Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doctors in Western Washington?

I am trying to pick a doctor as well as a hospital to have my surgery. I have had a couple of consults with surgeons and have not felt all that comfortable and am curious if anyone on here has a sugestion for a GREAT doctor in this area.

Any help is much appriciated!

Also - is there a way to check a doctors track record at all?? i feel like it is sort of a crap shoot - which scares me.

Sara in WA

Sara, I live in Ferndale and did lots of research on banding with Seattle area doctors. I decided on Dr. Kirshenbaum of Denver, CO for a few reasons. I found a topic on this forum about him and the patients were raving about him. I did some research and talked to his office and band coordinator and was impressed by his record. He has been doing laproscopic surgeries for decades and has been doing lap bands for a couple of years now. He is a very gentle, kind, patient and caring doctor. Another huge issue for me was his fee - I was self pay and he beat the doctors up here by far. He charges $9950 for everything and that includes 3 months of follow up and fills. He then charges $15 per fill for his patients. Yes it means traveling to Denver.

I had my surgery on 12/5/07 and have been back for 1 fill. I am going again in 10 days for another fill but don't really need it terribly. Just a little tweaking. My experience with him and his staff has been awesome.

by Kelly Clinch. He is a friend of mine (his kids go to my kids' schools) and he did a terrific job. I am a self pay, too. All follow ups and fills are free for first year.

All the nurses in his office have had it done too and they are so happy!

:thumbup:

I had my surgery with Dr. Oh of St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way, he doesn't have the greatest bedside manor, but they are a Bariatric Center of Excellence. I have had great results, and the rest of his staff is very good to work with !

Sara -

My surgery was done by Dr William Neal. He performs surgery in Olympia and Bremerton (where I went), and perhaps Shelton as well. Fills right now are done in Olympia, but they're trying to add a fill site in Bremerton, too.

At least half the staff are banded so you can always talk to someone who has direct experience - besides that, they're very nice.

Dr Neal's office has been certified as a Bariatric Center of Excellence and he's done quite a few surgeries so I was comfortable trusting his expertise. He's very straightforward and kind.

Here's the website: Pacific Surgical There are weekly information sessions, and Dr Neal is one of the docs who will be at the Splash this weekend.

Hope that helps - good luck with your decision!

Hi,

I used Dr. Rob Landerholm in Edmonds and the Pacific sugerical service center. Had the best experience with everyone in the office. Dr. L is very caring and has a great sense of humor to make sure you are at ease. He always answered my questions and didnt feel rushed.

Kathy

Sara,

I will be going with the NW Weight loss surgery center in Everett. Check them out, I think they are great. Yes there is a web side where you can check out doctors and if they have complaints.

Bir

PS Maybe I will see you at NW:thumbup:

Could you please let me know where doc Neal is located at? Thanks
He's in Olympia, but also does surgery in Bremerton and Shelton. I linked his website a couple posts down.