Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications after my first fill

I had my Lap Band surgery Nov 28th. Jan 10th I had my first 2oz fill. Jan 14th I was rushed to the emergency room due to having seizures. Jan 16th I had the fill taken out. As of today I am taking medication to give me some relief between the times I have a seizure and am under going test. My blood work is fine, my urine test was fine and also the CAT Scan was fine. I just had a 11 hour EEG and a EchoCardioGram. The Dr that put in my fill does not feel like the fill had anything to do with what I am experiencing. Has anyone experienced anything like this with their fill?

The Dr that did my surgery did not at the time do the fills. After my surgery his techs. did get trained to do them so they are new at this. At the time of my fill the tech could not locate the port and stuck me about 4 times. He had to use a longer needle in order to reach the port. If the test shows no seizure activity in my brain I am just wondering if there could have been any nerve damage in the fill process. It was very uncomfortable, not painful, but it felt very strange like you would think a balloon being twisted to make 2 pieces.

Any information you can share will be appreciated.

Thanks

Maranda

I have never heard of anything like this ever. I'm obviously not a doctor, but IMHO, this had nothing to do with your fill or even your band.

I hope you find out soon what the problem is and feel better!!

it would be very unusual for your seizure to be from the fill since by definition seizures come from the brain- that is why they did that EEG on you. Some medications can lower your seizure threshold. I wish you luck!

It was now determined that I am not having seizures. But I am still having the neck spasms. My Dr is checking if possible my body is rejecting the lap band .

Hello everyone, I know it has been along time. The doctors never found out what was causing my seizure like episodes but after 8 long months and after going to many doctors and being hospitalize twice a doctor in New Orleans LA found that I was having internal muscle spasms. They got so bad that I could not lift my head off my shoulder. I was put in ICU and given a 16 hour Valium drip so it would break the cycle of the spasms. It worked. I felt wonderful other than vomitting and dirreha. After 3 weeks and going to the hospital again they found my gallbladder was not functioning. I just got my stitches out this week. Pray for me that nothing else happens please. Oh I dont know if I told you but I had to have the Lap Band removed April 9th. I have lost 27lbs on my on since the spasm have been stopped. I hope this happens to no one else.