Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 1/18/08 and so far have been feeling pretty well. I have followed my liquid diet and have not cheated at all. However, since yesterday, after I eat (drink my liquid) I get this bad pain in my abdoman. The only way I can describe it is if there is a belt around my upper abdoman and it's squeezing..getting tighter and tighter. Eventually it will go away but it's effecting my work. If I eat at noon then by 1:00 I will be in pain and have to come home. Anyone else feel this way? I'm starting to get worried.

I just called my surgeon today and I am going in. It is very hard for me to get any liquids down, I'm still on Clear Liquids banded on 25th. It feels like tons of restriction and I am totally bloated! The nurse said that he may have sinched it too tight. Wonder how they will fix that? ANyway, I haven't had fever or anything, just cant stand or sit upright. The only thing that makes the bad, bad feeling go away is to lay down flat on my back. Does anything releve yours?

I just called my surgeon today and I am going in. It is very hard for me to get any liquids down, I'm still on Clear Liquids banded on 25th. It feels like tons of restriction and I am totally bloated! The nurse said that he may have sinched it too tight. Wonder how they will fix that? ANyway, I haven't had fever or anything, just cant stand or sit upright. The only thing that makes the bad, bad feeling go away is to lay down flat on my back. Does anything releve yours?

The only thing that releives my pain is laying down, too. But I have been doing great until yesterday. Let me know what your doc says. Good Luck.

Sound like you are both very tight - make sure you take small sips of Water and small bites - eat slowly and make sure your doctors get back to you

You both are still swollen and this is part of the problem - but I will tell you if something hurts - you can post the question here - but call your doctor first - we are just a bunch of banded people - some nurses are here - but mostly reg people like you - you really don't want medical advice from us who don't hold licenses.:wink2: We love to give it :rolleyes2:- but be safe call your doctors...:cool2:

My best to both of you..

I had my surgery over a year ago and I found that in the beginning you don't notice that you are eating to much or just to fast. Sometimes if you take air down with the food it also causes pain. When I first started intruducing foods back into my body I had to take my time eating. Even if it meant taking an hour to complete something. As I started to loose weight, that is when the band loosen up a bit so that there was no more pain. The first bite can also cause a problem sometimes because I think it is the air that we swallow. Again this is just what I experienced in the beginning.

But how can clear liquids clog anything up? And as far as I know, my doc didn't put anything in the band, I just had surgery 4 days ago? Oh, question on the timeliness of eating......say a popcicle......how long "should" it take to consume a popcicle once you've been banded? Or 8oz of beef broth? I don't think I'm drinking too fast, but you never know....

Every time I sit up, i feel sick, like pressure. It gets pretty sharp and then dissipates, but this happens probably 4-5 times every minute. So, I've been laying down most of the day and my kids' brains are mush, now because they have watched straight TV until their dad came home! Argggggg!

Rakes4321 - i was banded on 1-24 and feel the same way! how can 1/2 cup of pureed sweet potato w/ milk to make it soupy make me feel so crummy? Are we eating too fast? argh!

But how can clear liquids clog anything up? And as far as I know, my doc didn't put anything in the band, I just had surgery 4 days ago? Oh, question on the timeliness of eating......say a popcicle......how long "should" it take to consume a popcicle once you've been banded? Or 8oz of beef broth? I don't think I'm drinking too fast, but you never know....

Every time I sit up, i feel sick, like pressure. It gets pretty sharp and then dissipates, but this happens probably 4-5 times every minute. So, I've been laying down most of the day and my kids' brains are mush, now because they have watched straight TV until their dad came home! Argggggg!

You are swollen and I think the new bands come with a little fill in them. I know my doc said it has some in it when he installed it - I don't keep track so I can't tell you how many cc - Popcicle - 5 minutes - I never timed myself - Soup 15 minutes - small sip... you are healing -

CALL YOUR DOCTOR ...

Have you called your doctor... This is what you need to do...

I too was banded on the 25th. I was getting the sharp pains in my abdomen 1st day out. I find if I can burp it helps, so I am assuming it is gas. It is hard to burp though. Not like before. My biggest problem is not knowing when I am hungry. I start to feel nauseous when I am empty.

I was banded on 12/6/07 and about 4 days later I ended up dehydrated and back in the hospital for fluids. My surgeon starts his patients with some Fluid in the band and when he did my surgery he also repaired a hiatal hernia so I had additional swelling. (So glad it's fixed though..haven't had any acid reflux since the surgery!!) When I was dehydrated, he also removed some of the fluid that he had put in at the time of surgery. It really made a big difference and I felt much better from that day forward. You should definitely still check with your surgeons to see what is going on.

I am off to see him tomorrow! The nurse made an off the cuff remark..."oh, it sounds like he may have sinched it too tight." What does that mean, does that mean that they will have to go back in and loosen it? It definitely feels like i am way restricted, even without drinking. But once I sip something, boy howdy! I know I need Fluid, but it is so uncomfortable to put it down. I'm guessing that they will start an IV tomorrow, for sure. Thanks for all of your input and suggestions. It's good to have you all to bounce things off of, you know, to make sure I'm not crazy!:tongue:

AMy