Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling restriction?

Hi

I have just had my second fill. My first fill was 4.2cc and my 2nd one was 3cc maiking a total of 7.2cc in a 10cc band.

I cant believe what a difference it has made as i now have excellent restriction. I have a few questions about it though.

I cant gulp Water anymore is this ok?

i can sip water and it goes down ok and i can definately feel it moving through my band.

i havent tried food yet as im a bit aprehensive about being sick. whats the best proper solid food for me to try as im not sure?

also it is normal to feel very tight in the am and slightly loser in the pm?

I have more restriction now than when i was 1 day post op. is this normal?

sorry to ask so many questions but until wednesday just gone i didnt even feel as though i had a band and now i dont feel hungry at all and have to remind myself to drink some broth etc.

Also how long is it generally b4 the fill starts to slacken a little.?

sorry again for asking so many questions in one post.

love tracey

Hi Ladiebird,

Everything you say sounds perfectly normal indeed. When I had my last fill I was surprised to discover I couldn't chug Water the way I'd always been able to, either. Small swallows is the way to go.

As for food, anything at all is fine but remember to take it slow and chew, chew, chew!! It will take a while for you to get used to this. If you're really too tight you'll know it because you won't be able to keep anything down. Whether your fill will lessen or not only time will tell--for me it only does so after a loss of 20 or so pounds.

Good luck!!

Give it a couple of days. How much Water can you sip? When I was overfilled I could only take a couple of sips and I was done. Are you uncomfortable or hiccupping? I had a .5 cc unfill and now I am back to gulping water, but I am eating less than I was before I had the overfill. Does that make sense, LOL!!! I lost 14 pounds with my overfill and it still didn't loosen up.

hi alex

i think the fact that i can feel restriction now just made me a bit wary as i had a 4.2cc fill first time round and thought that the little bit of restriction it gave me is what the band was all about.

to be honest i was a bit disapointed. But thats my own fault for comparing my fill to others on here.

Hi blossom

i can drink everything comfortably but no gulping. i can feel the Fluid moving through the band which is quite reassuring in a strange way. What size is your band blossom cos i cant remember if it was a 4 or a 10cc?

I tried a small amount of chicken breast with mashed carrott last night and it went down ok... But i was amazed at how little i ate and how full it made me feel. I dished it up on a side plate and still couldnt eat it all.

im beginning to like this bandland...lol

love tracey

Definately miss gulping.

Gulping juice and chocolate milk was my favorite thing to do... daily, all day.

This sipping is not fun....

Even though I am not hungry, I still feel a desire to GULP and quench my "thirst"

I averaged a gallon of milk and juice consumption a day.

On Jan. 2nd I had to start a low carb diet and lose weight beofre my lapband on Feb. 14th... so I dropped the juice and milk at that time.. got some practice in NOT drinking so much..

Sometimes I fill my entire mouth with grape juice and then spit it out..

That way it kinda fullfills that craving to fill your mouth and taste buds with the sweetness I have been addicted to for a very long time.

I guess I better start saving the money for my first fill ( I have to fly to Mexico and all that) I am on SSI and poor..

I am at 11 days and drink about 6 cups of fluids a day consisting of grape juice and milk and watered down tomatoe Soup. I have no bad effects from it.

I think thats too much.

I want them to make my band tight. I dont want to have a lot of fills!

I have more restriction now than when i was 1 day post op. is this normal?

Tracy,

I gained restriction a few weeks after both of my fills (4 to 6 weeks later).

And it has taken about 8 weeks for me to chug Water again... something I am very happy about. But I must take a couple of sips first to make sure my stoma is open before I start downing the Water. Also, I keep my water at room temp. which makes it easier for me to chug. When it was refrigerated (cold) I had to take it slower.

also it is normal to feel very tight in the am and slightly loser in the pm?

Definately!

Thats VERY normal. And remember, other things in our enviroments can aid in restricion... like PMS, stress, nervousness.

Good luck on this new level of restriciton. Let the losing begin!!!!

Tracey, sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this thread! Wow, sounds like you found the sweet spot!!!! Lucky, lucky, lucky! I have a 4cc band. I have gained 4 pounds since my unfill a week ago. I think he took too much out! Good luck to you!!!

I sure hope my doctor finds my sweet spot tomorrow, there's such a fine line, but all the difference in the world between being full and not hungry. I can easily be full and still hungry. My biggest down fall is not chewing enough, even now as I know I need a fill I will not chew enough, then here it comes....the slime!

blossom...sorry to hear ya restriction got mucked up...now ive got it i dont want it to disappear as i am losing weight again.. i was also putting on and taking off the same 2 pounds for weeks which was a bit disheartening and i thought i was gonna be a band failure...but now ive had a good fill i dont feel like a failure waiting to happen i feel like im finally on a journey to shed the flab.

Hey pat how ya doing...your loss is looking good...do you know what even though i am tight i havent slimed once.. have pb a couple of times but no slime.... sounds like seriously nasty stuff so im glad i havent had the pleasure of it....

i used to compare my weight loss to yours as we were banded the same day. i was always way behind you as far as weight loss went. now i know just how differently this band works for each of us and i dont compare anymore.... im happy to make my own journey...does that make sense or am i waffling lol...

love tracey

Hey, Tracey! I'm sure glad to hear you finally got good restriction. I know you were feeling discouraged for a while. Hope those pounds just melt away!!!!