etc. My 17 year old son said something last night that openerd my eyes. I shared with Him my concerns about missing being able to eat a bunch and wondering if I could put up with all the restrictions. He said, "Think about it, the benefits will make you forget what what you think you will be missing. You will be so happy that you can get around better and feel so much better without all the pain. The benefits will be so great that what you will be giving up will be minor in comparison." I don't think I am at rock bottom. But I do not want to get to that point before I do something. I want to show some wisdom in living. I weigh 344lbs and am suffering with back issues as well as other comorbidities. Maybe I am at rock bottom?? Your thoughts?

Thanks so much for the wisdom and depth of insight you are offering teacher5thgrade and lapbandana. I have been reading things from any sight I can get my hands on. I realize that band slippage can be an issue and the time of "band hell" won't be good as well. I am concerned about those things. However, I am more concerned about being able to stand not being able to eat all I want etc. My 17 year old son said something last night that openerd my eyes. I shared with Him my concerns about missing being able to eat a bunch and wondering if I could put up with all the restrictions. He said, "Think about it, the benefits will make you forget what what you think you will be missing. You will be so happy that you can get around better and feel so much better without all the pain. The benefits will be so great that what you will be giving up will be minor in comparison." I don't think I am at rock bottom. But I do not want to get to that point before I do something. I want to show some wisdom in living. I weigh 344lbs and am suffering with back issues as well as other comorbidities. Maybe I am at rock bottom?? Your thoughts?

Everyone's idea of "rock bottom" is different. When I realized I had passed 300 pounds, it was quite a shock. I didn't own scales, never weighed myself. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, recently had breast cancer, all thought to be obesity-related. I truly felt that I might not live another 10 years if I didn't do something major. Now I look forward to getting on the scales every morning to see the progress I've made. I now have hope for the future--that I'll be able to watch my little granddaughter grow up. I am very glad that I have taken this step. It hasn't been easy during the "lap band hell" time, but it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be either!