Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has My Band Slipped????

:ohmy:HI GUYS, im a newbie on here found by accident. Please could anyone give me advice?? i was really sick monday evening, i kept vomiting over short period of time. (somthing i ate)Later on in the night i developed a sore throat, it got so bad i felt like i had a golf ball down my throat, which felt worse if i drank a hot drink. I went to see my doctor, Wednesday having not been able to eat tuesday, and was told with all the symtoms, that i have an imflammed gullet. I was glad to know what it was. Its been getting worse, havent been able to eat without wanting to throw up, so only been sipping Water, Hot drinks make it feel terrible. This evening i have a constant pain where the golfball feeling is. in my chest left side if you where looking at me. Now i have got it into my head it could possibly be a band slippage. Im not sure where abouts my band is fitted (if it has slipped where should i feel any pain). I would be so greatful for any advice, im getting so worked up.

PS> i have been given some tablets for the imflammed gullet,that should work pretty quickly but only had one dose out of two that stayed down.

Toni (female 35yrs, banded march 2005)

Hi

wow it really sounds like you are having a rough time of it, Ok dont panic

the band doesnt actually move very much according to my surgeon slippage is when you end up stretching the small pouch created by the band moving it down a bit - its not like it completely slips down.

If I were you for the next few days when you want to eat I would try eating mashies again and just taking it slowly.

I hope that this has helped - but if you are really really worried you should call your surgeon again and ask him to put your mind at ease.

Thanks for that. i was so poorly after i posted. I cant eat a thing at the mo. so as soon as i knew they where open i rang the group i had my banding with. They said i should have the band emptied leave it for a couple of months and the get it refilled. The imflammed gullet, the swelling is probably causing the band to tighten so getting it loosened will help things recover. so im going on Tuesday of next week, i hope time flys :party:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches