Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My update

This is great news from both of you. Well done. I'm sure in 3 months you won't know yourselves!!

Congrats on the successes.

Hi all

Three weeks post op and tonight I have returned to playing netball. Even though stretching is a little hard and tender feeling, I played well and didn't have a problem with running. We lost though! :mad2:

I have also lost 11kg as of last saturday. I finish on mushies this week and am looking forward to eating more things.

I am trying to follow the dietician's suggestion for a post-fill and suprisingly I am not feeling the least bit hungry. I am experiencing some difficulties in the morning (early morning) so I have breaky when I get into work at about 7.30am. I am pretty much used to having an Up-and-Go for Breakfast and on the weekends I will have porridge with a banana.

For lunches I have been mixing it up between having tuna/avo/ff mayo and lemon juice (I don't really mush it up much) and thick hearty Soups but with the hot temps in melbourne at the moment Soup is sometimes hard to stomach! Dinners have been mushed up whatever I cook for the family and I am only serving myself between 1/2 and 1 cup of a meal. Despite what I thought, I am doing OK with it.

I have my first fill on April 10th - a little way away right now. I am looking forward to feeling some restriction and I doubt the doc will have trouble finding the port, since it is still sticking out a little and feels like a baby's foot in my midriff area all the time! Does anyone have a port that sticks out a little?

I must admit that from all the research and the reading I did prior to this surgery, I have outdone what I thought I would have done to this point. I know it will become harder, but with the weight loss I have achieved so far, I am really happy. I remember discussing a goal weight with the surgeon, not really attaching myself to a number, but I remember saying I would like to get down to 70kg, and the surgeon told me that he thought I would do better than that. I can see perhaps he might be right, but I need to take stock and try to do this the right way rather than the quickest way!

I have told my workmate about the surgery and it is suprising when someone tells you they know someone who has had the same surgery. (Her friend had to have hers removed due to erosion). The only other is my hubby (and kids) and my best friend. I will discuss it further with people as I feel more comfortable with more people knowing. I don't think I am ready to tell everyone yet.

I am looking forward to buying some clothes that don't hang at the back of the racks or at the front of the racks for the larger ladies! I had a pair of jean shorts that I bought at Christmas altered the other day as they just hung off me in all sorts of ways. After wearing them a few times, they may now be too big again! What a great feeling. I am also looking forward to wearing clothes in my cupboard that I haven't worn for such a long time. I have some great fashionable clothes that are ready and waiting!

Sorry to rant and rave and post such a long post.

I hope everyone is doing well and are feeling good, and good luck for those being banded in the near future!

Kylie

Hi,

That is a good price as I got done at the Wesley Brisbane yesterday. I paid $5750 so far, I will see how much I get back from health insurance. Dr. fees $4500 out of pocket expense that I know about. The bandages are put on as they massage your legs. Best of luck