Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My new life is about to begin! I got an official surgery date-April 10th

WOO-HOO! I am so excited! I got a call today from the office scheduling me for all the other tests and appointments that are surgery related. So wonderful. I am rather surprised at how many more steps there are to all this. I've been going to that office for over a year now, every month, sometimes more than once-dietician, exercise physiologist, etc. It's neat how they are all just as excited for me as I am! They are like another family to me now! I'm sure there is so much more to learn now that it's all really gonna happen. I'm a little nervous about the liquid/mushie diets. I have quite and appetite, so I'm worried that it will be painful! Ugh!

Well, I just wanted to share my news and make some friends! :biggrin:

Hi Turler, Congratulations. I wish you all the best as you start your new healthier lifestyle. I'm just 10 days out from surgery and have no regrets.

Regards,

Alfie

Thank you both so much. I really am excited! I wish it were sooner, but as they say...good things come to those that wait!

When is your surgery? I am having mine on a Thursday and will be back to work on Monday. I am planning (fingers crossed) not to miss any work or be sick!!! I think the only restriction (no pun intended) will be for lifting.

Isn't it exciting? :rolleyes:

Turler, don't they suggest at least a week off work after surgery? I hope you aren't trying to push yourself to be back before you need to be.

Hi Sunwyse!

I don't know...I talked to my surgeon and he said that as long as I'm on light duty and not doing any lifting, it should be okay. I am pretty honest about my limitations though, and I don't want to push anything...maybe I'll talk to him again and see what he says.

Does your ticker mean wait time until surgery? Why so long?

see dietion on tue please let us know if you have surgery on thurday and go

back on monday:rolleyes:

Hope everything goes well for you. good luck

I'm a little nervous about the liquid/mushie diets. I have quite and appetite, so I'm worried that it will be painful! Ugh!... When is your surgery? I am having mine on a Thursday and will be back to work on Monday.

Hi Turler, big welcome to LBT and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Two comments regarding your earlier posts:

1. I also couldn't imagine, based on my pre-band appetite, that I would be able to handle the liquid and mushie phase, and I can't tell you how pleasant it was to learn how easily my body can be satisfied now that I've been banded. What an empowering experience it is to know that, although I love food and ultimately do need it, I can indeed get by without it just fine for a week! That is an experience that has stayed with me ever since, and I honestly treasure it. While I once thought that my ravenous, insatiable appetite was an inseperable part of whom I am, I have been proven wrong - and I have never been happier about being mistaken.
  2. Although I also was eager to return to work directly after my surgery, I was persuaded to take advantage of the two weeks that were made available to me, and that turns out to have been a very wise choice. Although the actual degree of physical discomfort may have been negligible after the first few days, I was very tired and slept alot; I also enjoyed the opportunity to take small walks at my leisure. Most importantly, I used the time to get used to my new reality - preparing my liquids and mushies, using this site to gain insight and perspective, and getting to know my body, which I had despised and neglected for years, all over again. I wish the same for you.

Welcome again, and best of luck!

Congrades Turler, Just Wondering Why Your Surgery Is Scheduled So Far In Advance?

That was the first available date!!!! I wanted it much sooner, but that was the best they could do.

A lot could change before then too as far as needing more time off. I only am going on what my surgeon said. If he decides I need longer, than I will take longer.

Going Sassy--where are you in the process?