Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ February 2008 Chat

Um, Gina, if you are posting pictures in the VA thread, you MUST post them here too. :lol:

I posted it there as inspiration to someone having doubts about doing the lapband!

I promise next time I will post here.

Thanks - Have a good day!

You know folks, I read somewhere on LBT, that someone was banded in October and has lost something like 80+ lbs. so far!!!!!!!! Yikes! I was banded Oct. 31, and I'm nowhere NEAR that:sad: Of course I DO have food issues!!!!!!!!

Later :lol:

Maybe they lost weight before the lapband? Either way - they are my hero!

I want to lose 80 more -- :laugh: Then I will plan a big party. Maybe I better lose 85 then the party for a net of 80 :lol:-- hahaha!

Mua...chatty? Gotta make up for lost time hahahaha. I've been on here answering unanswered posts that I can all day. It's about the only way I've figured out how to help with this moderating thing lol. Keeping me busy anyway while DH watches some "guy shows" on tv. Soup came out great....bread was good too...birds are having a field day on the broiled one hahaah I think they are walking alittle funny it being beer bread lol. OH I think I have a picture of my Petey I can share lol. I'll peek around :lol:

Got Abreva working on the freakn sore, what a pia or in this case, the lip.

Later gals

Pics of the wheels Mandy

I hade a co-worker that use to get cold sores alot and he ate TUM's - he said that made them go away and prevented them.

Just a thought.

Here is my Beta...Fred (son named him hahaha) I've had him for two years now. He always ends up lethargic (spelling?) when I clean his fish bowl lol. I guess all the new oxygen makes him that way hahaha

post-205595-13813136520666_thumb.jpg

Ok since I was in a picture taking mood...here is the tattoo you wanted to see and the stages I went through. Basically it took about 12-14 hours to complete. The sun/moon in the center I did about 5 years ago and that alone took 2.5 hours.

post-205595-13813136521039_thumb.jpg

post-205595-13813136521481_thumb.jpg

zoiks..I even sized the first one and it's big geesh. here is the final tattoo :thumbdown: I had crop stuff out hahaha Don't need to be seeing my granny undies lol

post-205595-13813136521751_thumb.jpg

The beta home looks so clean! He is adorable.

I want a tatoo -- just scared to death of needles!

Even my fills are a challenge -- 1st one took 1-1/2 hours, because of my almost passing out.

Thanks for the Tums info, BUTTTT,. I eat two every night, I keep the large bottle in my nightstand, otherwise my back kills me, but as soon as I pop two, it's gone instantly :thumbdown:.

I will keep that in mind though, because during my TT recovery I didn't really use them, but I'm back on them now. I can sleep on my tummy now, woohoo.

Sherry, I fed my critters today too, I took three bags of chips and old bread down to the pier and threw it overboard, it was so funny, I thought I was going to be chit on for sure, those seagulls come out of nowhere!

Oh yeah, loved the Tattoos, I always wanted a little Casper on my outer thigh, but I was chicken, NOTHING chicken about our Sherry!

I fixed a crock of Soup today, then tonight made a soup run, took containers to my mom, my son, and my grandson. It was good, but hubby said it needed more "soup", so I had a bottle of Bloody Mary mix I bought today, then didn't like my drink, so I poured almost the entire bottle in the soup, hey it's soup now! I had steak I had cut up for kabobs this summer and used the foodsaver to freeze them, well, it sure made the soup delicious :blush:.

OK, I'm outta here.

Gina, get Dr. T to give you that topical cream to spread on before the fills, I use it every time, he also gave me Valium to take, LOL, but I don't use that any more. I only would take 1/2 before I went.

I hate needles too. The last time I gave blood at the Red Cross, I turned too quick and saw the supposedly point of the needle, looked like the end of a dull pencil, I almost threw up.

I eat Tums every night too mainly because the stupid acid wakes me up. No matter what I do, eat when I eat etc..still happens. Hate that...it's not anywhere near as bad as it was since the overfill but, still aggrevating. I can eat way too much right now..but I'm afraid to get another fill. I really need to kick up eating right and moving my ARS to get more weight off so I can get another fill with no trouble. Yea...if it were that easy I wouldn't need a fill right? hahaha

Here is the picture of my car on the lot. I will post some with me in them soon. ~Mandy

post-204409-13813136522441_thumb.jpg

Very cool Mandy~~

I am taking my Dad to Albq. tomorrow for a follow up from his last carotid surgery. Tuesday I am going to get somethings and get them mailed off to Abi----I am enclosing an ad I found today, was not sure if you had seen or not....for a Bracelet.

Sherry, I rather liked your chatty mood!!! I miss keeping in touch with everyone! I loved the pics!!!

Gina, Heidi is beautiful!!!

I did ok today, not nearly as nauseated as yesterday---which is a total relief. I stuck to liquids most of the day----started eating a few goldfish crackers later, and no problem....so we grabbed dinner out, and I just went by Wendy's and had part of a small chili----with no problems, so it was a relief!

They moved my PS consult to this Friday. Is going to be a busy week. Tomorrow I take Dad to Albq. then Wed. I finally get my tooth pulled on out, then Friday with the PS---wooohooo!!!!

Will try to check in tomorrow evening!

Hugs~~

Kat