Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ February 2008 Chat

Hello Y'all!

Just a short note to let you know I am still alive! I had the flu from Friday on and I just got home from work. I have to say I feel much better now!

Pat - You look like a young teenager! Wow! I bet your DH can't keep his hands off you now! Amazing how beautiful you look and you still haven't healed all the way!

Sorry I don't have time for personals right now, but I have to get supper started, and finish some chores I didn't get to while I had the flu. Yup they are still waiting for me! lol

Catch you all later!

Hey there girlies!

This is gonna be real short! Just wanted to check in before I head off to bed.

Sherry! You look so good! (and happy!) What is it with these Reiki masters? the're all so cute!!! ( my SIL is a Reiki master and trained in many Holistic therapies.....she's cute too! :rolleyes2:

Pat, OMG! Fab bod! You're healing so well! The bra? Where can I buy that type? I don't think I've ever owned a better fitting bra! I'm gonna wear it out as much as I'm "wearing it out" LOL..... love, love, love the fit! DH likes it too :) Wish I could keep off the scale! I think I just gained back what I lost when I was over-filled :wink2:

...and to everybody: thinkin' of ya'll!

Hope you feel better Betty!

Diane, I thought you were in Mexico?

Sherry, we do need to talk about the Reiki stuff, it sounds so interesting.

The scars are actually looking much better now, I'm using the Mederma and another brand along with it. I was going to put tea tree oil on it, what do you think?

Just getting ready to walk out the door. What a morning! I got up at 4:45 and the police were at the neighbors house. First thing we thought about was we hope nothing happened to their girls. Well, it turns out that someone was breaking in their house. First they went to another house across the street from us and took their garage door opener from their truck. Then they went next door to us and took stuff out of their truck and their garage door opener and started coming in their garage. The gal that lives there yelled at them and they took off. Needless to say I didn't know if they got one out of DH truck or not cause he already left for work. I called and couldn't get a hold of him. I was scared to think while I was in the shower someone could come in our house and really worried to leave to go to work. Finally got a hold of him and they didn't get ours.

So, now I am headed out to work a little better off for knowing someone is not just going to walk in and take what they want.

Oh yeah, they dropped a little box with lights on it and the cops said it was to put up to a window, it crackes the window for them and they just go in the house. Nice to know huh?

Later gals!

Oh Betty---how scary!!!!!! Glad your things appear to be with you still----stay aware though!!!

Pat-----DO NOT use tea tree oil full strength! I have no idea what it would do---BUT...we add it to an entire bottle of nasal saline, but only 3 drops! And the first time we did it, we used a plastic dropper to measure--and it melted the plastic! I can only imagine what it might do to sensitive skin! Now in the saline, it works wonders on DH's sinuses--but it is such a small amount in there! It was recommended by my ENT for him. Be Careful with it though!

Kinsey h

WTH??? Typing away and it posted??? I give up!

I was just going to say, Kinsey had arrived, so I better go get our chocolate milk....she is a girl who likes her routine!!!

TTYL~~

Glad you are safe Betty!

Kat

Yikes Kat, not so sure to use now. My friend swears by it, used it full strength on scabs from fall, no scars. Her dnl burned the tips of her fingers and she used it full strength and never blistered, but to use in your nose....oh my!

Betty, that's so scary, what a way to start the day.

Pat, it very well may be that the dilution is just needed for it to be near the mucus membranes, but it did melt the plastic dropper! I would ask a pharmacist, or someone who might know, and even then if it were me, I would dab some on someplace pretty tender, and yet reachable, like under the upper arm or somewhere, and see how you react before putting it on fresh scars.

I used the mederma and the Walmart equivalent on my thyroid scar I had done in November, and if I use a quick dust of mineral make up over it, it is hardly visible at all! It healed nicely, I was sooooo glad! I did not want a huge scar across my throat!

