Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sabotaging all the good work

I've just finished a 2 type chocolate cake - it was 1800 calories (so Chris told me after i'd eaten it - I didn't care)... y'no the best of it? I don't even particularly like sweeties !...

For my T for the last 3 nights running i've had chinese curry sauce with prawn crackers (partly coz of the taste - mostly coz I knew it'd go through easy).. I've eaten crisps all week too..

I'm so fed up with myself ! Whats wrong with me??? It's almost like the more people tell me that "i've done so well" the more I want to go eat summat !!!

As a result of eating crap all week my weight has gone up by 3 pounds - not really a proplem - no big deal - but still a gain.. makes me wonder.. why am I doing this AGAIN?

This is how easy it is to pile the pounds back on without this surgery. No wonder I gained more than I lost over the years of dieting.

My restriction is as tight as I can have it - infact it's just right... it's ME thats the problem !!

Hormones? who knows... feeling sorry for myself?? DEFINATELY !! lol...

I'm sitting here swigging at nice cold Water "trying" to stop myself going into the fridge to eat anything that i'm not supposed to.. It's not working... so I thought... type & say how I feel... I've just read it & thought.... what a lot off old toss !!!

Don't ya just hate these types of posts??? The ones where we know the poster knows the answer too - but just can't see it for themselves?

och I don't know.... hit submit before I change me mind !

Aud x

Audrey, I know what you mean! I'm doing the same thing. I think it's this cold, rainy weather. You're cooped up, bored, restless, so it's easy to go back to our old prebanded habits....comfort foods. But Spring is just around the corner!

You have done such an amazing job! I know that you'll get back on track. (Then you can tell me the secrets. LOL)

Hi Audrey,

I know you know the answer cause I do too! Give yourself a break. Sometimes you need a couple of bad food choice days cause it seems when you have a lot of weight to lose that it is never ending. Two weeks ago, I weighed 10 pounds more than I do now. I was eating a bunch of crap and put on 5 pounds and had to lose that in addition to the 5 more I lost. I find now if I deviate even a little bit from my 1000 calorie a day plan, i dont lose. And its really easy to put the weight back on even with the band. I still have a lot of work to do myself about feeling guilty when I have a treat or go off the wagon for a while.

Babs in TX

334/180

New goal: 170

No, I don't hate these kinds of posts. I think that's what we're here for! You speak of sabotage. Only you can answer this, but do you think there is something frightening to you about getting even closer to your goal? Does it have some symbolism for you?

You also speak of feeling sorry for yourself. Do you mean you're feeling sorry for yourself about something and therefor eating? Or are you feeling sorry for yourself because you've "fallen off the wagon?"

What can you do about it? Well, you could journal and see if that helps you answer the question for yourself. You could go to therapy. Or you could just take the behavioral approach and write down everything you put in your mouth, which tends to keep one from eating as much as one would otherwise.

I'm having the same problem myself, but in my case I know it's emotional eating.

Nancy

Boy Lisa, you are really lucky that the weather don't affect your eating. When the weather is cold or rainy, I get so bored that all I want to do is eat. I probably open the fridge 100 times. When it is pretty, I feel good and peppy, and I am busy doing other things. The weather plays a big part in my life! Any time the sun is shinning, I feel so much better about myself.

Actually, Betty, I was using the excuse of rain to eat also. I was also using the excuse of boredom, lonelines, happiness, stress. But a very wise doctor pointed out that skinny people stay skinny year long, regardless of rain, snow and boredom, while Morbidly Obese people stay fat all year long by using excuses. Trust me, I hated that he told me that, but he's dead on correct. Rain doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm overweight.

I tend to agree with Lisa. I am fat regardless of the weather or anything else actually. I eat because I can and it fills a perceived NEED my subconscious plays with my conscious. GET IT??!! LOL!!!

Lisa I worked with a girl that probably weighed 90 pounds. She ate all day long, if I had eaten 1/3 of what she ate I would not have been able to walk through the door. I honestly don't think I am using the weather as an excuse to eat. My DH is the same way, if it is raining or cold, he eats a lot more than he does on a regular day, and he is skinny! If it stayed sunny and warm every day, I wouldn't be in the house eating I guarentee it. I honestly believe that the weather itself plays a big part in not only my eating, but how I feel. When it is raining, I have aches and pains. When it is sunny, I am working in the yard, not hurting at all, or out riding my Harley, or swimming in the pool. I just feel good when the sun is shinning. I actually didn't realize how much the weather played a part in my life until I moved from a cold climate to a warm one. I am glad it doesn't play a part in your life, it sure makes it easier for you.

Betty, if that were the case, we'd all be skinny all summer long and only fat in the winter. I'm fat year round, every year. I weighed over 300 pounds last summer, and last winter, and the summer before that.

Boy Lisa, you are really lucky that the weather don't affect your eating. When the weather is cold or rainy, I get so bored that all I want to do is eat. I probably open the fridge 100 times. When it is pretty, I feel good and peppy, and I am busy doing other things. The weather plays a big part in my life! Any time the sun is shinning, I feel so much better about myself.

I'm exactly the same way, Betty. The sunshine effects me tremendously!

I agree 100%..I am sun freak so when the sun is out my appetite is virtually gone and I'm so busy doing so many things..like today pulling weeds:) ..but when it is raining I like to cook and bake and eat!!!