Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found the cure to post banding constipation...

EXERCISE!!!!!

I joined a Y on January 3rd and I've been way more regular w/o any benefiber etc... I had a fill on 1/10, so I'm not eating much more...much less in fact...

It must be the exercise...I've been going 4-5 xs a week

Get thee to a recumbent bike....

My longest stretch prior to the Y was 5 days...now it's only two days..and sometimes multiple in one day.... GLORIOUS!

:biggrin:

How's that for TMI?

Rain

You know what .... at this point ... I'll take anything that works!!!!!!!!

I had issues before banding which didn't bother me that I wasn't a "regular" kind of girl. Now being banded it is 10x worse :biggrin:

I also know I do NOT drink enough water!!!!! I'm horrible at it. My skin looks like pooh.

On to the exercising ... thanks Rain!

wombat

Man, exercise is the greatest laxative ever invented - in large part because it makes you drink more Water. When you think of the incredibly long journey that your poo has to travel to work its way out, it's no wonder that a bunch of water and some vigorous shaking and flexing of muscles makes the whole process easier. Add a little more Fiber and you can't fail. FYI - the eliptical trainer is my instrument of choice!

Benefiber is my new best friend! I add one teaspoon to my Water twice a day and what a nice improvement!

Can't taste it at all!

Benefiber is my new best friend! I add one teaspoon to my Water twice a day and what a nice improvement!

Can't taste it at all!

Really? Not even the tiniest bit? I am very sensitive to tastes. I cannot drink tap Water because of the taste. I can't drink filtered water in the Summer in my city because the lakes get low and it tastes funky.

Even worse than the taste is the smell. If I can smell it and it's wonky then it won't go in.

I guess I could mix it with Crystal Lite; that would cover up any little flavor adjustments.

wombat

I put it in my flavored Water, like propel or Special K Protein Water and I don't know it's in there, at all. It can't hurt to try and I am much improved.

Prior to banding, apples, whole wheat bread, nuts and popcorn were my fiber foods of choice, so I had to find something else. The high Protein is a killer!

I use half of the recommended daily dose and feel much better.

That's me exactly, Years ago I was five feet and 1/2 inch, I must have shrunk! LOL

You have a low goal weight, Not low for your (our) height but low in general. I didn't set my goal low because I dont know if I can realistically acheive and more importantly maintain it.

I never weighed less than 128 in my adult life and I was MUCH younger then!

Even my Dr told me 150 or 160 is reasonable and I keep reminding him how short I am. a lot will depend on how tight we are willing to be and how much exercise we'll be willing to do... so for me... 140 is much more realistic and honestly, even that number worries me.

Did you once weigh as low as 120 as an Adult?

My doc thinks the goal is too low as well. They said I should go for 130. I know that I don't want to be skinny or boney looking so if I'm happy at 130 then I will stay there. 120 is just a number that I picked because it was higher on the "normal" range for our height according to the charts.

Last time I saw 120 was when I was 17. I had my tonsils taken out and then gained 50 pounds within a year. My weight has only gone up from there 5-10 pounds a year. I remember getting down to 125 when I was dating my husband and I was wearing a size 7-9.

wombat

I think getting down to 130 is realistic, but staying there...hmmm, not sure FOR ME.

The weight loss charts for both Lap Band and GBP, all show a better weight loss in the beginning weight loss phase and then a gradual incline back up higher and then stabilizing. That's why I'm more worried about maintaining the lower weight than acheiving it.

I do think however that at whatever lowest point we get down to we will bounce up a bit and then stablize, so we might as well aim lower, so when we bounce back, we'll still be lower than if we set a higher goal weight. Did that make sense?

I weighed 128 when I was 18 to 21. I got married. My husband is tall and of course we ate together and I found myself eating what he was eating. If he had a snack, I wanted a snack etc. During the age bracket of 18 to 21, I would go to college dances and in general was more active. Then got pregnant and the weight crept up. After I had the two kids, I did lose weight and got down to about 135, somehow the weight found me again!

I would be perfectly satisfied to stay at 135 to 140. Anything lower would be icing on the cake. Many times, I envy the taller women that look great at 150 - 160.