Let me know what you find out, it is something we keep on hand to make his nasal spray----he uses it twice a day and has not had a single sinus issue since the day he started it! 3 drops of tea tree oil to a bottle of saline nasal spray twice a day 2 squirts each nostril. The ENT said it would keep it moisturized, yet cleaned and lessen infections that he was having one right after the other. It has been over 2 years with no infection now!!! Knocking on my desk (wood)!!

Kat

WOW Pat when I look down at my belly I think..oh well not this year, but then I look at your pics you look fabulous!!

I am having my other leg taken care of on the 15th. Just got the date yesterday. So that's it for a while for me I think.

Sorry no time for personals, just wanted to pop in and say hi! HI

Thanks Diane, I appreciate the compliments :)

Kat, glad to hear the Mederma "works". Thanks for all the info.

You gals are great :tongue:

Hey guys just jumping on for a quick second.

Pat, thanks for the compliment. Just think how I would look with the massive amount of skin removed. (I tuck it into my pants right now)

I could do without the breast lift.....Hubby says the girls still look really good. :confused:

We went bowling with some people from a bike group that we belong to, and had a blast last night. It was nice to have some adult interaction.

Abi went the the doctor yesterday and she has a sinus infection. We are back at the ENT tomorrow.

I went for my allergy test today, good news is, no allergy. Bad news is I still have sinus issues with no real cause. I go for the cat-scan tomorrow. It was supposed to be today, but they had to postpone, the tech was sick today.

I see the doc tomorrow, so we will see what he says.

We got a ton of snow Sunday night, about 6 in. in a matter of a few hours. I shoveled the driveway, steps and walkway, and I didn't get winded at all. Talk about a huge NSV. We are expecting more snow again tonight....ugh! My neighbor is a real estate agent, we were out shoveling at the same time Sunday, and I told her that she had to sell me on staying here in this frozen hell. She just laughed at me, she says we have to stay cuz we are such good neighbors. She's the best.

I also have big news. I ran for the board of directors in my subdivision, and last night I was elected onto the board. It will be a ton of work but worth it, I really do love my community.

I'm off to bed. I'll check in later. ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

Just a short pop in before throwing on my clothes to say hello.

I am a little down this morning, I lost my Uncle yesterday and I just can't get him off my mind.

I haven't had a chance to talk any more with the neighbors to see if they heard any thing about the breakins. I heard every little noise last night though, and jumped at the slightest noise. It certainly woke me up a little.

Gotta run, catch you later.

Betty, so sorry to hear about your uncle. I find it ironic how after someone passes like that, it seems like we often run into someone that makes us think of that person of for a split second you think it IS that person. I guess it's just the subconscience working on us.

I have 6 doors entering my house, it's a ritual every night to make sure they're all locked. Home invasion is always a concen, we live way back off the road down a private lane. When DH goes on golf trips, I keep my cell phone by the bed in case some one cuts my phone lines, LOL.

Betty, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost an uncle recently and it is hard.

Pat, I do the same thing. I sleep with my cell phone too. My hubby works on call, so Abi and I are alone most nights. We are used to it now. ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

Running late again! By the time I read the posts, then I am late and don't get to type much.

Thanks for all the kind words, they mean a lot to me.

I still haven't had a chance to talk to the neighbors but I'll see them this weekend I am sure.

I have a gun in my room, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if someone was coming in on me. I never though we would have to feel this way in this neighborhood, but I guess you aren't really safe these days no matter where you live. At least I have great neighbors and they watch out for everyone. It's a law here in Texas that if they come in your house you can shoot them. I am pretty good with a gun, so I guess as long as I could get to it, I would be fine. My doors are noisey when they get opened, so I would most likely hear something when they came in unless I had the tv on or something.

I am so struggling with my weight! Since the time I had to quit walking, I have been struggling. I keep gaining, then lose a little and gain again. I am at a loss for what to do. Hopefully summer will come early this year and I can start working out in the pool again. I sure need to do something!

Gotta go get dressed and be out the door in 10 minutes!

Later!