Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Realize vs. Inamed

I was thinking about this thread yesterday when I was buying shoes. There was a big display of belts at the store and I noticed something about them ... they were all STRAIGHT! Not a "pre-curved" belt among them.

Oh noes, when I put them around my round waist, they will crease and form a triangle!! Except not. :blushing:

I was thinking about this thread yesterday when I was buying shoes. There was a big display of belts at the store and I noticed something about them ... they were all STRAIGHT! Not a "pre-curved" belt among them.

Oh noes, when I put them around my round waist, they will crease and form a triangle!! Except not. :drool:

But...

It's not the belt that would crease. If you put a plastic liner along the inside of the belt, put it around something that is not round, put pressure inside the plastic bubble liner pushing against your body, it could easily crease.

But really, who cares? What does it matter if it has a little crease in there or not? It does not cause erosion in Inamed, why would these same creases only cause erosion in J&J bands? This makes no sense.

Maybe I missed it (could be) but I've asked Isuza to provide proof this causes erosion in J&J and not Inamed and yet... nothing.

Maybe I am just out of it--but since when did patients tell docs which tools to use? As a nurse who has worked in OR's--I don't recall that ever happening. My husband is a mechanic--people don't tell him which tool to use-they just want their car fixed. I didn't care which band my doc used(as long as it was a good product--don't put a rubber band on there!)--I wanted him to use the band that HE was most comfortable using and that in HIS experience had the best results.

I disagree. This "tool" is going to be in your body and if you feel more comfortable with one than the other you should have the decision. If you see a surgeon who only uses the Lap Band, and you want Realize, then I say choose another reputable surgeon. Now, telling the surgeon not to use a Trocar, thatn would be ridiculous, as that is a tool. JMHO

PS. FYI...I spoke to a mechanic today b/c I need my Lincoln fixed (my cousin hit me in my driveway while I wasn't even driving). I made sure that he used authentic Lincoln parts; because if I didn't like his fake "tools" I wouldn't go to him.

I have the realize band so far I have 5cc and still can eat alot. Has anyone else have this problem. I had to stop eating certain foods because of getting sick. But I have only lost 30 lbs since March.

I have the realize band so far I have 5cc and still can eat alot. Has anyone else have this problem. I had to stop eating certain foods because of getting sick. But I have only lost 30 lbs since March.

The bigger bands out now are hard to find your sweet spot. Takes many fills. If 5cc isn't enough then go get another fill.