Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my first fill today

It was pretty quick and they had me drink barium and did an xray to see the restriction. They said it looks great. I have 2.7cc in my 10 cc band. I have to do liquids for two days than one day of mushies. I get to go back in 2-4 weeks for fill #2. So far, so good.

Me too!!! I have 4 cc's in the 10cc band. I can have solid foods starting Super Bowl Sunday!! Go back on February 15th!

I'm getting my first fill on Feb 15th and I'm nervous. I live an hour from the doctor and work 2 1/2 hours from the doctor. I hate to be conservative and cheat myself out of good restriction, but my doc recommended we take it slow so I will be less likely to need an unfill.

Me too!!! I have 4 cc's in the 10cc band. I can have solid foods starting Super Bowl Sunday!! Go back on February 15th!

I am continually amazed at how different every aspect of this surgery is for every person! I have a thread going, if you want to catch up on how I've been doing since the 25th called I'm not doing so well today. I believe that we were banded close to the same date and you have 4 cc's in a 10cc band. I have been having so many problems, yet my doc took 1cc out today and I feel like a new person! (I haven't had any fills yet, there was 2 cc's in the band from surgery) It is so individual! I'm at 6 ft, so I'm not the average size of a woman, so I'm assuming from this experience, that I won't ever have much in my band. Who knows, maybe just the band, with my 1 little cc will do me forever! Wouldn't that be great! Glad everyone is doing well.

Amy

I had my first fill today and I feel pretty good. 1/4 cup of Soup filled me up at dinner and I have been able to drink Water. Other than that I feel great. It was really fast, but I was pretty anxious about it before I went in. I changed my top into a gown (got to leave my pants on--thank goodness) then I went into the room and laid down. The Dr. felt for my port site and they used the x-ray machine to make sure. Then she marked it with a pen, put the needle in (which suprisingly to me, didn't hurt at all) then she drew all the Fluid out and put it + some back in. I now have 3 cc in a 10cc band. I had to drink a little more of the lovely gastroview and they said everything looked great! Nothing to worry about!:party:

I am continually amazed at how different every aspect of this surgery is for every person! I have a thread going, if you want to catch up on how I've been doing since the 25th called I'm not doing so well today. I believe that we were banded close to the same date and you have 4 cc's in a 10cc band. I have been having so many problems, yet my doc took 1cc out today and I feel like a new person! (I haven't had any fills yet, there was 2 cc's in the band from surgery) It is so individual! I'm at 6 ft, so I'm not the average size of a woman, so I'm assuming from this experience, that I won't ever have much in my band. Who knows, maybe just the band, with my 1 little cc will do me forever! Wouldn't that be great! Glad everyone is doing well.

Amy

I am actually feeling a little hungry in the morning since the fill, my doc said that people have difficulties in the morning, so I am probably need a bit more.

I am 5'7", I do feel the restriction, like this morning, had a very well peeled and sectioned grapefruit. It took me nearly 45 minutes to eat and I felt that full feeling pretty strongly.

I am not sure how restricted I am but I fill up fast. I am on mushies today an had an egg this morning. I had about 3-4 oz of shredded chicken for lunch and I am done. I try to stop right when I no longer feel hungry but before I feel full. I ended up stalling how fast I eat by taking a small bite then doing something else, like load the dishwasher. i feel as though I have a lump in the back of my throat that I keep trying to swallow. Its weird. i hope I am doing this right.

Had my first fill today, doing pretty good. They had me drink some Water afterwards and I kinda backed up a little so they took some out. What a catch 22, I wanted to get good restriction but I was afraid it was too much. I hope that I didn't ruin my restriction because I was worried!!

I need a little more in my band I think. I feel like I ate alot over a two hour period tonite, maybe I didn't, but I never felt full, let alone satisfied. Its very weird, so I got on the exercise bike for 20 minutes, and then had a sugar free ice. But still don't have a full or satisfied feeling.

Heck, today is called Fat Tuesday, so maybe my band is giving me a break. I am writing down what I eat to see if I see a trend by the time I go to the doctor on the 15th.

Yeah, I am beginning to think I have very little restriction. Today, though, AF started and I could feel it more. My broccoli felt like it got stuck and I had to take a small sip of tea to swallow. Hurt like a MF. I lost weight quickly during the two day liquid phase after the fill and i have not gained it back since eating solids so that is good, at least.