Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there anyone out there that...?

Is there anyone out there that has had the band for a time yet never PB'd, Slimed or gotten stuck? Just wondering if this happens to every bandster.

ALFIE,

I HAVE HAD THE BAND SINCE OCT. 16, 07 AND HAVE HAD 3 FILLS, I AM AT 2CC WITH A 10CC BAND. I HAVE JUST STARTED FEELING SOME RESTRICTION WITH THE LAST FILL THAT I HAD. I HAVE GOTTEN A PEICE OF DRY PORK STUCK AND I EXPERIENCED ALL OF THE ABOVE THAT YOU ASKED ABOUT. BUT IT DID DISLODGE ITSELF AND I FELT ALOT BETTER!!! LESSON LEARNED REAL QUICK TO CHEW MORE AND NOT EAT DRY PORK:rolleyes2:!

I have a friend who has had the band for OVER a yr and had NEVER PBed and NEVER gotten stuck or slimed.

She had lost over 100lbs.

We have the same doc and according to our doc as long as you follow the rules there is NO REASON To get stuck . And I think he's right ! I have been stuck I have also been had 2 unfills due to being over sensitive to fills. I have been stuck and slimed and pbed due to my own stupidity !

But my friend follows the rules to a T and never done it. Shes my idol ! LOL

HTH

Mindy

Hi Iher and Mindy,

Thanks for the replies. I think I speak for a lot of new bandsters when I say that many are terrified when reading about pbing, sliming etc. Maybe the anticipation of it is worse than the reality but the way it's described is often scary.

I wrote in another post that I hope I have it early on to understand what it's like. On the other end, I'm glad I've read about it so I won't be totally shocked when it does happen.

I'm no stranger to the PB or sliming. The only time it makes me panic is if I'm in public and no empty bathroom in sight. I hate doing it if someone is in the bathroom, or if it hits me instantly (from getting hiccups after eating), and I have to cover my mouth and run to a bathroom.

But as far as the actual PB or slime, it's not fun, but it's not as bad as it seems.

Maybe im not doing something right but for ME a Pb is throwing up ?

It is not different than throwing up was before the band ?

SLIMING ON the other hand is QUITE a different thing its more uncontrolled.

In fact here is a nice little story for ya LOL

Im SO tight right now thanks to my TOM and from this damn sinus drainage from being sick ( gotta love living in Texas) . Well i ate a baked potato e last night and started to get stuck . So i waited a bit, and here it goes started to slime, I got up off the couch to go to the bathroom and coughed I guess at the same time and SLIMED ALL OVER MY FLOOR. ok not really a big deal except my 15 yr old son was sitting at his computer in the living room and the look of DISGUST was HILARIOUS on his face !!!! He looked at me and said " YOUR NASTY " My husband comes wakling in and said " what the hell did you just do " I said " I SLIMED OK " He starts to comment on how nasty I am . SO i got mad and said " After all the damn FARTS, BURPS, PUKE, ASSES Ive changed , PISS IVE SAT IN FROM TOILET SEATS BEING LEFT DOWN AND ALL THE OTHER NASTY SHIT YOU 3 BOYS HAVE DONE OVER THE YRS I BY ACCIDENT SLIME ON THE FLOOR AND IM THE NASTIEST PERSON ON EARTH GO TO HELL ALL OF YOU " lmaolmaolmaolmaolmao.gif

For Gods sake i live with 2 boys and a GROWN one who have ARGUMENT about who's BURP was the GROSSEST and IM NASTY For sliming on the floor ! Give me a BREAK !!

yack.gif on them

how is THAT for a mental image NEWBIES LMAO

Miindy