Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated and disappointed

Hi all.

This is my first time actually posting even though I have visited the site many times for encouragement. I am coming up on my one year anniversary and have only lost 31 lbs. I began my journey at 248 lbs on Feb 22, 2007. It was very slow to begin with. I have the "large" 10 cc band and it took quite a while to actually feel some restriction. Then at one point I went from feeling restirction to nothing, right after getting a band fill. I don't think I will ever quite understand the human body :tongue:. I am now at point where I feel restriction but the weight is not coming off. I am over the 10cc mark which my doctor says is okay for this band, but why isn't the weight coming off? I do not PB often..is this normal? My cousin who has lost 100lbs in two years says she PB's at least 3 times week. Should I compare myself?

I even started consistently at the gym once a week ( I know it's not much but I figured I had to start somewhere). I am desprately seeking the 199 mark. That will be a monumetus occasion! I guess I am frustrated because I spoke to a friend last week who had surgery a few weeks after me and she has already lost 50 lbs, and is under the 200 mark.

I really want the band to work to it's full potential. I hate to think that I went through surgery and still weigh over 200 lbs. It is sooooo disappointing.:eek:

You do not want to PB like that.

I really believe exercise is key in getting the weight off. Eating better can only do so much, exercise is the real way to go to get the weight off. I know when I am working out regularly (at least 5 times a week an hour per day) I lose, when I don't work out I stay the same. Have you tried counting your calories or talking to a dietitian also? Sometime we eat much more than we realize. Good luck to you.

How are you at following a diet plan are you eating to much??It is hard but try not to compare yourself it will make you upset.

Hi,

I had my surgery done Feb 15th, 2007, I have lost 98 pounds, its been very hard, but we have chosen the hard way not the by-pass. You must chew very slowly and take 30 minutes to finish a meal. I notice that I would eat soft or mushy food that was higher in calories, once I started eating food like protien then salad or veggies I got full sooner and started lossing weight again. You must eat protien first, then fats, then vegetables and fruits, skip the carbs. I attend a class threw my doctors, once a week for almost a year, it has help me understand my I eat when not hungry, other difficult things arise. It has really open my eyes and made me think when I go to eat or when I'm eating. Most import you must drink at least 64 oz of Water a day, ad crystal light to the water it helps get it down. I have not started as of yet to exercise, I need to, I don't know what I'm waiting for. My goal is to weigh 150 pounds, I no it now needs to come from me, I have the tool to my my band work, but now I need to do my part also. You'll make, set a goal and try to reach for it everyday.